Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:29 pm Thank you for that.

So looking at it, Strevs wants 2 more in for pre-season rather than for August which is much more understandable.

Standard question asked on food :banghead: I have never been to a stadium with good food. Even Wembley is crap and costs a bomb too. If you get that hungry go to the cafe opposite or the pie & mash shop before!
The games moved on our club hasn’t hence we fail to attract new fans, fans experience needs to be improved including the food.
len

The new owners have been very successful people in business and also have done very well with a football club in Italy. On that basis, they appear to have all the expertise available to hopefully move our club forward. This is just the start of the journey, but I am excited as to where it will take us, things will take time, so we need to be patient.
Some fans talk about improving the "match day experience" but to me the feel good factor for most, will be if we start winning more games, that normally soon lifts everyones spirits.
We all need to get behind the owners.
Chalky69

To me the match day experience is not as important as playing good football and winning. The quality of food has been mentioned on previous occasions but personally I can see nothing wrong with it. Wednesday was a very encouraging meeting although some of the questions asked were a little bit out of place in view of the fact the new owners were seeing the club facilities for the first time and had yet to find out what the match day experience is like. All in all a good evening and so heart warming for Ben to get the reception he did.
Pablo

Things seem on the up but I have one slight reservation. Our new ' Director of Football' is also a players agent and I am led to believe that a couple of the new signings are his clients. This seems to me to be a potential conflict of interest and often leads in other clubs to managerial conflicts. As I say this is an arrangement that may work ,if so good ,but it's worth keeping an eye on.
NBDag

I am all for improving match experience believe me. But I don’t think better burgers are the most pressing issue for us to flag to our new owners on introduction. Also unfortunately stadium food isn’t very good everywhere else. IMO getting a new caterer won’t improve experience as much of the 100 brand new things we could introduce to our matchdays.

As for James King and his former agency, he states on LinkedIn that he has left and it’s only been one player I can see (Umerah) that has joined us. Strevs picks the players and King’s job is to make it happen. So if he will use his connections to get us those players over other teams then I think we would all take that. Shouldn’t be any way for it to be dodgy without someone like Strevs or Dan Hall also being on board.
len

NBDag wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:01 am I am all for improving match experience believe me. But I don’t think better burgers are the most pressing issue for us to flag to our new owners on introduction. Also unfortunately stadium food isn’t very good everywhere else. IMO getting a new caterer won’t improve experience as much of the 100 brand new things we could introduce to our matchdays.
Totally agree with that.