Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
User avatar
Auntie Merge
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Auntie Merge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

I wonder who will bid the highest? Glenn Tamplin for manager anyone?

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm
Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

I wonder who will bid the highest? Glenn Tamplin for manager anyone?
Merge how many tickets would you buy ? I said could afford a couple I may even buy 4 so that`s £100 just from me.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Just out of interest how many raffle tickets would you buy for the chance to manage Dagenham v West Ham at £25 ago.

Me 4 at the most so that`s £100

User avatar
Auntie Merge
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Auntie Merge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm
Auntie Merge wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm
Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

I wonder who will bid the highest? Glenn Tamplin for manager anyone?
Merge how many tickets would you buy ? I said could afford a couple I may even buy 4 so that`s £100 just from me.
At the moment I would struggle to buy one ticket at £25. I’ve had huge personal expenses this month. I anticipate the club may raise more than the £15,000 you propose from ticket sales though. We’ll have to wait and see what the final outcome is.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.

BarkingRambo
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by BarkingRambo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 pm

I might be able to push 150 quids worth but it's a lot of money to spend to potentially get nothing back at all. 500 quid is a good price I guess for the package but they want that as just the opening bid, that really does push it out of the way of the average Daggers fan.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm
Auntie Merge wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm
Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

I wonder who will bid the highest? Glenn Tamplin for manager anyone?
Merge how many tickets would you buy ? I said could afford a couple I may even buy 4 so that`s £100 just from me.
At the moment I would struggle to buy one ticket at £25. I’ve had huge personal expenses this month. I anticipate the club may raise more than the £15,000 you propose from ticket sales though. We’ll have to wait and see what the final outcome is.
How does the club making more from ticket sales than the amount suggested by newbie relate with the idea of still trying to maximise sales / monies generated from other avenues such as this?

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm
Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
Don`t know but the club have a couple of slot machines so they must know how to go about getting permission if needed.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm
Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
Don`t know but the club have a couple of slot machines so they must know how to go about getting permission if needed.
http://live-gamblecom.cloud.contensis.c ... -guide.pdf

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm
Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
Don`t know but the club have a couple of slot machines so they must know how to go about getting permission if needed.
http://live-gamblecom.cloud.contensis.c ... -guide.pdf
Heard through the grapevine there are going to be a raffle/raffles on the night ,you probably already know that so they must have permission to run them already.

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3070
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by ARNU » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am
Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.
I have some magic beans,give me £250 up front and I might give you them.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm

ARNU wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am
Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.

ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm

ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.
Let's stick £25 on the price of a season ticket and listen to the screaming.

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3070
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by ARNU » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm
ARNU wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am
Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.

ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.
Well I'd buy 20 for a fiver each, but 4 for a one-er is not so attractive. I could buy a shitty Nissan for a one-er lol
I have some magic beans,give me £250 up front and I might give you them.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Post by Daggernewbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 pm

ARNU wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Daggernewbie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm
ARNU wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm


Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.

ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.
Well I'd buy 20 for a fiver each, but 4 for a one-er is not so attractive. I could buy a shitty Nissan for a one-er lol
Fair enough ARNU

Post Reply