Daggers YOOF

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

With playoffs now 99.9% out of reach, playing bottom of the league and relegated Guiseley tomorrow, shouldnt we just promote half a dozen academy boys and give them a bit of a run out?

Nothing to lose and lets face it, we may need them a bit more frequently next season...
Diggerthedog

Could well be our squad next season, give the manager a go too as he can’t be any worse then the current one. Can you defend corners if so your in.
Daggernewbie

Yes agree give our youth and their manager a run out and John can sit back and rest his ankle.
CharlieC

Criticism of Still baffles me. Yes, he's got a few things wrong this season like not signing a left back and perhaps having a squad that was too big. However, since Glyn officially I actually think we've played brilliantly with all things considered. Also, the recruitment side of things has generally been excellent. A shame we had to sell Ferrier, Ling and Whitely to clubs in this league as I'm sure we would have got hefty fees for them in the summer. But with Fejiri rumoured to be attracting Football League interest and Bloomfield already sold to Norwich, I think we have to commend Stilly and his recruitment time for finding players who are going to be sold for good fees.
Diggerthedog

No doubting his recruitment skills but the budget he had this season he failed miserably, even with the trouble we should have easily made the play offs. Many of our players are paid very well and have been paid all season there should be no excuses. I was under redundancy threat last year but never dropped a bollock.