Save the daggers - game v West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Good to see from West Ham
CheathDagger

Great idea by the club and well done to West Ham for agreeing to it and promoting it. Should raise quite a bit, you'd think at least a couple of months wages would be covered by the gate receipts alone.
Diggerthedog

Mods please pin this thread to the top.
admin
Site Admin

Done.
Diggerthedog

Thank You! Can everyone share on Facebook and retweet as much as possible any communication the club send out. Can all do our bit. Hopefully get a crowd above 2,500.
nomis

To be honest I'd expect far more than 2500 ! West Ham will sell out their allocation plus loads more West Ham supporters all around the ground . I'm gonna put my head on the block here by saying over 4000 ! The media are doing their bit as well. Steve Thompson was on TalkSPORT earlier stating our position and getting these plugs in will attract people who don't normally come. I know of 4 people who are coming who have never been to Victoria Road in their life .
nomis

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/925712694?-19161:3639

Just as I expected ! These tickets are selling like hot cakes
Dagger85

just spoke to a friend who visited the ticket office this afternoon to buy his seat for the WHU game, he was told that West Ham have now sold their entire allocation and so far 800 tickets have been sold in the Daggers end! We still have over 3 weeks until the game, this is looking to be a great turnout from both sets of supporters, very much on course to hit the 4K mark.. :thumbu:
Voice of reason

I just bought 2 in the Daggers section online - mainly because I suspect there may not be any left to pay on the gate
Last edited by Voice of reason on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloke down the pub

For the first time ever I have bought a ticket for a friendly game.Whether I go or not is another thing.
Daggernewbie

bloke down the pub wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:21 pm For the first time ever I have bought a ticket for a friendly game.Whether I go or not is another thing.
What and miss getting crushed unless you got seating.Brought mine today and I expect a loads more too and when I looked on the back shelf there where two stacks of envelopes containing tickets ( know this as someone got theirs from one stack )
DagenHammer87

Should hopefully be a good night out with a big crowd.

Bringing another 6 with me for the game and have told quite a few who I know that the game is going ahead. Hopefully that should bring another 8 or 9 in and probably another 4 fans who haven't been back in a while.

The club website probably doesn't get that many visits from people outside the club; so the only way we're going to do it is by spreading the word ourselves.

Hopefully it'll be a way to unite people a bit and try to bring back that sense of community we've been missing.

Wonder if the club will capitalise on the bigger numbers by giving a discount to people who come to the game (from both sides) a discount to a future home game while West Ham are away?!

Does anyone know the opening hours of the shop and whether we're able to collect online orders during the coming week?

By sounds of it the ticket office will be rammed come the day of the game!
BB-Dagger

Opening hours will most likely be increased in the week prior to the game, and if the shop/ticket office is open then you can collect your pre ordered tickets. I suggest checking the club website for opening times
daggersjeff

Any ideas how many tickets we've sold for this?
Diggerthedog

Around 4000. All seats gone now.