What next for Dagenham?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Keane Handley

Rather than depress myself reporting on Tuesday’s match I have decided to look to the future. Who should we bring in and who should we let go?
READ BELOW⬇️
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m=1
NBDag

Have been reading your articles but I really disagree with what was said about Taylor. This whole “England manager” farce that many have clung onto over time needs to end. He was caretaker for one game. Would we ever say “Warren Hackett, ex-Daggers manager”? Are we really still believing that players came here so they could say they have learnt from household name Peter Taylor? Fact is a lot of the players we signed before the money came in, didn’t actually have anywhere else to go.

His connections have bought in one decent loan player when we were up shit creek and one striker, who as much as I like, just hasn’t performed. Hardly convincing is it? The only benefit we have seen come out of Taylor’s connections is with Wilko and maybe Manny- but I doubt either would have happened if it wasn’t for money.

I’m also fed up with this expectations at the start of the season excuse. Yes if we were in the same position as August we wouldn’t give a toss about this. But is it really that unfair to say that our expectations changed when the Americans came in?

Looking forward I ask myself how much worse could it be without Taylor? Where I struggle to think of anything outside of Wilkinson’s attitude. For me that’s just not enough to keep hold of him.
LondonDagger

NBDag wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 am Have been reading your articles but I really disagree with what was said about Taylor. This whole “England manager” farce that many have clung onto over time needs to end. He was caretaker for one game. Would we ever say “Warren Hackett, ex-Daggers manager”? Are we really still believing that players came here so they could say they have learnt from household name Peter Taylor? Fact is a lot of the players we signed before the money came in, didn’t actually have anywhere else to go.

His connections have bought in one decent loan player when we were up shit creek and one striker, who as much as I like, just hasn’t performed. Hardly convincing is it? The only benefit we have seen come out of Taylor’s connections is with Wilko and maybe Manny- but I doubt either would have happened if it wasn’t for money.

I’m also fed up with this expectations at the start of the season excuse. Yes if we were in the same position as August we wouldn’t give a toss about this. But is it really that unfair to say that our expectations changed when the Americans came in?

Looking forward I ask myself how much worse could it be without Taylor? Where I struggle to think of anything outside of Wilkinson’s attitude. For me that’s just not enough to keep hold of him.

Massively agree. Taylor feels like we owe him something when really there is a reason that he was here at the start of the season. He has lived off of that England name since it happened, to which many of his previous clubs think he is awful.

I think Wilko would perform without him or at least i hope so because he loves his football here. Hopefully we get rid of the dead wood at the end of the season, say thank you to Taylor but we start looking to win the league next year.
Keane Handley

We need to give him more than just 9 months; Success is never instant (even in Dagenham’s case). Only if we aren’t in the playoffs by Christmas will I be calling for him to go.
daggersjeff

Keane Handley wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:07 pm We need to give him more than just 9 months; Success is never instant (even in Dagenham’s case). Only if we aren’t in the playoffs by Christmas will I be calling for him to go.
Me? I'll be happy if we slip in to the play offs on the last day of next season......still(sorry shouldn't use that word!!) an improvement on this season
NBDag

Keane Handley wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:07 pm Success is never instant
Off the top of my head, Lincoln and Solihull would disagree. Two changes in management that have been beyond successful from the off.
Daggerman

McLaren available, another ex England manager with a wealth of experience in....... something
LondonDagger

Keane Handley wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:07 pm We need to give him more than just 9 months; Success is never instant (even in Dagenham’s case). Only if we aren’t in the playoffs by Christmas will I be calling for him to go.
You want the man who changed a winning team without reason to carry on next year? Is this once he has taken us down to the South?
stanton101

Peter Taylor, Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Alan Pardew, Mark McGhee, to name but a few. All managers and all absolutely shit at what they do. And yet some mug, will undoubtedly give them a job or they'll end up thieving a living doing some punditry somewhere, amazing stuff!
Dagger Steve

stanton101 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm Peter Taylor, Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Alan Pardew, Mark McGhee, to name but a few. All managers and all absolutely shit at what they do. And yet some mug, will undoubtedly give them a job or they'll end up thieving a living doing some punditry somewhere, amazing stuff!
All those managers have had success and won trophies.
stanton101

Dagger Steve wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:59 pm
stanton101 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm Peter Taylor, Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Alan Pardew, Mark McGhee, to name but a few. All managers and all absolutely shit at what they do. And yet some mug, will undoubtedly give them a job or they'll end up thieving a living doing some punditry somewhere, amazing stuff!
All those managers have had success and won trophies.
And have had more sacks than the post office.
lupins

As have Mourinho, Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Clough, Carr and Cusack so your reasoning makes little sense
But we get it you don't rate him

PS there is still time to link the Julie's Burgers thread to the Manager debate
stanton101

lupins wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:04 pm As have Mourinho, Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Clough, Carr and Cusack so your reasoning makes little sense
But we get it you don't rate him

PS there is still time to link the Julie's Burgers thread to the Manager debate
Yep, he's right up there with Clough right enough.
daggerChris

For what its worth I'm not overly convinced by Taylor. His tactics at times are confusing.

But we do need to remember we have a squad of players which was mostly picked up on low wages when the club looked in danger and I would expect most of those players not to be here next season.

His signings when financially stable have been good. Balanta, Wilko, Clark, Manny

And I do not see an outstanding candidate available to take the job. For people saying McMahon, Ebbsfleet were struggling when he left, Garry Hill has gone there and got the same group of players to the cusp of the playoffs with financial difficulties still at the club. Garrard is another who was mentioned but his Boreham Wood team are below us in the table. I know they lost players in the summer but are struggling massively. I feel both are good managers that may have just taken those teams as far as they could, but are by no means guaranteed to be successful here.

The one who I would potentially look at if Taylor is to leave would be Ben Strevens. Done a brilliant job at Eastleigh, has an affiliation with the club and with financial backing from the owners could take us forward potentially.