Match Thread - Daggers v Burton

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

How do folks think we'll do this Saturday (especially after 3 defeats on the spin..)

Like to think we might get back to winning ways, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with a draw...2-2 perhaps?

(Hope the title is admin-friendly? :-) )
Dagdale

Well I just hope we've got Rhys Murphy back in the side, or else we could be in for a pretty miserable weekend. Also question marks whether Doey is back, certainly hope so as we missed him at Peterborough immensely, but like you will go for draw as a good enough result to edge our way back to a little normality after three loses.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Well I just hope we've got Rhys Murphy back in the side, or else we could be in for a pretty miserable weekend. Also question marks whether Doey is back, certainly hope so as we missed him at Peterborough immensely, but like you will go for draw as a good enough result to edge our way back to a little normality after three loses.
Thought the back four were very good the other night and even being the biggest critic of his form this year it will be a hard decision to leave out Femi who finnally looked on Tuesday night the Player he is.

Do agree with you however that Rhys has to play. Was most disappointed that we left out the leagues top scorer not from the Team but from the squad. Would love to have seen him have 20 minutes ans who knowa that Wembley dream may still be alive.
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Dagdale wrote:Do agree with you however that Rhys has to play. Was most disappointed that we left out the leagues top scorer not from the Team but from the squad. Would love to have seen him have 20 minutes ans who knowa that Wembley dream may still be alive.
Ah...well personally I'd have been disappointed if he did play against the Posh - he got injured in the last Paint cup kickabout against Southend & then struggled a few days later against Cheltenham.

Certainly do hope he plays tomorrow though!
dagger4eva

I'm with Kevin and would have been disappointed if he had of played. I think we could have done with resting another 1 or 2 more also.

I'm sure he will be back for the game tomorrow and hopefully firing on all cylinders!
daggersjeff

2-1 Daggers Murphy & Saah
SUSSEX DAGGER

People say that the JPT was only a kickabout.

Somehow a Club of our limited Financial resources I feel can not afford to be so fickle. If we had scraped through Tuesday we were one game away from getting TV money.

Anyhow we all have our views and its time to turn our attention to League games. Burton at home followed by Plymouth away. Four points from these two games will be a good return six would be fantastic.

More confident about next week then tomorrow think we will do well to scrap out a draw.
bearaab

I'll go for a draw but I fell i'm being a bit optimistic. Are they using the Rory Delap long throw rechnique? We all know how good we are at defending set pieces.
ARNU

Tight one this,maybe even a nil nil draw.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
daggersjeff

Excellent result today!!

After 3 losses bounced back with a good performance!
Kevin

Very strong team performance!

Certainly wouldn't say we were at our best on Saturday, but to come away with a 2-0 win against pretty tough opposition is pretty damn fine by me..!! :-)

Think the Burton manager's obvious ploy of "lettin' 'em know your there early doors" kind of backfired somewhat.