Full membership

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Is now the time to re-open the opportunity to get on board as a full member??

Im not 100% sure but think its £100 per year to become a full member. If there was even just 100 new potential full members out there, thats an instant and easy £10,000 to the club kitty.

What is there to lose?
Chigwellian

Possibly thommos job
Kevin

dagger4eva wrote:Is now the time to re-open the opportunity to get on board as a full member??

Im not 100% sure but think its £100 per year to become a full member. If there was even just 100 new potential full members out there, thats an instant and easy £10,000 to the club kitty.

What is there to lose?
I didn't think this is now possible due to the share-ownership of the Ltd company - i.e we are now no longer a Members club?
Mike the Dagger

The Members still own 26% of the club and have a rep on the board (Simmo).
dagger4eva

Exactly.

Whilst any new influx of full members wouldnt add any extra influence (26% share remains) it has to be a positive for that 26% to be made up of as many true, keen supporters as possible.

With no disrespect intended, the current average age of full members is probably somewhere around the 70 mark.

This is a no brainer imo
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Exactly.

Whilst any new influx of full members wouldnt add any extra influence (26% share remains) it has to be a positive for that 26% to be made up of as many true, keen supporters as possible.

With no disrespect intended, the current average age of full members is probably somewhere around the 70 mark.

This is a no brainer imo
As I understand it, it is now up to the Full Members to reopen membership. They had a meeting yesterday, maybe we will hear from that.
rebeldagger

Perhaps I've missed something, yet I'm surprised I haven't see more from the supporter's club advocating for more members.
RayleighDagger1986

I thought the supporters club and the full members are two separate bodies.
Alan

Problem for attracting full members is what do people get for £100 per annum that they can’t get for free?
hockley dagger

Alan makes a good point. Me and my old mate Sussex Dagger were talking about his last year, before all the Tamplin/Hopkin furore, were keen to investigate joining but didn't know what the benefits are. I assume you get to use the car park on match days and will get voting rights, now diluted to 24% of the shares I guess. It would be good to know how much membership costs and what rights (and responsibilities) members enjoy.

As an aside I've got a cricket membership at Essex. Essentially it's a season ticket for most games and gets you discounts for T20 matches. You get low cost car parking (£1 a day) and voting rights - so the Committee (the board in our terms) are elected by the members. But the benefits of being a member are made very clear and are freely available on the club website.
Daggernewbie

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm I thought the supporters club and the full members are two separate bodies.
Yes you are correct we are separate bodies