FANS FORUM

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

FANS FORUM

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Saw a comment (I believe from Sussex Dagger) on the Daggers FB page that a fans forum I believe is urgently required. I think this is bang on!

Thompson managed to word a statement that blamed almost entirely the fans for Glyn pulling out, before pleading with those exact same people to rally round.

It may well get heated and confrontational BUT I think a number of people have stuff to get off their chests and clear the air as much as is possible.

Despite the perilous situation the club finds itself (again) - I don't think there's a hope in hells chance of everyone pulling in the same direction until this happens.

Over to you, Steve!

Coydagger
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Coydagger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

dagger4eva wrote:Saw a comment (I believe from Sussex Dagger) on the Daggers FB page that a fans forum I believe is urgently required. I think this is bang on!

Thompson managed to word a statement that blamed almost entirely the fans for Glyn pulling out, before pleading with those exact same people to rally round.

It may well get heated and confrontational BUT I think a number of people have stuff to get off their chests and clear the air as much as is possible.

Despite the perilous situation the club finds itself (again) - I don't think there's a hope in hells chance of everyone pulling in the same direction until this happens.

Over to you, Steve!
Good point but was is the point? You'll only get a large period of everyone's time taken up by a back and forth argument about flags. At the last forum, it was embarrassing quite frankly.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm

dagger4eva wrote:Saw a comment (I believe from Sussex Dagger) on the Daggers FB page that a fans forum I believe is urgently required. I think this is bang on!

Thompson managed to word a statement that blamed almost entirely the fans for Glyn pulling out, before pleading with those exact same people to rally round.

It may well get heated and confrontational BUT I think a number of people have stuff to get off their chests and clear the air as much as is possible.

Despite the perilous situation the club finds itself (again) - I don't think there's a hope in hells chance of everyone pulling in the same direction until this happens.

Over to you, Steve!
You might not like it or believe it but i am reliably informed the reason Hopkin gave for shafting the club is as stated in the Club statement.

I agree that restating it as it was done makes it harder to circle the wagons as we should be doing now t see he club survive, but we are where we are.

We should probably be having a fans forum very soon, but if it just to recycle the same old stuff, what is the point?

IanC
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Emerson Park

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by IanC » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Saw a comment (I believe from Sussex Dagger) on the Daggers FB page that a fans forum I believe is urgently required. I think this is bang on!

Thompson managed to word a statement that blamed almost entirely the fans for Glyn pulling out, before pleading with those exact same people to rally round.

It may well get heated and confrontational BUT I think a number of people have stuff to get off their chests and clear the air as much as is possible.

Despite the perilous situation the club finds itself (again) - I don't think there's a hope in hells chance of everyone pulling in the same direction until this happens.

Over to you, Steve!
You might not like it or believe it but i am reliably informed the reason Hopkin gave for shafting the club is as stated in the Club statement.

I agree that restating it as it was done makes it harder to circle the wagons as we should be doing now t see he club survive, but we are where we are.

We should probably be having a fans forum very soon, but if it just to recycle the same old stuff, what is the point?
Wow its amazing how the rumours go round and round and we all get snippets and hear all different versions.The version ive heard is that statement is a load of cobblers,and his problems are much closer to home.One thing you can always guarantee with our club,same as The Arsenal,there will be a great big wall of silence and the supporters will be just kept hanging as always.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 pm

IanC wrote:
Wow its amazing how the rumours go round and round and we all get snippets and hear all different versions.The version ive heard is that statement is a load of cobblers,and his problems are much closer to home.One thing you can always guarantee with our club,same as The Arsenal,there will be a great big wall of silence and the supporters will be just kept hanging as always.
L
I get that a lot of people dont believe it is the reason Hopkin pulled out. Indeed I am one of them. However I am assured it is the reason he gave for it.

If your information comes from the supporters club, they have stated that they haven't spoken directly to Hopkin in three months, so how would they have a clue about what he was thinking?

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Amazing that Hopkin turned up in every away pub the hardcore regular away crowd was always in. Could it be possibly that he had some peoples numbers......

It's so obvious it's not flags and a non existent campaign against the MC. Whatever it is we as fans need to move it forward as the MC don't know how to do this. He has after all known this for months but nothing done.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:Amazing that Hopkin turned up in every away pub the hardcore regular away crowd was always in. Could it be possibly that he had some peoples numbers......

It's so obvious it's not flags and a non existent campaign against the MC. Whatever it is we as fans need to move it forward as the MC don't know how to do this. He has after all known this for months but nothing done.
I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a different story regarding why Hopkin pulled out from the horses mouth.

As far as I am aware the last time he was sighted anywhere near a Daggers game was when he was ambushed with the famous email.

