Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

Let’s hope it is both informative & constructive and not just a slanging match
Dagger85

Who’s going tonight ?
CrownDagger

Can't make it tonight but would love someone to ask this question?

Thommo stated on the A Game of Headers and Volleys podcast that the Gayle money kept us afloat. This being the case why did the club abandon this recruitment strategy under Burnett. Bringing in football league journeymen such as Ashley Hemmings, Ashley Chambers, Matt Richards, Nyron Nosworthy and the rest?

I for one believe this change in strategy has helped towards our financial difficulties.
hublander

Thanks for this forum since I can't find the post inviting Fans to a Forum on the main website. I am sure they make things disappear on the News Feed :ermm:
Diggerthedog

Heard it's getting quite lively.
hublander

It is getting very heated. With a case of you sent this e-mail and who did what. I guess the thing that is needed is the person who posted the fake e-mail to be brave and stand up and and admit it.

But then people are leaving since it is not getting anywhere.

I think it is a case of draw a line and move on.
mickeyblue

After listening to it's our fault we in this mess the only points I took from this farce is we need to get the cancer which is our supporters chairman out of the club.which just sums up our board

A complete waste of my precious time.

Who ever was the braincell behind the fake email own up so we can move on.
No other investors will get involved as our board cannot answer why there is a vendetta against some of them

Fans forum pffft
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

Was certainly interesting (for the most part) and a bit heated to boot.

A bit of tedious rambling from all involved midway through prompting a few to leave and we didnt really achieve anything other than knowing that unless whoever produced the email or someone that knows who did comes forward the club isnt going to be able to move forward any time soon.

Nonetheless its all a desperately sorry state of affairs and all anyone who genuinely supports the club can do is get behind it and PRAY enough is done to eek us through til the end of the season.
NickMurphy

Stilly said it best.

At this time, we all need to come under one umbrella and support this club. If that means putting personal agendas aside then so be it. But if you even want a club in which you can harbour those agendas in the first place, we all need to be on the same page to keep the club afloat.

It's terribly sad that it's come to this, but that's how it is in the short term at the very least.
hublander

Maybe the way forward is for somebody who is not a member of the Board or the supporters club to sit down with the two side and see what can be done by both sides to move forward.

I do know one thing. Since they allowed so home supporters to use the A13 stand the the noise and the singing on from the sieve has stopped. So a reason I think support for the club is down the atmosphere is not there anymore.

O well on to the West Ham game and hope it raises the money needed to keep the club going until the end of the season.
Diggerthedog

West Ham game will probably raise about £40k max, we will have still pay VAT on all gate receipts. We're getting to the stage where we need buckets, the club need to make an announce for the exact figure required to keep us in business. Until they do this the fans won't come to games and understand the severity of our position, last two games barely 1000 home fans.
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 am West Ham game will probably raise about £40k max, we will have still pay VAT on all gate receipts. We're getting to the stage where we need buckets, the club need to make an announce for the exact figure required to keep us in business. Until they do this the fans won't come to games and understand the severity of our position, last two games barely 1000 home fans.
Was it not £250k? could have sworn I heard or read that somewhere, perhaps on one of the podcasts.

The highest bid to be the manager for the West Ham game appears to still be at £2.5k, going by the latest tweet from the club, which is some what short, I'd imagine, of what the club had expected.