Scott Doe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

If Doe has personal issues then fine.

But that statement is a joke. To the point it’s not even a statement - it’s just a ramble from Still. Maybe Doe’s leaving, maybe he’s left or maybe he’s retiring - who knows? It’s not good enough.

Even little things like this highlight the incompetence and amateurish nature in which the club presents itself. It’s stuff like this that annoys me because it’s not hard to get right.
Diggerthedog

Do we have someone currently on work experience.

Good luck Scott, hope he issues you've got get sorted.
dagger4eva

Must admit, I read that 'statement' and at the end really was none the wiser.

Whatever it means, I wish Scott well. Always served the club fantastically and will certainly go down in my eyes as a true Dagger!
Blackie645

Will sign for Woking in the next few days
DevonDagger

NickMurphy wrote:If Doe has personal issues then fine.

But that statement is a joke. To the point it’s not even a statement - it’s just a ramble from Still. Maybe Doe’s leaving, maybe he’s left or maybe he’s retiring - who knows? It’s not good enough.

Even little things like this highlight the incompetence and amateurish nature in which the club presents itself. It’s stuff like this that annoys me because it’s not hard to get right.
The heading alone that it's a 'club statement' isn't really appropriate imo. Just calling it 'Scott Doe' alone would have been fine.

That said, I think we need to remind ourselves that I've seen people here criticise the club for not communicating. There was rumours about Doe having stormed out on that, which I think originated on here? In response, Stilly has come out and stated that at very least, important elements of said rumour are untrue. It may not be the full story, but given it's being put down to personal - are we entitled to those?

It is indeed also a bit of a ramble, but it appears to be a simple quoted interview rather than a statement (see first line of my post). If Doey had already contractually left then he would have said so. It sounds like the situation is pretty fluid. One minute Doey is having some issues and the next he's not - for all we knows this could change again. However on face value, any such change doesn't seem likely to involve playing for us again, which is really sad as one of our longest standing players.

If the posting is to be taken fully on face value, with recent form out of the window, Doe is a good player and I would be saddened further than him simply leaving the club, but to see him pack it in altogether - I hope whatever the issues he has going on are resolved for his sake.
DaggerJoel11

Don't think I've ever been so confused by a club statement, the purpose of which is to clarify things. Either way it leaves us with 2 registered centre backs.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RM1Dagger

Eh? So, although it's nothing to do with football he's probably going to leave and play somewhere else? That's how I read it. Go figure..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

Maybe he needs to move to a different area for non football reasons? The wording is bad for a statement but at least the club have tried to dispel the rumour about an argument.
Coydagger

No loss from a football perspective. A series of abject performances all season.
DI Mike Dashwood

I am often the first to defend the club, but in this case I am more confused now than I was before.

If I didn't think Doe and Still had suffered a fallout then I do now!!! Looks like this has been put out to convince everyone that there wasn't a fallout!!!

Oh, and I have a very upset seven year old daughter tonight not wanting to go again now her hero Scott Doe won't be playing anymore. He had taken over from Paul Benson in the summer as her favourite as well!!!
RayleighDagger1986

This is going from bad to worse.
What next....
Auntie Merge

Sad to see Scott Doe leave.
I have it on good authority it is as the garbled press release states. He needs to move on for personal reasons.
ARNU

The last of a generation. Good luck to him !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !