Sports Mad

This area for you to discuss any other topics
anthony

Baseball and a cardinals fan at that. I've just watched us lose the world series and have to say it hurts. Been at fan for a number of years and 'met' lots of other supporters on twitter as well. Also a patriots fan for nearly 30 years as well, my first season was watching them get beat by the bears in the highest loss of a super bowl at the time (Thank you denver).
Penfold

rebeldagger wrote:
Penfold wrote:
rebeldagger wrote:and the eagle eyed of you may have realised I too follow GAA (Gaelic games) with Cork (whom are known as the rebels) being my team.
:twisted: Come on the Kilkenny Cats! :lol:

Ah they didn't do so well this year did they? :D

Of course would have liked Cork to have won the Liam McCarthy, but fair play to Clare, and what two absolute amazing games of hurling we were all treated too for the All Ireland.
This year no, but considering its been a pretty well successful past couple of years, a year off won't hurt! :lol:
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
SUSSEX DAGGER

Horse Racing. Football could learn a lot from Horse Racing.

Children are admitted free at 99.9% of meetings. My kids have seen Tony McCoy probably the greatest Sportsman in the Country as often as they care to, all for free. Add in all the other Stars of the Sport

Not only the greatest Sportsman but also a true Gentleman. Remember about 10 years ago going to the King George at Kempton boxing day . On his way to the Parade ring to ride in the biggest race of the year so far that season my Son stepped out in front of him and asked for his autograph not only did he do that but his Mum got him to crouch down and have his photo taken with our son.again he happily obliged. This was remember no egg and spoon Race but the second most important championship Steeplechase of the season, could you imagine him getting the same from any top Footballer.

Racing is Sport who knows where tomorrows Customers are.
Mike the Dagger

I love cricket (Upminster CC, Essex and England), NFL (Patriots fan of the same vintage as Anthony, saw them thrashed in the Super Bowl surrounded by a houseful of Bears fans in January 1986 but have had payback recently) and baseball (no real allegiances but I have seen several games live and would probably name the Atlanta Braves if pushed to pick one).

I have a soft spot for darts too and used to play hockey so enjoy that too, although its a tough spectator sport. The night of Athletics in the stadium at the Olympics last year was possibly the best atmosphere of any sporting event I have ever attended. Rugby works, although I prefer League to Union (I had an uncle that played for Wakefield Trinity).

I'll watch pretty much anything where the outcome isn't decided by a panel of judges (i.e. ice skating, diving, gymnastics etc).
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Horse Racing. Football could learn a lot from Horse Racing.
I agree. When a player breaks a leg, they should be shot and their carcass sold to Iceland.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.