Massive Result

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

Definitely couldn't see four goals coming at half-time, but we deserved the win for sure. Cheltenham were very bad, only thing they did going forward was profit from Batt's repeated errors, he really is garbage.

Hemmings and Howell were the best two on the pitch for me, Jakubiak's goal was good but to say he changed the match is OTT
ARNU

Richie wrote:Definitely couldn't see four goals coming at half-time, but we deserved the win for sure. Cheltenham were very bad, only thing they did going forward was profit from Batt's repeated errors, he really is garbage.

Hemmings and Howell were the best two on the pitch for me, Jakubiak's goal was good but to say he changed the match is OTT
He did more than Murphy who played only while it was nil nil.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:One season wonder !

We'll stay up without him,and watch the offers flood in from the premiership for him in the summer.Not !

Tap in v Bury is his entire contribution this year.

Why was his goal disallowed today ?

Must of been someone else that scored 20+ goals in the Dutch second division season before his one season wonder.
7*
bearaab

Got your priorities sorted. Win 3-1, constantly berate one of our players.
Masked Man

Who's the doppelgänger for Hemmings who scored twice in a week? :lol:

Let's keep this Hemming! He looks a lot more focused and able...

Dire, boring game to watch. Though the shit performance anti racist day voodoo had struck again, but a goal is a goal, and we got more today than for the last two months!

We need consistency!!!
matt_drfc

Great result! Hemmings was fantastic yet again. Batt was the only player I can say had a bad game, but I expect that now. More of the same boys, we will stay up!
JFJBENSTEAD

Second half I thought we were excellent. Showed real attacking threat. A couple of observations:

1) Get Cureton off penalties - he's missed both he's had this season and nerves got the better of his attempt (excellent follow up though).

2) Batt aside, the defence looked pretty solid - we need to keep Obeliye!

3) what has happened to Cousin's kicking? Had a stinker at Cambridge and struggled again today.
Though he's been absolutely superb this season!

4) Jakubiak looks a player. Pace to burn and worries defenders. Took his goal very well.

Half time at Cambridge I'd written us off. Feel much more confident now.

7 points from the last 9 at home - a corner turned?
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Got your priorities sorted. Win 3-1, constantly berate one of our players.
Were you there today ??

Where are all the posts proclaiming Murphys great performance then ? Batt was shit too. No biggy.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ChazmanQ

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Second half I thought we were excellent. Showed real attacking threat. A couple of observations:

1) Get Cureton off penalties - he's missed both he's had this season and nerves got the better of his attempt (excellent follow up though).

3) what has happened to Cousin's kicking? Had a stinker at Cambridge and struggled again today.

4) Jakubiak looks a player. Pace to burn and worries defenders. Took his goal very well.

Obeliye was immense at the back. Him and Doe seem to have a great understanding
bearaab

ARNU wrote:
bearaab wrote:Got your priorities sorted. Win 3-1, constantly berate one of our players.
Were you there today ??

Where are all the posts proclaiming Murphys great performance then ? Batt was shit too. No biggy.
Missing the point entirely as usual.
matt_drfc

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Second half I thought we were excellent. Showed real attacking threat. A couple of observations:

Cureton turned to us and said "I'm not taking anymore" :lol: to say he was relieved is an understatement.
leewilson

Murphy has been out injured for about a year. Give the guy a break. He won't be back to his best in just 4-5 games. He needs far longer but there are signs that he is getting there. Hopefully the injury is nothing serious.

Also, last season, he was leading the line with Zav and Medy either side to feed him. So far this season, he's played up front with a very similar striker to him and hasn't had particularly good service at all. He's been forced to come shorter a lot and feed off scraps. It's not his game.
Mike the Dagger

leewilson wrote:Murphy has been out injured for about a year. Give the guy a break. He won't be back to his best in just 4-5 games. He needs far longer but there are signs that he is getting there. Hopefully the injury is nothing serious.

Also, last season, he was leading the line with Zav and Medy either side to feed him. So far this season, he's played up front with a very similar striker to him and hasn't had particularly good service at all. He's been forced to come shorter a lot and feed off scraps. It's not his game.
Agree with that. It looked like a groin strain to me, which is generally 2-3 weeks.

Rhys was playing more of a number 10 role today than right up top. It's not really his game, but he and Cureton both want to play similar roles.

Anyone know what has happened to Yussuf>
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:Great result! Hemmings was fantastic yet again. Batt was the only player I can say had a bad game, but I expect that now. More of the same boys, we will stay up!
Batt made a superb block first half when both central defenders went walk about, no worse then widdowson today.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:One season wonder !

We'll stay up without him,and watch the offers flood in from the premiership for him in the summer.Not !

Tap in v Bury is his entire contribution this year.

Why was his goal disallowed today ?
Do we have to kick a man when he is down FFS. The lad is clearly injured and from what I am hearing it's not looking to good