Done deal

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Personally I think this is good news for the club. We have a much better chance of keeping those players who are out of contract at the club with wayne in charge. Onwards and upwards.
The Romford Dagger

Hopefully he ha already from mistakes and silly things about fans in his back and he has the potential to be a decent manager.[/quote]

Can anyone translate?[/quote]

Something about Mick McCarthy?[/quote]

Let it go man!

Read my last post and I've explained what I meant anyways..
DaggerJoel11

He needs to gather an established squad for next season now. Target Top 10. He can do well but is very affected by criticism. Need to sort out the form and maintaining wins such as the 2 win syndrome which we cant get past. We've given good teams hard work this season but need to turn them into wins.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Good news and im pleased for him.He took a lot of deserved stick and maybe should have been sacked but didn't give up and he did turn it around.Im all for bashing him when hes messing it all up(After all he enjoys the praise when its going right) but he aint done anything wrong for months.Mid table finish ffs,what more did you expect ? Good news as I say :D
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
its all good

I thought Wayne showed humility and made a point of mentioning how he could have perhaps handled things better after the Southport result
That showed he's taken fans sensitivities on board
Wayne is quite popular with some of our best players so I'd expect good news on some contract negotiations before long
One or two will almost certainly go especially if they feel they aren't playing their best position or can make it at a higher level
You can't blame them as long as they always gave 100% when playing for Daggers
Dagger Steve

There was no way a contract couldn't be offered, they would be mad not too.

I don't enjoy watching his style of football at home matches, so just hoping that improves next season. Results wise, you can't argue.
Mike the Dagger

Dagger Steve wrote:There was no way a contract couldn't be offered, they would be mad not too.

I don't enjoy watching his style of football at home matches, so just hoping that improves next season. Results wise, you can't argue.
Results wise we won five times at home in the calendar year 2014, and went out of all three cups at the first hurdle. The FA Cup defeat really hurt, coming against a poor side with the way to the third round clear. For a club with a tight budget that could have been a life saver.

Wayne should have been fired either after the Southport defeat or at Christmas when we dropped into the bottom two. He is a very lucky man to be working at a club like ours where there seems endless patience with poor football and poor results. Let's not forget the only managers we have ever sacked in our history are Cusack and Carr. The others have either left at a time of their choosing or retired.

I hope this doesn't end up biting us. I can't see that he will have grown a significantly thicker skin than he has demonstrated in his various ill judged rants, or that he is likely to have any better tactical grasp of how to change things to win games when things aren't going right.

The decision is made though, so we live with it.

Not decided on whether I'll renew my season ticket yet, will wait and see who signs contracts I guess. I don't want a discount on a 2015/16 shirt with the shitty "swords" badge on it anyway.
Dagger Steve

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Dagger Steve wrote:There was no way a contract couldn't be offered, they would be mad not too.

Results wise we won five times at home in the calendar year 2014, and went out of all three cups at the first hurdle. The FA Cup defeat really hurt, coming against a poor side with the way to the third round clear. For a club with a tight budget that could have been a life saver.

Wayne should have been fired either after the Southport defeat or at Christmas when we dropped into the bottom two.
Sorry, i meant results since turn of the year. On that basis a contract had to be offered

But yes, he should of been sacked before then.
Lcbdagger

Don't think many on here (two possibly?) would argue the manager should have been given the push after Southport... he wasn't howver and the question now of whether he deserved a contract is a million miles away. We thought we were down at points this season... could end of almost top half
ARNU

Should have been sacked after Southport,he wasn't but has redeemed himself.Fair play to him.Cant make him a worse manager can it.He'll take us up next season. :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Wayne should have been fired either after the Southport defeat or at Christmas when we dropped into the bottom two. He is a very lucky man to be working at a club like ours where there seems endless patience with poor football and poor results. Let's not forget the only managers we have ever sacked in our history are Cusack and Carr. The others have either left at a time of their choosing or retired.

I hope this doesn't end up biting us. I can't see that he will have grown a significantly thicker skin than he has demonstrated in his various ill judged rants, or that he is likely to have any better tactical grasp of how to change things to win games when things aren't going right.

The decision is made though, so we live with it.

Not decided on whether I'll renew my season ticket yet, will wait and see who signs contracts I guess. I don't want a discount on a 2015/16 shirt with the shitty "swords" badge on it anyway.
nail hammer head

Even the shitty swords badge I agree with
but we finished 9th!