Takeover off

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Is anyone else bored of all this? Nobody is going to want to support a club that is seemingly in such a mess. It'd be easier just to go and find another local club that has a bit of ambition and s bit of spirit about it. What have we got right now ? A team underperforming, a manager who survived on his past record and dislikes any criticism from true fans whatsoever and some obvious boardroom difficulties.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Arnu, those are pretty much all things of which have been present at almost every other club, up and down the land, at one time or another.

The EASY thing to do is to support your club as best as possible and hope things are rectified pdq.

Lets see what comment the club / Kim Jong makes about this in the first instance. Regarding the genuine - sorry I mean fake email, he very quickly put out a statement starting 'in an attempt to stop the inevitable rumour mill....' so one would assume they will be responding to these latest findings soon!!
RampantDuke

He definitely looks at it because he once told me that there are 'no true Dagenham fans on the forum - just Arsenal'. :-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Daggerthroughmyheart

:ninja: for starting this thread.

Stunned. Such a great bloke and a huge loss to the club.
I imagine when the truth comes out (has he fallen out with Thompson and Dave the Plumber?) there will be a bit of anger around.
Lets hope the idiots don't make it worse by sending any hate messages on here or twitter. Glynn is still a shareholder and a sponsor and we don't want to loose the relationship completely.
steeevooo

Daggerthroughmyheart wrote:
I imagine if the truth comes out (has he fallen out with Thompson and Dave the Plumber?) there will be a bit of anger around.
Just corrected the line above for you DTMH ;)
DI Mike Dashwood

If he has or is going to walk away and leave us in the sh1t it will be the most ironic thing ever bearing in mind what was said about Tamplin on here.

While we dodged a bullet there what some people wouldnt accept was that changing from a members club to one having shareholders presented a risk regardless of who the majority shareholder was. And while Tamplin may be a laughing stock to many, we have managed to find someone who doesn't even appear to have let the ink dry on the original documents before wanting to get out.

Christ knows what will be the views on here if all this is as it seems. Maybe you could flog that champagne he got you for your birthday Merge, to raise some funds??

Oh, and I see already it's Thommo and Dave the Plumbers faults already!!!
Diggerthedog

I bet there is a normal and rational explanation for it all. If not we are on the Amazon without a canoe let alone a poxy paddle.

The Easts might step in to help, might also help get rid of that Cancer Thompson.
NBDag

Mark wrote:Those dates were added afterwards by one person. Look at the handwriting it's the same on all the dates.

It looks like the Articles of Association was signed some time ago and the resignation submitted after.
Did think this. But surely they would just print off a new front sheet to this and have the remaining people needed sign it. Would datining GH’s signature after he allegedly resigned not nullify whatever legality that document had?
Mark

I'm unsure of the legality. I don't know whether the large gap between date of submission to CH and the dates on the documents raise questions.
Adrian

A few things that jump out:
The dates don't have to have been added in afterwards. They could have been written in by the same person while all of the people that signed were in attendance before they signed.

Is that really Glyn Hopkins signature?

Would the effective date be the date of circulation or the date they all signed?

If you were going to "fake" the date wouldn't you make it closer to the date of circulation.

I notice no-one has mentioned what the issued share capital was. 10000 £1 shares doesn't suggest that anyone has put lots of money into this particular company.
DI Mike Dashwood

Personally I think you're right Adrian, the dates are not faked in anyway, and if they were faked then I would imagine the date would have been closer to the circulation as you say, and they would have done better job trying to get the handwriting to look different. The date probably doesn't need to be written in by the person signing.

I can't imagine that it is a fake signature though Adrian?? Someone, presumabl the Company Secretary, would have had to log these with CH so I don't think anyone would be doing anything untoward??

I hope DtD is right but can't see it. Only explanation I could see is that he resigned as Director for a specific reason of a personal, financial, legal or structural nature ?? He is still the majority shareholder from what I can tell??

However, he has not been seen for weeks. Rumours were already going round on here about losing a good thing (all very cryptic at time). The team has been playing in a manner that suggested something must be up. No player movement in or out during this window. It doesn't look good, lets be honest.
Adrian

I was questioning his signature more because it's just a bit odd - almost like someone has crossed something out or just scribbled.
I wasn't suggesting anyone had faked it.
The Romford Dagger

How do we know this isn’t just a fuss over nothing? The club, as usual to be fair, are keeping quiet and would have us assume all is rosy. BUT.. would he come in, promise the world only to walk away?

After all that was said how he was the saviour and everything on here and the praise he received, surely he wouldn’t just walk away this quickly? Thommo will be pleased though. One person less to compete for power and control with.

The club ought to make a comment on this now because it’s been a rumour that is getting more and more believable for every match he’s not seen or heard from.
Sagres

What a bloody mess if true - Why is everything always so secret squirrel with our club!
Coydagger

If he has jumped ship, maybe some of our supporters will be more open to someone from outside having a majority shareholding in the club.... because this has worked well hasn’t it......