Get in

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

Just got home, great team performance today. The first minute goal, and even during a sticky patch midway through the first half we looked okay. Their first goal went out for a corner before being crossed back in.

2 quick goals in the second, Ayo taking advantage of some defensive indecision but had lots to do. Jamie looked offside for the third but who cares.

Their 2nd was deep in injury time and caused no danger.

Confidence is high, so on we go, we can't fear anybody now, looking up not down
Dagdale

The more I see of Widdowson playing for us the more I like, seems to fit in so well again today.
leewilson

Dagdale wrote:The more I see of Widdowson playing for us the more I like, seems to fit in so well again today.
Widdowson is your typical solid league 2 full back. Exactly what we require. No thrills, 7 out of 10 every game. Does his job. Hoyte was similar and we've missed him this year.
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote:
Dagdale wrote:The more I see of Widdowson playing for us the more I like, seems to fit in so well again today.
Widdowson is your typical solid league 2 full back. Exactly what we require. No thrills, 7 out of 10 every game. Does his job. Hoyte was similar and we've missed him this year.
Agreed! I'm happy if we come away from games and say nothing about widdowson cos he's solid as a rock! Typical game each week from him I expect where he makes no major mistakes and does nothing that makes you go 'wow'.

Extremely Happy we've got him in tbh!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Young Joe looked a tad slow when he came into the side at Plymouth.

We now have two full backs who look the part. Can I just add how we'll Both Luke and Ash have been in this revival . They have been the unsung heroes in this period both of them in the last few away games have been fantastic in the defensive work they have got through. Their willingness to track back can only help the cause and as a result our full backs are not exposed like they were during certain periods of this season.

Great stuff , when you roll your sleeves up and do the dirty work it brings it's own rewards.