Flexi-card

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Cant see how anyone can criticise the club for trying.Wasnt long ago that they'd have not listened or bothered.I got my ST now but I can see how this offer might well suit a fair few who'd otherwise not attend.Good on 'em I say.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

If the Club offered free beer with tickets the usual suspects on here would complain they were tea drinkers
Dagger83

Simmo wrote:The flexicard is not because of cash flow. We're trying to keep attendances up and, after some feedback, decided this was worth a try.
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was over thinking it but that was the first thought I had when I saw the scheme.

As I said, it's good they're trying something new but does seem a little strange that it's quite a bit cheaper than a season ticket. Hope it works.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Kevin

ARNU wrote:Cant see how anyone can criticise the club for trying.Wasnt long ago that they'd have not listened or bothered.I got my ST now but I can see how this offer might well suit a fair few who'd otherwise not attend.Good on 'em I say.
Exactly..might not work out, but certainly worth a try I reckon.
Mike the Dagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:i was about to get an adult terrace season ticket this week for £335...will have a rethink now...seeing as 23 games on the flexi card will cost £280... you would be gutted if you was one of those who purchased a £335 ticket between 1 june and now lol....
Anyone who bought a season ticket at full price since 1st June is either stupid or doesn't really care about the extra £55. Realistically, the only people who might possibly be upset by this are those that might not make it to 15 games this season and have a season at £199.
mickeyblue

Imo this should of been launched the same time as season tickets.
I got my early bird ticket but this suits me better.
Feedback from who people who didn't renew ?
What about the people that did renew do they not matter again.
It's a great idea btw lots are just disappointed they didn't get the choice and rightly so.
but we finished 9th!
Kevin

mickeyblue wrote:What about the people that did renew do they not matter again.
Really??

If I got an email from the club asking me the reasons why I had bought a season ticket, I'd think it was some kind of wind up! :)
mickeyblue

That is exactly what I ment.
but we finished 9th!
admin
Site Admin

My only criticism of this is I'm a bit disappointed they didn't release this at the same time as the season tickets because I would have preferred to have gone with the flexi card. I've been highly critical of the club over recent times for not doing enough to boost attendances (in my opinion, attendances are the clubs biggest problem at the moment). However well done to the club for trying something and it seems like a really good idea
Mike the Dagger

Just got an email from the club which says:

"There will be only one ticket per Flexi-Card per match for the holder only. To ensure that the offer is not abused you will be asked to provide a passport sized photo when applying for your card and show it when purchasing / collecting your ticket and again at the turnstile when entering the ground."

Isn't this a load of useless admin if you have to purchase a ticket, then go to the gate. why not accept flexi cards and £10 cash on the Season ticket gates? is the photo on the card or separate to it?

Decent idea poorly executed maybe.
Adrian

Mike the Dagger wrote:Just got an email from the club which says:

"There will be only one ticket per Flexi-Card per match for the holder only. To ensure that the offer is not abused you will be asked to provide a passport sized photo when applying for your card and show it when purchasing / collecting your ticket and again at the turnstile when entering the ground."

Isn't this a load of useless admin if you have to purchase a ticket, then go to the gate. why not accept flexi cards and £10 cash on the Season ticket gates? is the photo on the card or separate to it?

Decent idea poorly executed maybe.
The club issued photo cards with the free child season tickets, but only if you bothered to provide a photo. If you didn't provide a photo they still provided a ticket - or in one case issued two tickets.
stanton101

If I'd have known we'd be letting our best players go on a weekly basis, then I would never have bought a season ticket. Piss takers.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:If I'd have known we'd be letting our best players go on a weekly basis, then I would never have bought a season ticket. Piss takers.
The best clubs in the world lose their best players. Why would we be any different.
Dagger83

"Letting them go" is a funny way of putting it. They had no contract with us. Not much the club can do other than offer a new one. If they won't sign, they won't sign. What can you do other than offer silly money?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
IanC

stanton101 wrote:If I'd have known we'd be letting our best players go on a weekly basis, then I would never have bought a season ticket. Piss takers.
Hope this is tongue in cheek,otherwise its the most ridiculous quote of the summer.