Out of the bottom four

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Small steps... but out of the bottom four... onwards and upwards... two draws against sides I thought would be in the top three come May.

Let's just hope we can get the crowds on now the financial side is sorted on a short to medium term basis, in order to be realistic about getting back up to League 2 in the future
Adrian

We mostly did well at the back and in midfield.
Some of the decision making going forward is pretty poor.
Still don't get the fuss about Reynolds from pre -season - I think I could defend against him.

They were another very average team and created very little.
Have just found some comments from Matin Allen after the game. Not sure what he was watching as apparently they dominated and we only had one effort in the whole game and that was from 40 yards.

Had to laugh at their supporters shouting out that we must like Hines as he'd played for West Ham, apparently unaware that he'd played for us.
They also referred to Tomi as "a shit Zaha". Can't think why they'd draw that comparison.
Alan

Martin Allen is a prize prick, kicking the ball away and shouting at his players to stay down at1-0. Some of the diving from their players, Shaw and Denton in particular, was embarrassing. The linesman in the sieve side was absolutely dreadful.
Granddad

Does anyone know how bad Luke Pennels injury is?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another good result that a fortnight ago most would have thought unlikely.

Could not make it today as had a long term commitment but followed game on Twitter feed. Sounds like we gave it a good go

Hats off to Phipps second time in two games we have lost a vital player and he has had to gone on at a dodgy time. Second time also he we have scored with him coming in
Adrian

Alan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 pm Martin Allen is a prize prick, kicking the ball away and shouting at his players to stay down at1-0. Some of the diving from their players, Shaw and Denton in particular, was embarrassing. The linesman in the sieve side was absolutely dreadful.
All 3 officials were poor again.
We should have had a penalty when Romain got flattened in the area. Gordon got penalised for an identical foul outside the area.
The complete failure to even react to the 29 deliberately pushing Kandi into the fence was a disgrace.

Also had to laugh at the supporters having a go at Robinson going down after taking a knock to his knee - he shook it off and got on with the game, unlike Shaw did when he fell over Justahm.
Alan

Not to mention Hines petulant kick of a player after failing to stop ball going for a goal kick.
NBDag

Granddad wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:47 pm Does anyone know how bad Luke Pennels injury is?
Not too bad I’m assuming as he came out to clap the fans and didn’t seem in pain.

Whilst we’re on the subject of pricks at this match- let’s not forget the Daggers fan in the Sieve that threw a bottle at their captain. Pretty stupid behaviour that’s going to get us a fine. Lovely welcome present to our new owners. Bellend.
RM1Dagger

I thought they were pretty poor but we didn't pull up any trees either and a point isn't bad considering Shaw missed an absolute sitter for 2-0 which would of been game over. Plenty of endeavour again though.
Last edited by RM1Dagger on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

Couldn't make it but I'd have took a draw before kick off. We've blagged 7 points with last minute goals. We're more used to giving points away like that ain't we . I'd happily take a draw at Eastleigh too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
CharlieC

Pleased with a point yesterday. Thought we limited Chesterfield to few chances and dealt with Denton very well. Again, Gordon was brilliant, especially on the ball. Makes a few mistakes here and there but that’s to be expected at his age!

Just a quick word on Hines, such a shame to see him struggling in this league when he was one of the best players in League Two in his first season with us.
DagenhamDan

They were a particularly nasty lot! I think Denton bossed the first half but quietened in the second seemed to get susses then was very frustrated for the rest of the game. The ref and officials were awful in all. The bottle incident was a little funny not the guy who threw it but the captain's reaction by taking a drink of it. Gordon was the best player in my eyes and he has been one of the better ones at every game in all fairness. Wasn't an amazing watch overall but we got a point and that's all that matter. I hate Martin Allen sides.