Basildon United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

1-0 up. Missed the bloody goal queing up...
Mikins

Whats the line-up like? I'm stuck in work otherwise I'd have wandered down tonight
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mikins wrote:Whats the line-up like? I'm stuck in work otherwise I'd have wandered down tonight
Cousins
Passley
Nosworthy
Clever Dick
Raymond
Ferdinand
Bouchard
Labadie
Mulraney
Doidge
McClure

3-0 up at h/t
Doidge
McClure
Labadie
all assisted by Mulraney
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pondfield Dagger wrote:1-0 up. Missed the bloody goal queing up...
queuing up ?
hear that protesters and boycotters they are queuing up.
Pondfield Dagger

well done daggers 6-0, attendance over 200...226 i think i heard the old boy say........ mccure clinical finishing- hatrick and the little fella wearing number 11, very rapid down the wing...looks a very good player....
Chigwellian

I protested by staying at home!
speedy

Pondfield Dagger wrote:well done daggers 6-0, attendance over 200...226 i think i heard the old boy say........ mccure clinical finishing- hatrick and the little fella wearing number 11, very rapid down the wing...looks a very good player....
Number 11 was Jake Mulraney on loan from QPR, no disrespect to the opposition but he should be looking good against Basildon. A more or less Daggers first team did what you would expect them to do against a team umpteen leagues below.
stanton101

To be fair Basildon were outclassed and rightly so. It will be a lot harder on Saturday against another pro side. Be interesting to see what type of side Wayne puts out.
A S dagger97

Any win will sureley do the players good at the moment so I'll take it
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Lcbdagger

If nothing else yesterday, we are surely looking at McClure getting a chance as the main front man for the weekend's game? I am a huge fan of Doidge but don't think he will score enough goals in a 433 or 451 as a central striker and our forays in to a traditional 442 this season have seen the midfield overrun every single game!
redboy

So I assume that as Doidge played he is fit, so why hasn't Koko been playing him up front as a partner for Jamie or McClure. Oh yes, that's too simple isn't it. No he won't get 20 goals, but he'll put himself about a bit and maybe get on the end of a few long balls hoofed up to him. Maybe he would even score from a header if we managed to get a decent cross in.
Mike the Dagger

redboy wrote:So I assume that as Doidge played he is fit, so why hasn't Koko been playing him up front as a partner for Jamie or McClure. Oh yes, that's too simple isn't it. No he won't get 20 goals, but he'll put himself about a bit and maybe get on the end of a few long balls hoofed up to him. Maybe he would even score from a header if we managed to get a decent cross in.
Good call, although as pointed out elsewhere, when we play 2 up top we tend to get over run through the middle (with Boucard and Ferdinand at least). Loathe as I am to suggest we try yet another new system, we have enough centre halves (and spares) to play three at the back and go 5-3-2 with wing backs. As I recall we tried it a few times last season and it worked quite well. I believe the "we changed nothing", Carlisle win was one occassion.

How about something like:

----------------O'Brien
-------Pask Obileye Hoyte
Passley-----------------------Connors
-----Dunne Labadie Raymond
---------Doige McClure
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
redboy wrote:So I assume that as Doidge played he is fit, so why hasn't Koko been playing him up front as a partner for Jamie or McClure. Oh yes, that's too simple isn't it. No he won't get 20 goals, but he'll put himself about a bit and maybe get on the end of a few long balls hoofed up to him. Maybe he would even score from a header if we managed to get a decent cross in.
Good call, although as pointed out elsewhere, when we play 2 up top we tend to get over run through the middle (with Boucard and Ferdinand at least). Loathe as I am to suggest we try yet another new system, we have enough centre halves (and spares) to play three at the back and go 5-3-2 with wing backs. As I recall we tried it a few times last season and it worked quite well. I believe the "we changed nothing", Carlisle win was one occassion.

How about something like:

----------------O'Brien
-------Pask Obileye Hoyte
Passley-----------------------Connors
-----Dunne Labadie Raymond
---------Doige McClure
So if Burnett does what you suggest there and loses 5-0 would you have any sympathy for him then ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
So if Burnett does what you suggest there and loses 5-0 would you have any sympathy for him then ?
No.

Next.

#BurnettOut
dagger4eva

Never before can I remember us putting out such a supposedly strong team for the ESC. Pretty much shows what dire straits we're in ...

However, if the thumping of a load of butchers & bakers can spark a bit of confidence and winning run (or just a win) in the league then I guess it would've been job done.