Team v Aldershot

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Auntie Merge in goal
Thommo
The bloke who sells the fifty fifty tickets by the calling turnstile.
Me ( although borehamwood need a program seller )
Jake Howells
My auntie lily ( she's 88 and takes corners better than Corey)
Diggerthedog the mascot
Diggerthedog forum member
Stacy Solomon
Darren currie
Patrick from eastenders
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

I'm not a goalie, never have been.

My position was wide on the right. I was a little right winger. I could run fast and get to the ball first, when one on one.
I didn't know what to do with the ball when I got there, but I'd always get there first.

Please don't play me out of position.
DI Mike Dashwood

At last, some famous Dagenham humour of yesteryear. That's a bit more like it.

I am gutted, everyone on here is gutted, I am sure Stilly and the players are gutted and dare I say it, Thommo and DTP will be gutted. BUT life goes on. Pick yourself up and dust yourselves down and get there Saturday and remind yourselves why you go every week. Because it's meant to be fun, not because you thought you were going to see the best players in the World.

Anyway, should any of the Management Team step down or leave where do I apply to take their place?? Sitting almost right behind the dugout I have a good idea of how it all works, so should work out fine.
Last edited by DI Mike Dashwood on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lcbdagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I'm not a goalie, never have been.

My position was wide on the right. I was a little right winger. I could run fast and get to the ball first, when one on one.
I didn't know what to do with the ball when I got there, but I'd always get there first.

Please don't play me out of position.
If we're still playing Jake Howells at left back even in this team Merge then in goal you go... playing out of position is no excuse :grin:
Mark

Maybe if we stretched all the flags over the goal it would help keep the ball out.
RayleighDagger1986

Just stick Digger in goal
Mike the Dagger

Where is Hogan these days?
Mark

Hogan had to retire from not playing football due to injury to his burger eating arm.
A S dagger97

Mark wrote:Hogan had to retire from not playing football due to injury to his burger eating arm.
How about that Miles?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Chigwellian

Mark wrote:Maybe if we stretched all the flags over the goal it would help keep the ball out.
Mustn’t mention flags
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:Auntie Merge in goal
Thommo
The bloke who sells the fifty fifty tickets by the calling turnstile.
Me ( although borehamwood need a program seller )
Jake Howells
My auntie lily ( she's 88 and takes corners better than Corey)
Diggerthedog the mascot
Diggerthedog forum member
Stacy Solomon
Darren currie
Patrick from eastenders
Not sure about putting Thommo at the back. He scores too many own goals......
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Mark

Our supporters team were great at own goals perhaps we should be on the board of afc dagenham for sake of continuity.
durnzo

Get kevin mitchell in the middle of the park as a bit of an enforcer, and the "statue" of bobby moore by the a13 on gale street to play at the back. Can't do any worse!!!
durnzo

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:At last, some famous Dagenham humour of yesteryear. That's a bit more like it.

I am gutted, everyone on here is gutted, I am sure Stilly and the players are gutted and dare I say it, Thommo and DTP will be gutted. BUT life goes on. Pick yourself up and dust yourselves down and get there Saturday and remind yourselves why you go every week. Because it's meant to be fun, not because you thought you were going to see the best players in the World.

Anyway, should any of the Management Team step down or leave where do I apply to take their place?? Sitting almost right behind the dugout I have a good idea of how it all works, so should work out fine.
Very well said.
ARNU

Oh bollocks! Auntie lily has got a blood test at queens so can't play Saturday after all. We're farked!!
Hopefully they can move it forward or we'll have to play the 50/50 bloke up top and bring in the bloke from the pie and mash shop and put him out on the left. A bit out of position but we're just a pub team innit !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !