Opinion piece

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TomMc

Good article Mike
ThatRoundThing

In the main a good article to condense recent events in one place. Having read threads and opions on blame etc. I think you are being harsh describing Glyn as a used car salesman, he built up a Main Dealership empire selling, leasing and servicing of in the main well respected brands of new viechles. Selling of used cars is a by product of a main dealership.
As mentioned by others on various threads if he really wanted to get rid of the flags he could have issued a final ultimatum to those concerned that he would seriously pull away from the club which would lose further funding.

Tamplin I think is gradually going to get Billericay Town into a mess. Their attendances are falling at an alarming rate, the media circus and interest that painted him a local hero and is now turning on him with accusations of bullying players into leaving or accepting lower wage contracts, and police investigations ongoing. His biggest hyped up signing left a few months ago. He displays his arrogance and bullying on Social Media and the local people of Billericay are walking away perhaps not wanting themselves or their kids associated with his “type”. I firmly believe all that has happened at Billericay would have by now started at Dagenham.

Steve Thompson, I don’t like him as a person but admire the fact he was at the helm along with a good board and back room staff which saw the club rise up the Leagues. I think he was out of his depth in League One and should have sought media and marketing help whilst the club had money. I think players salaries demanded in League One football took him by surprise which our income couldn’t cope with. If we are lucky we will end up at a level of Southport or Stockport. Worse scenario an AFC club if the council allowed and didn’t think that would be the right time to reclaim the stadium for other uses.

Whilst I allocate praise to the M.D. I think praise must go to the Supporters Club who for a long time with the two Russell’s were there helping the football club through financial depressions on the journey up the Leagues.I think most people would be surprised at just how much money has gone into the football club over the seasons raised by supporters. He has balance sheets going back years and would be able to answer that question.

I am a football fan and “attached” myself to Dagenham only 9 years ago when moving into the Thurrock area. I wanted to follow a team not to far away from my new home. Tried Grays but they were already in trouble, never liked Southend, so Dagenham was my choice. Dagenham is a business so it should have to fight it’s own problems and find it’s own level which is why I won’t give money to any fundraising. It only plugs holes very short term and disappears extremely quickly.
Voice of reason

Good piece and reasoned response
steeevooo

On the whole a good article, but I note the phrase:

"Predictably, those responsible for the flags, and for the majority of the attacks on Steve Thompson also referenced above, have rubbished this, and pretty much put the entire blame for any issues back on Steve Thompson and the rest of the board once again."

To my knowledge (and I'm willing to be proven wrong), those responsible for the flags have made no comment whatsoever since the news of Glyn Hopkins departure?
SUSSEX DAGGER

EDITED
As stated elsewhere this anti MD feeling was present long before the Club went up for sale. When i was calling for Unity then i was shouted down. Thats when all this financial mess started the incumbent Manager at the time had his budget restraints season on season in real terms and probably might have done a whole lot better if he had been given the resources that have been spunked over the past 18 months
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

steeevooo wrote:On the whole a good article, but I note the phrase:

"Predictably, those responsible for the flags, and for the majority of the attacks on Steve Thompson also referenced above, have rubbished this, and pretty much put the entire blame for any issues back on Steve Thompson and the rest of the board once again."

To my knowledge (and I'm willing to be proven wrong), those responsible for the flags have made no comment whatsoever since the news of Glyn Hopkins departure?
Apologies Steve. I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind the continued pig headedness of the flag owners in taking them to games when it had been made clear that they were an issue.

Is one of the flags yours by any chance?
ThatRoundThing

Mike the Dagger wrote:
steeevooo wrote:On the whole a good article, but I note the phrase:

Apologies Steve. I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind the continued pig headedness of the flag owners in taking them to games when it had been made clear that they were an issue.

Is one of the flags yours by any chance?
Mike the Dagger, as someone who comes across as “in the know” and has his foot in the door as far as club matters have been concerned, you are giving me the impression that you are now completely cocooned in knowing just a few fans in your own circle.

In the past you came across as a Tamplin advocate but now seem to be “pissin in the wind “ in your quest to find the owners of the flags that you have convinced yourself are the sole cause of the club’s demise.
I think you are now so far removed from the club’s current fan base and so tunnel visioned that I will now find it hard to take any of your future postings in any sort of credibility.

So from your recent posts, excluding the need for either Tamplin or Hopkin was the M.D. and the board , in the past 18 months, handling the club’s finances in the best interests of the club? I think the question answers itself.
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Mike the Dagger, as someone who comes across as “in the know” and has his foot in the door as far as club matters have been concerned, you are giving me the impression that you are now completely cocooned in knowing just a few fans in your own circle.

In the past you came across as a Tamplin advocate but now seem to be “pissin in the wind “ in your quest to find the owners of the flags that you have convinced yourself are the sole cause of the club’s demise.
I think you are now so far removed from the club’s current fan base and so tunnel visioned that I will now find it hard to take any of your future postings in any sort of credibility.

So from your recent posts, excluding the need for either Tamplin or Hopkin was the M.D. and the board , in the past 18 months, handling the club’s finances in the best interests of the club? I think the question answers itself.
Nope you lost me somewhere in there. What is it you want to know?
ThatRoundThing

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:

Nope you lost me somewhere in there. What is it you want to know?

A question normally ends with a question mark, let me know if you are still struggling.
Mike the Dagger

Right... I think I'm with you now. I got lost somewhere in the rest of the drivel.

Does "This is unforgivable and once this issue is resolved one way or another, the board need to consider their positions" cover it?
Diggerthedog

Did Thompson check that before you posted it? Just kidding, decent summary.
dagger4eva

Mike - im slightly concerned the link to your 'opinion piece' is now re-directing to a different article and your piece has been taken down.

Is this more of the North Korean regime in action once again???

FYI I happend to think it was a very fair and balanced piece and unless something included in it was libellous have absolutely no idea why it shouldnt stay up....
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Mike - im slightly concerned the link to your 'opinion piece' is now re-directing to a different article and your piece has been taken down.

FYI I happend to think it was a very fair and balanced piece and unless something included in it was libellous have absolutely no idea why it shouldnt stay up....

Merge is on the charge.

Even stuff marked ‘opinion piece’ is banned now. If the club is North Korea, this place is Mao’s China.
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Mike - im slightly concerned the link to your 'opinion piece' is now re-directing to a different article and your piece has been taken down.

Merge is on the charge.

Even stuff marked ‘opinion piece’ is banned now. If the club is North Korea, this place is Mao’s China.
Are you suggesting that she has hacked Mikes site and changed his article?

I'd take a punt that Mike has been asked to remove it while stuff keeps going, and being someone that has generally shown themselves to be a little smarter and reasoned than a lot of posters in here he's taken it down to avoid causing the club more problems.

Meanwhile, others work on healing the rift between the club and supporters by going on about the pathetic North Korea thing.