Season Ticket Prices...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

£8.65 a game my ST costs. That is cheap really.
The answer is to have a winning exciting team. When we last did that we averaged over 2000 home fans. Win 1 game in 11 people other than us die hards will not bother.
The anti racism day @£2.50 a head and 50p for kids didn't get many new fans the next home game after. Didn't help that we lost it again. Do the maths we need to charge more if anything, but if the footy is poor why would you pay more ? Viscous circle innit?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm
Adrian wrote:If we halved the prices we would not double the crowds.

If that doesn't happen then we lose money, so it isn't worth doing.
Sutton have done it and make the mo when up through more money made from extra sponsorships, merchandise and other sales like 50/50 etc.

The current way don't work either.

£200 X 500 = £100k

£100 X 100 = £100k

Add on the extra money from other avenues.
Obvious nit picking but 200 x 500 is £100k while 100 x 100 is £10k
hockley dagger

Mind you, even when we were playing really well in Autumn 2016 the gates didn't really pick up. I don't live in the area but my observation is that most of the people who live locally aren't interested. Maybe that's got something to do with the way that the population has changed and moved over the past 15 years or so? Mrs Hockley Dagger, who grew up in Dagenham, knows loads of people who live around here who she knew as a child in Dagenham in the 1960s and 70s but like her, now no longer have any connection with the borough. So the problem seems to be how do you attract the "new" population?
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm
Adrian wrote:If we halved the prices we would not double the crowds.

If that doesn't happen then we lose money, so it isn't worth doing.
Sutton have done it and make the mo when up through more money made from extra sponsorships, merchandise and other sales like 50/50 etc.

The current way don't work either.

£200 X 500 = £100k

£100 X 100 = £100k

Add on the extra money from other avenues.
What about the money we'd lose from people that currently pay on the gate for a handful of games and end up paying more than £100 a season?
If we did manage to sell twice as many season tickets the vast majority of those would be to people that are already buying tickets anyway, not to people that aren't coming.
Those people aren't going to significantly change the other stuff they spend money on.

Take a look at Woking. Sold 1800 season tickets, avg attendance is just over 2000.
That will have been boosted by Aldershit and Orient.
Their home attendance is nothing more than people with cheap season tickets a lot of who will be paying less than they did previously.
Diggerthedog

Like I said its worth a try.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:05 pm Like I said its worth a try.
If your determined to create a bigger hole in revenue then yes it is.
Diggerthedog

You've no proof what your saying is correct so jump of your high horse.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Big opportunity for the West Ham game . As somebody suggested offer their season ticket holders half price season tickets. We can put a flyer on every seat adverts all around the ground . There will be hopefully over 2k of them we can target. If we only get 10% of them thats an extra 200 . Surely nothing to lose .Also another 2k on our data base that we can target for future offers
lupins

That might have been me that said that but I would extend it to all the London clubs. Their average attendances are in the region of 300,000 total if only half of one per cent bought one at £50 that would be an additional £75K
hockley dagger

Quite a few clubs offer discounted match tickets to season ticket holders of other clubs. I follow Bradford Park Avenue on twitter (a mate is a fan) and they offered entry for a fiver to all sports club season ticket holders for a recent fixture (rugby league and union as well as football clubs). I do wonder if we're shooting ourselves in the foot with our away support prices. I saw some comment from Chester fans about £12 for a junior ticket, which is pretty outrageous for the National League. Maybe we'd get more away fas if we let them use the corner of the sieve and give them the option of standing?
BB-Dagger

So how many people have friends with season tickets at premier league clubs? I know of six so instead of me paying £200 I ask them to buy one at (for instance £50) then I give them the money and they give it to me thus screwing the club out of £150!
I wouldn’t do this but I dare say there are some who would, then you have other loyal supporters who will be over the moon to see fans of other teams getting a season ticket 75% less than they are paying, this idea has “recipe for disaster” written all over it.

Just my opinion
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm You've no proof what your saying is correct so jump of your high horse.
It doesn't need proof.
It just needs a little bit of logic and common sense.

You have no prof of anything that you've said about additional revenue either.
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog you mention merchandise would love to buy some stuff as would other supporters but what have they to offer got the shirt/cup ,scarf etc. so there`s nothing else for me to buy.How about decent winter coats,sports bags,umbrellas, beer glasses etc and thermals I know many won`t see them but they help keep you warm.
Dagger42

Are people still boycotting merchandise with new logo when club needs funds.
Daggernewbie

Dagger42 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:06 pm Are people still boycotting merchandise with new logo when club needs funds.
There`s nothing new to buy still the same old stuff that everyone`s got.