Takeover off

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dreadfull is it not MTD.

My School Report always said must try harder, bit like some of our current lot.

I apologise to all posters for my spelling and ask you to accept my failings.
dagger4eva

Tamplin may well continue to be ploughing in almost unlimited funds at Ricay, as promised & they're top of the league, as promised BUT other than a small number of good-excellent crowds they really are way way off what they need to be anywhere sustainable. 3000 every game he said they needed. Their last game .... less than 600

Back to Glyn, I believe he's a genuine and decent person and good businessman.
IF the walking away rumours are true, im sure there would be actual, valid reasons for it - although yes, im sure claims of flags and supposed in-fighting are all gonna be thrown towards the supporters, regardless.
Maybe, Glyn found out what an overpowering, rancid little power hungry character our MBE friend was and just decided he could no longer work with him.

The thing that baffles me is that the club put this statement out on the 4th Jan
https://daggers.co.uk/news/-L21JvVYaVwF7TOu-sx9
Why would they IF Glyn had walked just 2-3 weeks earlier?
Is there in fact another consortium that took over the club, minus glyn? If so, whos involved?

For a club thats so keen to avoid the rumour mill going into overdrive about the flags/emails - they remain remarkarbly silent on this matter....
Mark

I'm really confused by that legal action. Unless they were advertised as something they aren't e.g. One careful owner, then it just sounds like opportunism. The consumer should check the history of the car if they so wish.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:I'm really confused by that legal action. Unless they were advertised as something they aren't e.g. One careful owner, then it just sounds like opportunism. The consumer should check the history of the car if they so wish.
https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/glyn-hopkin-ltd-and.html
Mark

I did read parts of that. I find it odd that ex-fleet nature of the car is considered to be something the dealer has to disclose up front. If that's the rules then so be it, but seems flaky to me.
Daggernewbie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dreadfull is it not MTD.

My School Report always said must try harder, bit like some of our current lot.

I apologise to all posters for my spelling and ask you to accept my failings.
OK seen you put it so nicely
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The situation is clear and you dont need to be Einesteine to work it out.

We turned down an investor who has since gone elsewhere and what anybody cant pretend has been true to his word and invested heavily.

We turned to another interested party who unlike the other interested Party walked away at the first opportunity and left us with a wage bill that in the long term is unattainable.

Anybody who ever thought the current squad was sustainable on the current gates and income really wants to give themselves a good shake.

Just waiting for the flags to be spun as an excuse.

We are going down the tube because we put our faith or at least the Members did in a consortium who appear to be sending this Club spiralling quicker then even Tamplin could have.

Ironic how things turn out
Bet those who had the hate campaign against Tamplin and were going on ‘how lucky we are to have Glyn’ feel better about themselves now.
dagger4eva

What a ludicrous comment to make from the resident *******ng Ipswich fan.

We WERE lucky to have Glyn - very lucky!

Thing that needs to be determined is WHY he's pulled out.
Im sure Kim Jong is currently working tirelessly on producing a statement to inform everyone why, and u can bet your last dollar that literally anyone and anything else will be to blame other than him and the current board. That is a given!!!
Last edited by dagger4eva on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

I would rather see us go bust than have Tamplin in charge.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:I would rather see us go bust than have Tamplin in charge.
File this under "be careful what you wish for".
DI Mike Dashwood

D4E, why is this current apparent (not yet confirmed it should be said) situation being laid at Thomopson's door?? Some of you really need to change the record.

Most were wary or objected to Tamplin. Fair enough, and time will tell with Billericay on that one, although some don't like his style anyway, I get that.

But others were treating Hopkin like a God without knowing much about him either. So he didn't tweet loads and have lots of tattoos, but that doesn't make him anymore likely to make good or bad decisions relating to a football club. And the key point with not being a members club anymore was that this could essential happen at any point.

But why Hopkin getting cold feet, vanishing or doing whatever is Thompson's fault is something I can't work out.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:I would rather see us go bust than have Tamplin in charge.
File this under "be careful what you wish for".
File it under your bottle went when I interviewed Tamplin file.
dagger4eva

Im more anticipating the kinda predictable shift blaming excercise that is sure to be coming our way soon.

Either way, people are gonna need to get their fund raising thinking caps on pronto. The future of our club COULD depend on it!
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
File it under your bottle went when I interviewed Tamplin file.
Which bit of what he promised to do at Dagenham has he not done at Billericay then?

Go ahead, I'll wait.