Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:55 pm

The clubs reply to my email I sent to them earlier today about the auction :-

Just thought should have added this asked permission to post this reply.

Dear Graham
Thank you for your e-mail which has been forwarded on to me.

We did consider the possibility of a raffle but for a number of reasons this was discounted.

Unfortunately we were not as optimistic as you as to the number of tickets we might have sold at £20 or £25 each and whilst I appreciate we will never know I honestly believe that your estimate is very much on the more positive side.

Also one of the main reasons for choosing an auction was the organisation of a raffle in the time frame we had, for logistical reasons we need to know the winner by the Friday before the game, and with only one home fixture in this period we needed to widen the appeal.

Another consideration was that we are entertaining a Premiership side with a senior manager and, out of respect to David Moyes and his team, we needed to ensure that the person representing our Club on the bench would understand and respect that responsibility. That is not to say that those purchasing a raffle ticket wouldn’t do that but it would have been much harder to control.

It was therefore decided that going along the “corporate route” would be the best way of achieving our overall aims with the most financial gain to the club.

I am sure, as a committed Daggers supporter, you will understand our thought process and join with us in hoping that the auction is a great success.

Kind regards
Steve

Stephen Thompson MBE
Managing Director
Dagenham & Redbridge FC
The Chigwell Construction Stadium | Victoria Road | Dagenham | RM10 7XL
T: 020 8592 1549 ext 20 | E: steve@daggers.co.uk

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Diggerthedog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Current high bid £2,500 :thumbu:

PaulHornchurch
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:17 am

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by PaulHornchurch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:24 pm

And that bid was from Darren Currie

DagenHammer87
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by DagenHammer87 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Knowing our luck; it's Wayne Burnett coming back for one last hurrah! :grin:

In all seriousness; I think this has fizzled into a damp squib. Like we've gone over countless times, the club underestimated seriously how many people would get involved in the raffle.

They could've made a heck of a lot more than the 2.5k they've made so far.

A real shame.

Its a great opportunity and an even bigger shame I don't have that sort of money floating around at the moment!

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm

The highest bid is still remains at £2,500

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Turning out to be a success this auction ( club website )

Mon Mar 12 2018

The highest confirmed bid remains at £2500, we urge people to bid as soon as possible for this once in a life time opportunity to manage the Daggers against a Premier League opposition on Wednesday 21st March. The winning bid will be announced on Friday 16th March.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Good luck urging people (supporters of a club) mostly residing in one of, if not the poorest Borough in London to bid for something in excess of 2500 quid.

I know Theresa May said there was no magic money tree, but perhaps she was wrong

RampantDuke
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by RampantDuke » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Strange - the winning bid is from a chap called G Tamplin.......

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Dagger83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Turning out to be a success this auction ( club website )

Mon Mar 12 2018

The highest confirmed bid remains at £2500, we urge people to bid as soon as possible for this once in a life time opportunity to manage the Daggers against a Premier League opposition on Wednesday 21st March. The winning bid will be announced on Friday 16th March.
How much were you expecting?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Dagger83 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Turning out to be a success this auction ( club website )

Mon Mar 12 2018

The highest confirmed bid remains at £2500, we urge people to bid as soon as possible for this once in a life time opportunity to manage the Daggers against a Premier League opposition on Wednesday 21st March. The winning bid will be announced on Friday 16th March.
How much were you expecting?
Well a lot more than this.

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Dagger83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Dagger83 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Turning out to be a success this auction ( club website )

Mon Mar 12 2018

The highest confirmed bid remains at £2500, we urge people to bid as soon as possible for this once in a life time opportunity to manage the Daggers against a Premier League opposition on Wednesday 21st March. The winning bid will be announced on Friday 16th March.
How much were you expecting?
Well a lot more than this.
Not many people will spend thousands on this. £2,500 is pretty good going.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Raffle was the way forward £25 per pop for this and £10 for the ball. The reasons for not we're bollocks could have got the person who won to sign a disclaimer. I think we would have got more, could have set up a dummy game via the ticket office to sell the raffle tickets. Reckon we could have got more than the £3000 raised so far.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by dagger4eva » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am

So there has been 1 single bid of £2,500 and not a snifter of anything in advance since.

Just 150 raffle tickets at £20 a pop would've seen a mere £500 increase on the current price. I'd hazard a guess the final figure would've been £5k + on the raffle basis

Ho hum!

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Dagger83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

dagger4eva wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am
So there has been 1 single bid of £2,500 and not a snifter of anything in advance since.

Just 150 raffle tickets at £20 a pop would've seen a mere £500 increase on the current price. I'd hazard a guess the final figure would've been £5k + on the raffle basis

Ho hum!
It's all hypothetical though. The raffle could've raised £500 and we'd all be moaning that it was a waste of time and we should've auctioned it off.

Maybe they should have done both, auctioned the manager role and raffles the assistant role.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Diggerthedog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Well done Gary Singh, lets hope he pays up.......

Post Reply