Hall for hire

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

Just enquired to book the small hall for a 18th birthday but got refused as don't allow 18th party.
I can sort of understand with the trouble you could get but atm with our current state of affairs is be snapping up any extra revenue.
Another thing that's putting me off our once great club
but we finished 9th!
Daggernewbie

mickeyblue wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:07 pm Just enquired to book the small hall for a 18th birthday but got refused as don't allow 18th party.
I can sort of understand with the trouble you could get but atm with our current state of affairs is be snapping up any extra revenue.
Another thing that's putting me off our once great club
They may have thought it just all his/her mates try again and say it`s a family party that might get a different reply.
Alan

I bet it’s a policy borne from experience. I’d imagine that they’ve had too many parties like the ones I went to at that age where half the guests were drinking under age and a third spewed up.

And I bet every single one said “oh, that won’t hsppen at my party”.
NBDag

Most halls for hire don’t do 18th’s and you obviously haven’t been looking about for long if you was expecting them to take it. The thing that’s putting you off this club is probably some form of chip on your shoulder
mickeyblue

No idea how you got chip on shoulder from that but hey your entitled to your opinion.
Your right about 1 thing tho it was 1st place I rang. Second place took it straight away free of charge with guarantee of money behind the bar. No brainer there.
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

Well you’re bloody lucky then and I’d expect that if you phoned back in a year that might not still be the case at that venue. As Alan said, 18th’s are rife with underage drinkers, kids spewing up everywhere and usually things getting broken. Club maybe be looking for all the income they can get, but they won’t take income that carries a risk of fines and other extra bills. Same as almost every other church hall, community hall etc. out there.
RM1Dagger

I think that's a massive generalisation tbh. I'm sure there are instances of unruly misbehaviour but equally I'm sure many go off without incident and I bet plenty of venues cater no problem, particularly if there is 'adult' supervision. Lots of parties like this tend to be attended by parents, aunts, uncles etc. My eldest is 18 later this year and that would be the case (although I suspect he won't want a party).
Now the SE27 Dagger
mickeyblue

If you do you can have may and bakers for free on a Friday night or goals to 11 on any night.
We usually do party's indoors /garden but it might be a bit cold.
but we finished 9th!
RM1Dagger

I'll bear it in mind. Thank you.
Now the SE27 Dagger