User avatar
Auntie Merge
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Auntie Merge » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Amazing that Hopkin turned up in every away pub the hardcore regular away crowd was always in. Could it be possibly that he had some peoples numbers......

It's so obvious it's not flags and a non existent campaign against the MC. Whatever it is we as fans need to move it forward as the MC don't know how to do this. He has after all known this for months but nothing done.
I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a different story regarding why Hopkin pulled out from the horses mouth.

As far as I am aware the last time he was sighted anywhere near a Daggers game was when he was ambushed with the famous email.
He spoke to me after the Macclesfield game and the conversation was very much like what has been stated In the Club Statement. That was the last time he was at the club I believe. I will be happy to discuss what was said in person at the game on Saturday, but I’m not happy about posting it on a public forum.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm

This assurance is presumably coming from what is probably Steve's biggest ally - Mr. Bennett.

Another of the chumps to come out of the previous takeover affair with Tamplin reeking of shiitee!

Regardless, this all detracts from the point that we are again up crap creek without a paddle, with a board of directors that have about as much financial nous and ambition as the teletubbies - all led by one man, who has run the club absolutely into the ground, time after time after time. Pissing off staff members, supporters, volunteers, frankly anyone who ever dared step into his path


Yes we could raise a few grand if we wanted - it wouldnt really plug any gap whatsoever but we'd still be left with Tinky Winky & Co. at the helm

For the club to succeed. For the club to move forward. For the dis-unity to truly end - Thompson needs to give up the reigns, and retire with just an ounce of dignity in tact!
Last edited by dagger4eva on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanC
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Emerson Park

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by IanC » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
IanC wrote:
Wow its amazing how the rumours go round and round and we all get snippets and hear all different versions.The version ive heard is that statement is a load of cobblers,and his problems are much closer to home.One thing you can always guarantee with our club,same as The Arsenal,there will be a great big wall of silence and the supporters will be just kept hanging as always.
L
I get that a lot of people dont believe it is the reason Hopkin pulled out. Indeed I am one of them. However I am assured it is the reason he gave for it.

If your information comes from the supporters club, they have stated that they haven't spoken directly to Hopkin in three months, so how would they have a clue about what he was thinking?
No mate my info doesn't come from the SC,i have nothing to do with them apart from always paying for my 50/50 and goalden goal tickets.Which reminds me ive got to get a nifty off them on Saturday,(thanks to the moors).
But like I said will we ever be told,i dare say what auntie was told is only what they want you to hear,and smoke and screen come to mind!

IanC
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Emerson Park

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by IanC » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Have to agree with me ol mucker D4E we do need some fresh blood now,when the same people are still in charge of the same old problems,surely change is needed.And in fairness for their own sanity,surely they themselves have had a enough trying to fix the same ol same ol.

The Romford Dagger
Posts: 1156
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 am

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by The Romford Dagger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Amazing that Hopkin turned up in every away pub the hardcore regular away crowd was always in. Could it be possibly that he had some peoples numbers......

It's so obvious it's not flags and a non existent campaign against the MC. Whatever it is we as fans need to move it forward as the MC don't know how to do this. He has after all known this for months but nothing done.
I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a different story regarding why Hopkin pulled out from the horses mouth.

As far as I am aware the last time he was sighted anywhere near a Daggers game was when he was ambushed with the famous email.
He spoke to me after the Macclesfield game and the conversation was very much like what has been stated In the Club Statement. That was the last time he was at the club I believe. I will be happy to discuss what was said in person at the game on Saturday, but I’m not happy about posting it on a public forum.
If he’s left because of a few flags, that’s genuinely the most pathetic reason I’ve ever heard.

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Dagger83 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm

It's not just some flags though, is it? There are racial undertones of one of them at least and if you're uncomfortable being associated with a set of fans displaying it every week, you might decide it's not the place for you. Couple that with some of the noises coming from the fans about the board, I can see why he may wish to pull the plug.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet there's more to it than has been mentioned but I can see why he's thought "why bother".
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Adrian
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Dagger83 wrote:It's not just some flags though, is it? There are racial undertones of one of them at least and if you're uncomfortable being associated with a set of fans displaying it every week, you might decide it's not the place for you. Couple that with some of the noises coming from the fans about the board, I can see why he may wish to pull the plug.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet there's more to it than has been mentioned but I can see why he's thought "why bother".
The phrase I'd use is "straw that broke the camel's back". If there are a few things going on and you're doubting if it's a good idea to keep bothering then things like being having pieces of paper thrust at you unexpectedly and the childish reaction to the banning of the flags definitely aren't going to to convince you to keep going.

It's frankly amazing that some people really can't see that the actions of a few of our supporters have had a negative impact and will have influenced his decision.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: FANS FORUM

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Those are the excuses not the actual reasons.

Post Reply