Quick note for RadioStu & Mick

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

Doesnt really do to criticise fans on the daggers player for leaving a game early when by your own admission we had one shot on target the whole game and conceeded 3 at home again, I wouldnt blame anyone for leaving after yet another toothless display at home.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

First half we matched them .When we took the lead I thought we'd go on and win it but the equaliser killed us.Heads dropped and I knew we'd then lose.We were due a loss at least we went out fighting although Im not sure about the passbacks to the keeper all day long.Was Wayne even there today ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

It was a 0-0 game for a long time and then we scored and seemed to kick them up a gear. I don't feel we really deserved our lead as we didn't have anything going forward but it's ashame we gifted two goals to them. The first one was ridiculous and should have been cleared long before it was put in the net. The 2nd was poor marking. But I'll credit them with the sub that they made. El Khatati or whatever he was called was superb when he came on. Quick feet that absolutely bamboozled us and made us back off and cloud our minds. I personally thought the subs should have been made earlier. Even at 0-0, it was obviously Curo needed support as Hemmings was having one of his anonymous days. Howell is great to have out on one side for the first 60 minutes or so but we were crying out for a bit of invention that side second half.
Alan

I was at home with manflu today, but have to agree re Mick Payme's comments. He had been moaning that we had only one shot on target all game and that the team need to do something to bring supporters back to the Daggers, so to then criticise supporters leaving at 1-3 in stoppage time.....
Richie

People are being harsh here I think. Burton were a very good team, we didn't play too badly but they were sloppy goals to give away after we took the lead.
stanton101

For the life of me I can't see how howell was man of the match. If anything it should have gone to cousins, without him we could have been embarrassed. First half was even steven but when we scored, that as already stated sprang them in to life. I was bewilldered by taking of jakubiak unless he was injured of course and once again we persist in the high ball up to jamie, surely they must realise that at 39 he isn't up to chasing and definitely not going to win anything in the air, hence his anonymity.
Adrian

We had two shots on target - the goal and the one from Cureton that was cleared off the line.

However, it was just yet another poor game to watch. Why we've gone back to playing someone behind Cureton is beyond me. It didn't work before, and it didn't work today. There were so many times when an aimless ball to Cureton was made even more aimless because had he won it, he had no support at all. I felt sorry for him as he was trying so hard to make something happen. He needs someone to actually support him a bit.

Burton was better in every department and all us taking the lead really achieved was to kick them into doing something and getting out of first gear. In some areas we just looked clueless - no creativity, silly mistakes defensively etc, etc.

I'm also at a loss as to why some of our supporters feel the need to boo every touch by a player because he had the cheek to commit a nothing foul one of ours, or moan because an opposition player stays on the floor for a few seconds after landing a little awkwardly. I think every time I've seen anything like that happen, the opposition player just ends up doing more.
stanton101

Burton were the better side by far in the second half, more creativity, better ideas and a lot more movement which you would expect given the manager they have. As for us well our run had to end sometime and personaly I think we lost to the league 2 champions today. No disgrace we just need to bounce back next week.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll done Burton any other result would have been an injustice. We poked a lion when we scored that said how close did we get to getting a good point. It's margins, Luke Howell loses out on 50/50 challange by the touch line and ten secoconds later it's in our net for their second. Did not defend anywhere near good enough on the three goals .

Big two games coming up 4 pints please boys.
stanton101

Having established that burton were the better side today, I have to say the ref did help them for their 2nd goal. It was a definite nudge on Abu and he had a clear sight of that. On such margins games are won and lost. Never mind as mentioned already 4 points from the next 2 please. Coyd.
Dagger83

Burton were better than us throughout. Not a very flash team but solid. It would have been extremely harsh if we had won that. We were pretty poor all over really, other than Cousins. The defence will be very disappointed with all three goals, the midfield created little and Cureton was stranded for the whole game. A pretty disappointing day in truth.
Last edited by Dagger83 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
stanton101

Dagger83 wrote:Burton were better than us throughout. Not a very flash team but solid. It would have been extremely harsh if we had won that. We were pretty poor all over really, other than Cousins. The defence will be very disappointed with all three goals, the midfield created little and Cureton was stranded for the who game. A pretty disappointing day in truth.
Spot on.
redboy

Despite Burton looking solid, they didn't really create much until we scored. I was as equally impressed by their response as I was disappointed by our capitulation. We take the lead then sit deep and invite them on. Too many non-runners in the team again today unfortunately.
Lcbdagger

Today was the first time in a while I've felt more worried about a positive result from 1-0 up than I have at 0-0... Ben said anyway but they coated at 0-0.. the first goal gavethem a kick up the rear and they showed their class... Not unbeatable but will certainly go up automatically. Disappointed to lose but want to see an immediate recovery next week. Three or four defeats in a row and suddenly we are back to having to prove why we won't go down
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:Today was the first time in a while I've felt more worried about a positive result from 1-0 up than I have at 0-0... Ben said anyway but they coated at 0-0.. the first goal gavethem a kick up the rear and they showed their class... Not unbeatable but will certainly go up automatically. Disappointed to lose but want to see an immediate recovery next week. Three or four defeats in a row and suddenly we are back to having to prove why we won't go down
Because there are far worse teams then us three more wins could even be enough,