All this Bollox.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Dagger In The Heart wrote:What puzzles me over a potential mass exodus to Luton, not that I think it'll actually happen, should those mentioned leave I imagine for higher pastures rather than another L2 side. If that set of players scrapped 22nd on goal difference largely under Judas, how does he possibly imagine they'll be any better should he setup effectively the same side somewhere else??
Not sure about mass exodus but Id imagine Luton could offer them double what we pay them plus, as could quite a few other L2 clubs.It is a fact Still payed money for Wilko who was an inferior player to Bingham,Abs and Doe though.To get them for free seems a no brainer.That must hurt seeing a mediocre player on double your money.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

Isn't it a fact that very few players who leave us prosper at other clubs? I'm not of course talking about the players who have been sold on.
Adrian

Dagger In The Heart wrote:What puzzles me over a potential mass exodus to Luton, not that I think it'll actually happen, should those mentioned leave I imagine for higher pastures rather than another L2 side. If that set of players scrapped 22nd on goal difference largely under Judas, how does he possibly imagine they'll be any better should he setup effectively the same side somewhere else??
The players that could go to Luton were key players in that season, last season and this season. Given that in reality its 3 or 4 players, to suggest that it was them that scraped 22nd is frankly ludicrous (as is blaming Still, when it was the 10 points from 12 games after he left that dropped us to 22nd).
Lcbdagger

I doubt many decent League One sides, let alone one at the top of this division would be greatly hampered by having Bingham, Abu and Scotty in their first team squad, having all signed on free transfers
SUSSEX DAGGER

We were never told that he had even been offered a new deal or did I miss something.

Can't beleive for one minute he has not and it may even be a done deal despite the romours that he was stalling .

Just an opinion because it makes no odds to me as I will get behind whoever is in charge but it may help the sale of much needed Season tickets if it was known who was going to be at the helm. Also the re-signing of the fans darling may also assist, now why has this not happened ?????????

Feel sorry for anybody who gets it and would not blame Wayne if he said stuff that for a game of marbles as I don't think he will be out of work long.

If he stays he is only going to get the same next season and as I said many times you should be Carefull what you wish for as I firmly think next season is going to be the hardest since we returned to this Division.
Diggerthedog

Don't get all this careful want you wish for and we can't do better rubbish. Example is look at Wycombe and the turn around they have made on a smaller budget then what Wayne has had.

Point of the matter is he mentions he is in negotiations for his contract which means he had already been offered one, so yes he is stalling.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:Don't get all this careful want you wish for and we can't do better rubbish. Example is look at Wycombe and the turn around they have made on a smaller budget then what Wayne has had.

Point of the matter is he mentions he is in negotiations for his contract which means he had already been offered one, so yes he is stalling.
I highly doubt Wycombe have a smaller budget than us.
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Don't get all this careful want you wish for and we can't do better rubbish. Example is look at Wycombe and the turn around they have made on a smaller budget then what Wayne has had.

I highly doubt Wycombe have a smaller budget than us.
Been working on a squad of 18 this season after being close to administration and not wanting to break salary cap rules. We have a bigger squad and used lots more loanees than them.

Don't be fooled by our crowds for budget size, we have other incomes that clubs don't including the Gayle windfall.
its all good

There could be reasons for the delay unconnected with WB's own demands. It may be to do with some of the same things the fans want - rentention of best players next year for example.
I don't have any definite information but I do know that a big factor in whether the club's best players stay on is who the manager is next year. They want to know if Wayne is commiting himself before they sign
The players being picked every week this season know that if WB is manager again next year he will probably pick them again
A new manager coming in would almost always have different ideas from the outgoing one unless perhaps promoted from within
Maybe Wayne has asked the board for their plans about budget and which players will be offered new contracts?
Just a thought..........