Poll

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Should Auntie Merge give up the moderator role?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 54
Dagenham92

I think the Forum has run its turn under its current guise, I personally would rather not have a forum than have one run by someone dictator like who deletes and berates anyone who doesn’t agree with their opinion.

A poll, but one which I feel will be deleted before it’s started.
Dagger83

Sorry but if you don't like the way it gets moderated, don't use the forum. I'm not a fan of the heavy handed approach but this isn't fair.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mark

Fwiw I am also a moderator. I haven't done too much lately due to other commitments but have done some.

Some of the stuff posted on here lately has been out of line. Some posts needed to be edited as they were libellous, such as crude comments about Glyn's personal life.

I'm not a huge fan of stopping people having their say but it's easy when you aren't the one being told lawyers may be in touch. Policing this place is a side effort on top of having an actual job, so it simply isn't worth the hassle to carefully consider the merits of each post.

This poll is out of line imo.
ARNU

I actually like auntie Merge even though she banned me lol! I think she realises I'm a bit of a wind up. But .....
This current mess is too close to her heart and I don't think she sits out as much as a moderator should. We've seen the email stuff and the blatant sucking up to Glynn Hopkins and a history of clearly disliking Thompson and all the other dramatics So unfortunately she cannot and is not neutral. That's not to say she doesn't care or want what's best. But censoring something just because you don't like it is wrong.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I actually like auntie Merge even though she banned me lol! I think she realises I'm a bit of a wind up. But .....
This current mess is too close to her heart and I don't think she sits out as much as a moderator should. We've seen the email stuff and the blatant sucking up to Glynn Hopkins and a history of clearly disliking Thompson and all the other dramatics So unfortunately she cannot and is not neutral. That's not to say she doesn't care or want what's best. But censoring something just because you don't like it is wrong.
I’d say that’s spot on Arnu.
rebeldagger

I'd like to think the forum is only being moderated on the basis of legality.

Yet I don't think some people seem to understand that.
Voice of reason

Mark wrote:Fwiw I am also a moderator. I haven't done too much lately due to other commitments but have done some.

Some of the stuff posted on here lately has been out of line. Some posts needed to be edited as they were libellous, such as crude comments about Glyn's personal life.

I'm not a huge fan of stopping people having their say but it's easy when you aren't the one being told lawyers may be in touch. Policing this place is a side effort on top of having an actual job, so it simply isn't worth the hassle to carefully consider the merits of each post.

This poll is out of line imo.
Well said
Gravy

****** any lawyers they can't do anything for someone having an opinion. As long as none of It is sexist,racist or homophobic. Why are people kissing his arse and sticking up for his business saying things like he's a local businessman and anything said on here can affect his business ****** he's business what about how he has affected DRFC. Not one person is bigger than this club anyone can be replaced.
rebeldagger

Gravy wrote:**** any lawyers they can't do anything for someone having an opinion. As long as none of It is sexist,racist or homophobic. Why are people kissing his arse and sticking up for his business saying things like he's a local businessman and anything said on here can affect his business **** he's business what about how he has affected DRFC. Not one person is bigger than this club anyone can be replaced.
That simply is not true.

https://www.ft.com/content/374299f0-295 ... d2e1c81cca

Have a quick glance of the article, in particular the paragraph on Blackpool FC.
Phippo

I imagine it's a pretty thankless task. Wonder how long the queue is to replace Auntie Merge?
Gravy

Bore off
Grimsweeper

yeah Phippo.

way to measured and considered.
stanton101

Personally the way in which the hate campaign was directed towards Tamplin ( be he an egotistical maniac, or not ) was unfair.
There were times when the blatant arse licking towards the god that the Hopkin was at times quite sickening.
It now transpires that the love in between the club and Hopkin has ended and we find ourselves deep in the brown stuff.
Sorry but, times up.
Voice of reason

Phippo wrote:I imagine it's a pretty thankless task. Wonder how long the queue is to replace Auntie Merge?
Spot on
rebeldagger

Gravy wrote:Bore off
Apologies, if you want to get yourself embroiled in a civil libel lawsuit that could cost £20k plus go right ahead. Just don't drag our club into it.