Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

I wonder who will bid the highest? Glenn Tamplin for manager anyone?
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

Merge how many tickets would you buy ? I said could afford a couple I may even buy 4 so that`s £100 just from me.
Daggernewbie

Just out of interest how many raffle tickets would you buy for the chance to manage Dagenham v West Ham at £25 ago.

Me 4 at the most so that`s £100
Auntie Merge

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm Seems like when the club wants to raise as much money as possible this could work quite well. Obviously I’m disappointed it’s not a raffle but the aim is to raise cash, not please me.

Merge how many tickets would you buy ? I said could afford a couple I may even buy 4 so that`s £100 just from me.
At the moment I would struggle to buy one ticket at £25. I’ve had huge personal expenses this month. I anticipate the club may raise more than the £15,000 you propose from ticket sales though. We’ll have to wait and see what the final outcome is.
Mike the Dagger

Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
BarkingRambo

I might be able to push 150 quids worth but it's a lot of money to spend to potentially get nothing back at all. 500 quid is a good price I guess for the package but they want that as just the opening bid, that really does push it out of the way of the average Daggers fan.
dagger4eva

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm

At the moment I would struggle to buy one ticket at £25. I’ve had huge personal expenses this month. I anticipate the club may raise more than the £15,000 you propose from ticket sales though. We’ll have to wait and see what the final outcome is.
How does the club making more from ticket sales than the amount suggested by newbie relate with the idea of still trying to maximise sales / monies generated from other avenues such as this?
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
Don`t know but the club have a couple of slot machines so they must know how to go about getting permission if needed.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm Don't raffles have to comply to gambling commission rules if they are for commercial purposes?

Just a thought.
Don`t know but the club have a couple of slot machines so they must know how to go about getting permission if needed.
http://live-gamblecom.cloud.contensis.c ... -guide.pdf
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Just a thought.
http://live-gamblecom.cloud.contensis.c ... -guide.pdf
Heard through the grapevine there are going to be a raffle/raffles on the night ,you probably already know that so they must have permission to run them already.
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
Be serious !! Who in their right mind is gonna waste £25 on a punt in a raffle/ auction for this ? You wouldn't get 600 people I doubt you'd get 60. With all the moaning and sniping about ticket prices it ain't gonna happen. See how many people throw even a fiver in the collection buckets. Yes it's a good cause but it should be a £5 raffle so everyone can take part not just the wealthy members of our support.

ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm
ARNU It`s a suggested price,I`m sure there be a lot of supporters who would pay that to save the club and if not they can put the fiver in the bucket like you would.
Let's stick £25 on the price of a season ticket and listen to the screaming.
ARNU

Well I'd buy 20 for a fiver each, but 4 for a one-er is not so attractive. I could buy a shitty Nissan for a one-er lol
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Well I'd buy 20 for a fiver each, but 4 for a one-er is not so attractive. I could buy a shitty Nissan for a one-er lol
Fair enough ARNU