Good point. Good performance. Good atmosphere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Enjoyed tonight more than normal. Thought we played well and deserved 3 pts. It just wasn't JCs night and the rest of our team are afraid of shooting.

Who got MOTM? Thought our best player was partridge although Boucaud, Bingham and Gayle deserve honourable mentions.

Atmosphere was superb and the chant about KFC to McNulty was chant of the season. Hilarious. Wilkinson was p1ssing himself.

Thought McNulty was the worst CB I've seen come to daggers this season.

Another good solid point. Red card for Benno helped us obviously but even before then we were the better side.

Am I the only one that thought Still could've come over so we could show our appreciation and vice versa. Perhaps a last goodbye if they go up. Only because most of us never got the chance to thank him for what e did to us as most didn't go to the away game.

Anyways, happy with a point but frustrating it's only 1. Well played lads!
Lcbdagger

Cousins as the comedy motm... Fair pay for coming away happy... Ice come home sweating to myself about our shocking lack of attacking intent!

Great to see David Beckham put in a decent shift at right back despite his age and lack of pace
Pondfield Dagger

remember him only making one save..although what a great one it was though from the free kick...absolute top notch...

yep mcnulty was there for the taking..another 15 mins on the pitch i reckon cureton would have got a least one more chance..
matt_drfc

I thought we were the better team, probably could have changed it a tad earlier but Cureton should really have put one of those away and we'd come away pleased. Not a bad result at all. Once Benno was sent off they had no plan b either. Thought Partridge had his best game in a Daggers shirt, done every thing he had to defensively and got up and down the wing well, end product could be better but overall a good performance. Midfield linked up well and pretty sound defensively. Ian Gayle certainly deserves to play these next 3 games, I think he can be a good player for us in the future, hopefully he takes his chance, bit shaky early on but looked comfortable after that.
Lcbdagger

Gayle wasn't brilliant but was solid after twenty minutes and that's all you need when not under constant pressure... Clean sheet for him. Dodgy first ten, especially a bizarre non tackle on the edge of our box which nearly led to a one on one

I thought Partridge looked excellent considering ice always thought him too skew to be a natural wide defender
stanton101

Agree with most points on here. On a different night jc could have had at least two, atmosphere was good and all in all for a 0-0 I came away feeling quite pleased. If I had one small criticism I would have wanted the changes made like we did against wimbledon as I think luton were there for the taking. But overall a good night, well done boys.
matt_drfc

I forgot to mention, Abu playing behind Curo is completely pointless, offers nothing, not technically good enough. If that's his position from now on, goodbye captain 'fantastic'.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:I forgot to mention, Abu playing behind Curo is completely pointless, offers nothing, not technically good enough. If that's his position from now on, goodbye captain 'fantastic'.

I agree with you here. Centre me is his position with his fight and determination or Right back. Not CAM which was tonight's position.
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:I forgot to mention, Abu playing behind Curo is completely pointless, offers nothing, not technically good enough. If that's his position from now on, goodbye captain 'fantastic'.

I agree with you here. Centre me is his position with his fight and determination or Right back. Not CAM which was tonight's position.
Yep, agreed.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Agree with most of the comments and proves what a funny old game this is. Tonight we looked far better throughout then we did against The Dons on Easter Monday yet we won that 4 nil. Two home clean sheets in a row one goal conceded in three games and we have made a number of changes to the Personel in those three games. That is a big step in right direction . Come on boys make my season let's hunt down those skates and give me another Summer to gloat.
Don Beech 3

Thought it a decent enough performance last night. Cureton surely had the most chances he's had in a match and couldn't finish. Also his first touch wasn't great. Until he got sent off Benson seems to have improved his touch greatly. Luton readjusted 2nd half and tried to force our play out wide knowing that if we had to cross and it would be to some of the smallest players in the league. Bit disappointed that Eddie was so reluctant to shoot yesterday, always played the ball out wide when on the edge of the area when he knows what would have happened if he had shot. If we had brought a bit of presence up front with the subs then it may have changed. Bonus is at christmas that was the game where Luton were going to get promoted and relegate Dagenham in the process.
DaggerJoel11

Exactly what was missing in Cumbria. Proud of the fight we showed despite nothing to play for. Bumper crowd too and can just enjoy ( but still fight) Saturday and the subsequent couple. Great chants too.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''