Chester

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Couldn't be there as I'm in Paris winding up the French but it sounded exciting. Great comeback only 4 points off playoffs now. Now that would be something not to mention the windfall if we did it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Yes great result but lucky 3rd goal but it`s about time we had some luck and for once the ref had a great game so no complaints there.
Alan

Deserved 3 points. Like Adams, keeps looking for positive passes.
Newdaggersfan

Cheek with another great game, great link up and hold up play
Adrian

Really liked Adams. Won the ball a lot, got stuck in and always looked to go forward.
Robsinon really helps with winning the ball further up the pitch but a shame that he had a bit of a 'mare when it came to his passing today.

Howells did a pretty good job as well - got the ball away a lot and got forward well a few times.

Had to laugh at Cheek throwing the ball into the stand once we went ahead and the ref doing nothing about it. They're so rubbish at dealing with time-wasting.
Dagger85

Left it late in the end, Chester can feel hard done by, to come away with nothing today but as Daggernewbie mentioned, it’s about time we had a bit of luck!! Fejiri head and shoulders above every other player on that pitch, the only way Chester could stop him was hacking him down at every opportunity, he really has stepped up these past couple of weeks, prey that we can keep hold of him until the the summer.
Without knit picking after a much needed long over due 3pts at home, I’m really not sure what Daniel Sparks brings to the side, he went missing completely up until we found ourselves back in the game at 2-2, apart from the brace at home he scored a month or so ago, he has been completely invisible the rest of the time, John Still seems to fancy him though and it probably helps him that we don’t have a squad big enough to rotate underperforming players...

Well played today boys!! Up the Daggers...

Roll on Guisely
Lcbdagger

Dagger85 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 pm Left it late in the end, Chester can feel hard done by, to come away with nothing today but as Daggernewbie mentioned, it’s about time we had a bit of luck!! Fejiri head and shoulders above every other player on that pitch, the only way Chester could stop him was hacking him down at every opportunity, he really has stepped up these past couple of weeks, prey that we can keep hold of him until the the summer.
Without knit picking after a much needed long over due 3pts at home, I’m really not sure what Daniel Sparks brings to the side, he went missing completely up until we found ourselves back in the game at 2-2, apart from the brace at home he scored a month or so ago, he has been completely invisible the rest of the time, John Still seems to fancy him though and it probably helps him that we don’t have a squad big enough to rotate underperforming players...

Roll on Guisely
Agree on Sparkes in terms of recent performances but I'm a big fan... only options really without him are Howells further up but with no defensive cover (can't put Pennell back at left back) or Fejiri sticks out wide when he's done brilliantly up the middle recently.

Defensive troubles again and loads of luck with the win but thought it was well deserved today
Dagger85

That’s the problem ... no other candidates to play on that left hand side... from what the Torquay fans said after he left them in the summer (after winning their POTY), I was expecting to see a marauding winger who beat full backs with ease every Saturday, dissapointed we haven’t seen enough of that.

Jake Howells seems to have finally settled in at LB though, impressive again today... and Nunnie at right back to be fair to him, hardly put a foot wrong since he has filled in, in place of Sam Ling.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 pm
Dagger85 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 pm Left it late in the end, Chester can feel hard done by, to come away with nothing today but as Daggernewbie mentioned, it’s about time we had a bit of luck!! Fejiri head and shoulders above every other player on that pitch, the only way Chester could stop him was hacking him down at every opportunity, he really has stepped up these past couple of weeks, prey that we can keep hold of him until the the summer.

Roll on Guisely
Agree on Sparkes in terms of recent performances but I'm a big fan... only options really without him are Howells further up but with no defensive cover (can't put Pennell back at left back) or Fejiri sticks out wide when he's done brilliantly up the middle recently.

Defensive troubles again and loads of luck with the win but thought it was well deserved today
Fejiri hasn't been playing through the middle.
NorthEssexDagger

Another good performance from the lads, some poor passes at times but we still managed to get on the right end of the result (just). Let's make it 3 wins in a row on Saturday.
NorthEssexDagger

*2 wins in a row
DevonDagger

NorthEssexDagger wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:32 pm Another good performance from the lads, some poor passes at times but we still managed to get on the right end of the result (just). Let's make it 3 wins in a row on Saturday.
Absolutely. I can't get myself into a "let's go for the playoffs!" mindset with everything else that's happened/happening. However, with that said the taste for winning games will never go - we've got a few winnable games coming so let's do just that and see where it takes us.
RM1Dagger

We deserved it today. Could of been out of sight before they scored and then an off spell in the second half and I thought it was going to be (another) one those days but we battled back and got the bit of luck we deserved. I think the squad might be a bit thin for a playoff push but one never knows. Without the off field troubles I think we'd have comfortably made them like last season.
Now the SE27 Dagger
daggersjeff

Thought Kandi for Howell was a good substitution - made the difference running at a weary defence - I'm liking him more and more
BB-Dagger

daggersjeff wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm Thought Kandi for Howell was a good substitution - made the difference running at a weary defence - I'm liking him more and more
I thought Howel was doing ok and was surprised he went off, my choice would have been Sparks off and Kandi on...