Cambridge Friendly

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Last home fixture before league action against a stronger faster Cambridge side. Second best for most of the game.
Team:-
Moore
Hoyte (C)
Wright
Gordon
Donovan
Swain
Kandi
Romain
Harfield
Cheek
Bonds

Looked a little disjointed first half not much in midfield, and most of our attacking options were through Kandi on the right flank 0-1 HT

Robinson on for Bonds on 45 and looked more solid in midfield, attack was still pretty ineffectual, and we rode our luck until a last minute penalty sealed the win for Cambridge
Subs through 2nd half:-
Gyasi,Hitch, Phipps and Balogun for Harfield, Hoyte Cheek and Kandi

Thought Wright and Swain looked a good central defensive pairing, and Phipps is a big strong lad but didn't seem to know his role, so drifted in and out of the game a little.

Moore looking better each game
Lcbdagger

Have we actually signed Swaine? Thought he looked decent

Not a terrible performance but even when he had most of the ball after going behind you never really felt we had a couple of goals in us... Only Reynolds seems to have got the attacking bug in pre-season... Fan of Kandi but don't see him scoring too many

Definitely not a night of concerns given where the squad was six weeks ago
Diggerthedog

Never went last night but I see a lack of goals and midfield creativity being a huge problem this coming season. Clean sheets could be vital.
BB-Dagger

Thought there were A few players who looked ok, centre backs were good but were out muscled by the Cambridge forwards in the first half, we didn’t have a lot in midfield but Harry Donovan looks like he’s a good acquisition. Overall the class between the two teams last night showed and wasn’t helped that we didn’t really gel as a team, a couple of the new lads seemed to be trying too hard to impress.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:45 am Never went last night but I see a lack of goals and midfield creativity being a huge problem this coming season. Clean sheets could be vital.
Part timer !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

I was impressed by Harry Donovan (number 8) who looked competent and kept getting Kandi away up the right. Romain also did ok but saw much less of the ball than Kandi.

Kandi is a proper handful but not an obvious threat to score himself, needs a centre forward looking to get on the end of things and Cheek looked off the pace again to me. I know it is pre season and you don't want to be throwing yourself into potential knocks etc. but there were a few decent crosses in to him that ought to have elicited a little more actual effort to get on the end of.

The two centre halves looked great last night, really commanding getting on headers. Moore also looked competent in goal, made one outstanding save in the second half.

Cambridge deserved the win, carried a lot more consistent threat that us, and there were a couple of epic goalmouth scrambles we got away with, but 2-0 was probably about right in the end.

All in all, bring it on!
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:45 am Never went last night but I see a lack of goals and midfield creativity being a huge problem this coming season. Clean sheets could be vital.
Part timer !!
You're not even that!
ARNU

I'm a consumer.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !