Full and life members...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Mike the Dagger wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:10 pm They said £100 pa last night.

No, it isn't on the form!!! Doh!
Aside from not mentioning the 100 on the form (seriously?) they also failed to mention last night anything about a £25 registration fee.

Cowboys.
Alan

Who is going to stump up £125 for membership that seems to give no benefits?
Voice of reason

I used to be involved with a fairly large club in a different sport where it was a Member's Club
It was set up the same way as we were before ST and his cronies forced the changes through
Each member paid £1 and had an equal say in any vote with 75% needed for any fundamental changes
They became an equity holder in the Limited Company but with only £1 liability
The club owned its own property in what in recent years has become a very expensive area
There was an approach a few years ago for the club to move into a nearby local authority facility and use the cash from the sale of the property to 'improve the club'
There was never a chance of it getting through because of the way the Articles of Association and club rules were written
Especially as there was no support from any of the trustees for the change
Whoever wrote Daggers rules probably thought the club would be safe in perpetuity for the same reason
But at Daggers it was undermined from within
Having said that I have to say that I thought we were on safe ground with Glyn Hopkin
Which just proves why the club was set up that way to start with................
Alan

Except that our full members voted to change the constitution.
Mark

Except that the rep of the members voted to change the constitution of the club.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 pm Except that the rep of the members voted to change the constitution of the club.
So are you implying that the rep didn't act as directed by the full members?
ThatRoundThing

I, like a few on here have been waiting a while for the club membership to open. To me, the current terms offer seem less favourable. Quite a large percentage cost increase for in my view very little in return re a vote to make much of a difference as we are no longer a Members Club.
I won’t even be renewing 2 season tickets until I know the management structure and most of the playing staff. If I miss the early bird offer then so be it. I will attend games on a PAYG basis until I know that we are competing as a National League squad or Ryman League Premier standard squad.
In my view the club have set a Season Ticket Price too high for the standard of squad we will be left with.
Yes I have a loyalty to the club but only for ten years, so a relative newcomer who will not be cajouled into propping up recent failings by the current majority board members.

Perhaps my views have to some degree have been influenced by the Gerry Hanning’s son thread re Facebook.
Dagger42

This just another example of how poor club is with publicity. Tell a few people,rely on them passing it on, no details and then will be surprised when hardly anybody does it
Mark

I have no way of knowing, i was just being pedantic :)
Alan

Mark wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 pm Except that the rep of the members voted to change the constitution of the club.
The members had to vote for the change in the constitution to allow the transfer of assets to the limited company which happened before the appointment of the members rep to the company.
Mark

Alan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:54 pm
The members had to vote for the change in the constitution to allow the transfer of assets to the limited company which happened before the appointment of the members rep to the company.
Fair enough cheers for the info.
dagger4eva

The more I look at the numbers, the more I get f**ked off.

The total scheduled investment was £1.3mil for 76% of the club.

Bennett paid £150k for 8.5% - he now has 27.20%

Thompson paid £50k for 3% - he now has 9.68%

Each shareholding has been increased by a whopping 3.2x without either putting in a single penny extra.

I understand Dave Ward decided against taking up his shareholding of 5.5% but that he paid at least some, if not all of the £100k he was due to invest.

Now, (here's where the hypocrisy starts) - the club / they, want a huge £150k in donations (on top of the money raised from new full membership) in order to hand a measly 5% back to Full Members - yet the two have a humongous 25% extra combined share in the club, all for gratis!

Now, I await the obvious responses of "the club is skint, the shares are worthless" blah blah - but, if they are so worthless and if they really do take the view of "it's your club" and "we want to take the club back to it's roots" - then in my eyes, the decent thing to do would be to hand enough shareholding back to Full Members in order to once again make that entity the majority.
At that point, I think new supporters taking up a Full Membership becomes worthwhile, AND serious fund raising efforts could then be taken by full members to buy back, piece by piece the remaining shares in order to restore the club TRULY to it's original state.
Diggerthedog

Exactly why I wont be coming a full member. Offer up the rest you got for free Kim and DTP and I will do so, as i'm sure will many others.

You've got to be interviewed to become a member? Why?
Dagger42

Seen the official announcement on site. I might be thick but what is the difference between paying 100 quid to become member and adding 100 pound donation to a season ticket form?
rebeldagger

Dagger42 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 pm Seen the official announcement on site. I might be thick but what is the difference between paying 100 quid to become member and adding 100 pound donation to a season ticket form?
As far as I can work out.

£100 +£25 to the "old company"
Full membership - for a year - voting rights.
-
£100 donation - "new company"
Gift to DRFC LTD.