Save the daggers - game v West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

NBDag

Good idea. Well done the club and West Ham. Good to see a premier league club giving a shit about non-league football for a change
Diggerthedog

Bucket collection at same game?
Could west Ham donate match shirts for auction?
dagger4eva

A fantastic idea from us - even more fantastic for WHU to oblige.

Hopefully, despite the game seemingly being segregated (why?) - I truly hope the ground and clubhouse is bursting at the seems and we're able to make up some of the shortfall left to us from Mr. Wescrewanyclub.com
RampantDuke

Excellent gesture by West Ham and not be be knocked but I do wonder if Premier League Clubs could donate all of the fines they dish out to players for yellow cards, bad behaviour, sending off etc. to non league clubs like ours that are in trouble. At the current rate we would get a couple of hundred grand in a week which would eclipse the £25K profit that this game might make. We would probably get that off West Brom alone......just a thought.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

Anyone that comes to that game get half price entry at the next league game?
dagger4eva

Yep any gimmick that can make extra dosh has to be gone for.

Raffle is a must!

How about also;
Assume we'll produce a small programme for the game - print a 'lucky number' on the back of each one.

You then do a draw at half time where the bearer of that programme gets to meet the west ham players after the game at some stage to get autographs, pictures or whatever. That might help boost the sales up somewhat
BB-Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Yep any gimmick that can make extra dosh has to be gone for.

Raffle is a must!

How about also;
Assume we'll produce a small programme for the game - print a 'lucky number' on the back of each one.

You then do a draw at half time where the bearer of that programme gets to meet the west ham players after the game at some stage to get autographs, pictures or whatever. That might help boost the sales up somewhat
Surely give the winner a choice of teams to meet, I sure as f#<k wouldn’t want to meet the west spam lot although I do appreciate any gesture a premier team makes to ease our plight
dagger4eva

Well quite, but it may encourage more WHU fans to buy if they had the opportunity
DI Mike Dashwood

I think this is a great idea and great thing for West Ham to do. People will say it's least they can do or question their motives for doing it, but at the end of the day they don't have to do it, but they are. This could raise a significant amount of cash, raise awareness of the situation and attract back some fans in the future.

I really hope we refrain from people slagging off West Ham on here in whatever form and pissing off any potential attendees who happen to pop on here. Premier League football doesn't interest me, but while I get rivalries between clubs (Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc) this is about West Ham helping us out. May also be nice if local people who follow other big clubs come along and support the occasion as well?? For one evening people can put aside their normal rivalries to help us.

It's already being discussed on the West Ham forums and getting a very positive response.

Also something else interesting to note. I have been given a freebie in the nice seats at the London Stadium a few times in last two years, and on more than one occasion a certain Mr B Fry has been sat with Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan in the very posh seats!!! Wonder if he has had a word as well after the recent conversations we have seen on Twitter!!!
Dagger83

I'm really not a fan of WHU but fair play to them, a great gesture. No idea how much it'll actually raise but it's got to be a fair old sum.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Voice of reason

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I think this is a great idea and great thing for West Ham to do. People will say it's least they can do or question their motives for doing it, but at the end of the day they don't have to do it, but they are. This could raise a significant amount of cash, raise awareness of the situation and attract back some fans in the future.

I really hope we refrain from people slagging off West Ham on here in whatever form and pissing off any potential attendees who happen to pop on here. Premier League football doesn't interest me, but while I get rivalries between clubs (Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc) this is about West Ham helping us out. May also be nice if local people who follow other big clubs come along and support the occasion as well?? For one evening people can put aside their normal rivalries to help us.

It's already being discussed on the West Ham forums and getting a very positive response.

Also something else interesting to note. I have been given a freebie in the nice seats at the London Stadium a few times in last two years, and on more than one occasion a certain Mr B Fry has been sat with Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan in the very posh seats!!! Wonder if he has had a word as well after the recent conversations we have seen on Twitter!!!
Very well said
dagger4eva

Well said Mike. Funny enough id had a look at their forum and some really decent comments made already!

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171096

No reason if plugged hard enough we cant get this game sold out!
ARNU

Always been a club supportive of the lower league locals. My affiliation with WHU goes back 45 years and been an st holder there too. I don't think WHU fans see us as a rival club more like a little brother. Same can be said for Orient and Southend. West Ham historically had close links with its neighbours. Hope we can get 4000 in like we did a few years back. This is a great gesture.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Well done Hammers club and all fan's who come down, nice gesture and shore it will get a fair few, really hope they can field a strong first choice side (more fan's would want to come) and certainly our board should look into adding 'add on prizes' during the night. You know there's a few who travel away with us to sometimes far corners of this country regularly, Saturday. Sunday or midweek when WHU have no game, so always been a nice infinity towards us. With all the top money running into the top flights modern day, good to see old school traditions are still alive when desperation kicks in.