Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Alan wrote:Is there any point in this fans forum? We all know the excuses that will be pedalled.
None whatsoever other than a bit of bar revenue.Just a big old bullying session,200 on to 1 and fair play to Wayne if he attends as he knows hes just gonna get yelled at,and that's really gonna do his confidence any good.Pointless.Nobody turning up at all would send a louder and more peacefull message.Strangely those fools would probably then get it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Alan wrote:Is there any point in this fans forum? We all know the excuses that will be pedalled.
None whatsoever other than a bit of bar revenue.Just a big old bullying session,200 on to 1 and fair play to Wayne if he attends as he knows hes just gonna get yelled at,and that's really gonna do his confidence any good.Pointless.Nobody turning up at all would send a louder and more peacefull message.Strangely those fools would probably then get it.
I wasn't going to yell.
Diggerthedog

I can't go as some of us work full time hours not twice a week due to some dog shit excuse about poor work conditions. Best option would be for noone to turn up. Don't turn up and say foolish things will only give Koko the clown more ammo in his childish interviews.

They have answers for everything but never no solutions. Fact is we are going down and they are doing ****** all about it, both management and board.
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:
I wasn't going to yell.
There will be heated exchange and some raised voices at the very least.That you can control yourself is to be admired......but you know there are those that could quite easily muster up the rage required to be silly.

I don't believe in all this fans gobbing off at management being at all productive.Quite why the club would leave itself open to this charade I don't know.Anyone actually gonna come away from it with changed opinions,I strongly doubt it.Might go just to see how long it takes to descend into stupidity.
SteveW

ARNU wrote:
You've never been to a forum before have you? 200 people? Bullying/yelling? For all the bleating and flouncing on here, nothing more than very slightly uncomfortable has ever been asked at one of these.
I think someone did ask about re-surfacing the car park once, you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife.
PaulHornchurch

Of course a win at Cambridge, a win against Cheltenham and first question will be 'can we win the play offs ??'
bearaab

No it won't.
ARNU

SteveW wrote:
ARNU wrote:
You've never been to a forum before have you? .
Now you don't actually know that do you ? If a few of my other stalkers have been present they could possibly confirm that I may well have been to one.
Im not saying it will descend into chaos but it will be a turkey shoot wont it ? A pointless exercise with predictable answers.
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote: Now you don't actually know that do you ? If a few of my other stalkers have been present they could possibly confirm that I may well have been to one.
Im not saying it will descend into chaos but it will be a turkey shoot wont it ? A pointless exercise with predictable answers.
And if there was no forum, people would be making complaints that the club was shirking away from criticism, that they lacked bottle, or something along those lines. So the club can't win whatever way in this situation really.
bearaab

They can win. They do the forum and arnu makes his regular complaints that the club don't care about. Win.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:
ARNU wrote: Now you don't actually know that do you ? If a few of my other stalkers have been present they could possibly confirm that I may well have been to one.
And if there was no forum, people would be making complaints that the club was shirking away from criticism, that they lacked bottle, or something along those lines. So the club can't win whatever way in this situation really.
Yes I get it but I don't see in this instance what good this does.Letting supporters take free potshots at their manager,nothing he hasn't heard or read recently I suppose but still pointless.Im intrigued though to actually hear something from Dave the Plumber.

Why are you letting this ridiculous set up continue Dave ?? (Bet he throws a sicky the day before)
dagger4eva

Arnu - I honestly dont get your viewpoint here at all.

As already mentioned, previous forums, regardless of how bad things were have never ever came even close to descending into chaos and/or a slagging match and/or a bullying session.

I've always thought these forums are a great opportunity and actually under-used by the fans.

Its a great chance to ask the people who have come under so much criticism on here & twitter and the like the questions a lot of us want answered to their faces and not stuck behind the screen of a laptop or phone.

How bad have things got to get for the club to change its manager
Does wayne regret his wycombe rant
Why doesnt wayne give our own young players much of a chance
Why did he change things for carlisle and then revert back
Why cant we have a roof at bury road
what does dave the plumber contribute in his role

Blah blah - u get the idea

Ok we know in advance some of the questions will be answered in their bog standard way and we'll hear a lot of the same old excuses. But, and its only a but, if people were to take this opportunity uo en masse and for a change show the MD and manager (in a well reasoned and dignified manner) that they arent happy then POSSIBLY they will for once stand up and take now.

As it is, the MD has apparantly yet to hear of a single person wanting a mangerial change and Burnett still believes he has the majority of peoples support when the reality is 99% of the supporters l converse with wanted him gone after Southport.

So in essence, be there or be silent
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote: As it is, the MD has apparantly yet to hear of a single person wanting a mangerial change...
That definitely is not true.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:Arnu - I honestly dont get your viewpoint here at all.

As already mentioned, previous forums, regardless of how bad things were have never ever came even close to descending into chaos and/or a slagging match and/or a bullying session.

I've always thought these forums are a great opportunity and actually under-used by the fans.

Its a great chance to ask the people who have come under so much criticism on here & twitter and the like the questions a lot of us want answered to their faces and not stuck behind the screen of a laptop or phone.

How bad have things got to get for the club to change its manager
Does wayne regret his wycombe rant
Why doesnt wayne give our own young players much of a chance
Why did he change things for carlisle and then revert back
Why cant we have a roof at bury road
what does dave the plumber contribute in his role

Blah blah - u get the idea

Ok we know in advance some of the questions will be answered in their bog standard way and we'll hear a lot of the same old excuses. But, and its only a but, if people were to take this opportunity uo en masse and for a change show the MD and manager (in a well reasoned and dignified manner) that they arent happy then POSSIBLY they will for once stand up and take now.

As it is, the MD has apparantly yet to hear of a single person wanting a mangerial change and Burnett still believes he has the majority of peoples support when the reality is 99% of the supporters l converse with wanted him gone after Southport.

So in essence, be there or be silent
You make some fair points.We'll have to see what happens.I asked wayne about the Wycombe thing,he seemed to regret it without actually saying so.This will be interesting seeing a man who dosent take criticism very well performing alongside a man we never hear from,oh unless we frequent the bar apparently.
Chigwellian

I told Steve Thompson that I wanted the manager sacked during his walkabout during the Tranmere game (I think), and he said what good would that do.... Says it all really!!