Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggerChris

Think this shows 1 of two things,

1) Either Glyn was never really serious and didnt realise what a mess we were in until fully took over and was looking for an easy way out.

2) The Flags and campaign to get Thommo out of the club have basically screwed the club over. Think people may need to take a long look at themselves if this is the case as they have seriously put the future of the club in jeopardy.
Last edited by daggerChris on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voice of reason

Very sad
Diggerthedog

Vicious campaign :thumbu:

EDITED Seems like excuses to me. To blame the flags and one run in with fans is laughable.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayleighDagger1986

Point 2 appears to be the official line.
I wouldn't be surprised no one comes in if this is the sort of behaviour that forced Glyn to walk away
The Romford Dagger

Blames the fans basically.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Point 2 appears to be the official line.
I wouldn't be surprised no one comes in if this is the sort of behaviour that forced Glyn to walk away
What behavior? Please explain this vicious campaign. Perhaps if the MD did not call everyone a ***** he might not be do disliked.
NBDag

Vicious campaign seems a bit much. He obviously didn’t have the stomach to be in charge of a football club. So hopefully we can get someone new that does and be better for it. Very good point made by the club about needing fans more than ever though. Something for people to think about. Would you rather have a club that involves someone you don’t like for the foreseeable future, or not have a club at all? Suck it up for a while and think of the bigger picture.
dagger4eva

Sad state of affairs but a particularly predictable statement.

You nasty horrible people with your "vicious campaign" to get rid of the righteous one.

And you nasty racists with your flags.

Claims (rightfully) of the disunity - but someone with just half of 1 functioning brain cell would be able to collerate the disunity exists between club and a section of supporters, simply because of 1 man.

It is the same 1 man whos stubborness not to quit the club is actually 1 certain, factual reason why a number of previous long standing and loyal fans no longer attend the games.

And so to summarise the statement, its all the supporters fault that Glyn has pulled out and were on our knees but we urge to please be so kind and rally round. Got ya!

It is without doubt a big loss and big shame Glyn has pulled out. He really did seem like a thoroughly decent bloke.

Where we go from here god only knows. Rally round as any decent supporters of a fine football club such as ours would do I expect

How depressing
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Vicious campaign :thumbu:
Seems like excuses to me. To blame the flags and one run in with fans is laughable.
Quite possibly correct, however it is what he is hanging his exit on. Bear in mind the last time he was seen at the football club on a match day was when he was ambushed with the fake email.

Well done!

Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Vicious campaign :thumbu:

EDITED Seems like excuses to me. To blame the flags and one run in with fans is laughable.
Quite possibly correct, however it is what he is hanging his exit on. Bear in mind the last time he was seen at the football club on a match day was when he was ambushed with the fake email.

Well done!

Email was nothing to do with me Mike nor none of the flags, not sure why your laying blame at my door. I spoke with Glyn on many occasion and never once mentioned ST, I personally told other fans not to go on about ST to Glyn. I think there is more to it then flags and emails.

Why has it taken the club so long to confirm this news when its been going on since early November? Poor but no surprise.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Email was nothing to do with me Mike nor none of the flags, not sure why your laying blame at my door. I spoke with Glyn on many occasion and never once mentioned ST, I personally told other fans not to go on about ST to Glyn. I think there is more to it then flags and emails.

Why has it taken the club so long to confirm this news when its been going on since early November? Poor but no surprise.
Because they were trying to persuade Hopkin to stay on, and announcing you are in the shit just before the transfer window means if you can sell players they get sold at baragain prices. The final meeting with Hopkin at which he confirmed he wanted out for definite was this week.

I'm not blaming you personally, you are just the one trying to justify all the bollocks that has come out of a certain section of our support, and has been backed by the " Supporters" Club.
lupins

The flags have been an embarrassment to a number of people for a long while that is a fact
The comments about the MD have been completely disproportionate to any grievances and have continued that's a fact
We had a major investor now we haven't that's a fact
ARNU

Hornchurch or ebbsfleet ??? No tolls going to Hornchurch I spose. Couldn't support Orient or Southend and colchesters s bit of a slap. Chelmsford city I could get there in 20mins......hang on what about billericay ??

We've had it !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Because they were trying to persuade Hopkin to stay on, and announcing you are in the shit just before the transfer window means if you can sell players they get sold at baragain prices. The final meeting with Hopkin at which he confirmed he wanted out for definite was this week.

I'm not blaming you personally, you are just the one trying to justify all the bollocks that has come out of a certain section of our support, and has been backed by the " Supporters" Club.
I would assume the supporters club with respond accordingly.