Views From The Sieve

The Independent Dagenham and Redbridge forum

Takeover off

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Takeover off

Postby Daggerthroughmyheart » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Daggerthroughmyheart
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby daggersjeff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

a new opportunity for...............Tamplin :lol:
daggersjeff
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:41 am

Re: Takeover off

Postby dagger4eva » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Although the OP here was a joke - I've come across something with us that is somewhat confusing.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

8th-Aug-17
Document for the appointment of Glyn on same date.

16th-Jan-18
Some kind of resolutions document signed by all directors including Glyn on the 4th Jan.

The confusing part:
29th-Jan-18
Document confirming Glyns resignation on 18th Dec.

So, is there anybody out there who knows what the hell is going on? Is Glyn still a director or not?

P.S. the link is not, I repeat not fake news. :D
dagger4eva
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby Diggerthedog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Oh dear! This coincides we with playing very poorly, do the players know something we dont?

No signings this month either, think the club need to make a statement on this matter.
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby ThatRoundThing » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:Oh dear! This coincides we with playing very poorly, do the players know something we dont?

No signings this month either, think the club need to make a statement on this matter.


IF!! The club was now in trouble financially as they were before various consortiums wer being bandied about then it is probably best for the club to stay quiet for as long as possible. Creditors and/or banks would soon circle like vultures for payment of bills. Suppliers would probably think twice about supplying us with goods and services on invoice terms.
User avatar
ThatRoundThing
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 am

Re: Takeover off

Postby Diggerthedog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 pm

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Oh dear! This coincides we with playing very poorly, do the players know something we dont?

No signings this month either, think the club need to make a statement on this matter.


IF!! The club was now in trouble financially as they were before various consortiums wer being bandied about then it is probably best for the club to stay quiet for as long as possible. Creditors and/or banks would soon circle like vultures for payment of bills. Suppliers would probably think twice about supplying us with goods and services on invoice terms.


Who said anything about finances? I'm talking about takeover deal and Glyns resignation as director.
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby RampantDuke » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:52 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Oh dear! This coincides we with playing very poorly, do the players know something we dont?

No signings this month either, think the club need to make a statement on this matter.


IF!! The club was now in trouble financially as they were before various consortiums wer being bandied about then it is probably best for the club to stay quiet for as long as possible. Creditors and/or banks would soon circle like vultures for payment of bills. Suppliers would probably think twice about supplying us with goods and services on invoice terms.


Who said anything about finances? I'm talking about takeover deal and Glyns resignation as director.


We were all told many times during the Tamplin fiasco that if we didn't get a cash injection then we would be in financial trouble. That cash injection seemed to be coming from Glyn Hopkin. He has gone so I think that it is fair to say that we are in the financial crap now. Unless of course Mr Thompson has been lying to us all along.........;-)
RampantDuke
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby canveydagger » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:55 pm

dagger4eva wrote:Although the OP here was a joke - I've come across something with us that is somewhat confusing.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

8th-Aug-17
Document for the appointment of Glyn on same date.

16th-Jan-18
Some kind of resolutions document signed by all directors including Glyn on the 4th Jan.

The confusing part:
29th-Jan-18
Document confirming Glyns resignation on 18th Dec.

So, is there anybody out there who knows what the hell is going on? Is Glyn still a director or not?

P.S. the link is not, I repeat not fake news. :D



Maybe this is why we have not seen Glyn about the club lately
canveydagger
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby ThatRoundThing » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Oh dear! This coincides we with playing very poorly, do the players know something we dont?

No signings this month either, think the club need to make a statement on this matter.


IF!! The club was now in trouble financially as they were before various consortiums wer being bandied about then it is probably best for the club to stay quiet for as long as possible. Creditors and/or banks would soon circle like vultures for payment of bills. Suppliers would probably think twice about supplying us with goods and services on invoice terms.


Who said anything about finances? I'm talking about takeover deal and Glyns resignation as director.



Yeh, I know you didn’t talk about finances. Me just surmising.
User avatar
ThatRoundThing
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 am

Re: Takeover off

Postby Diggerthedog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm

In reply to Rampant Duke and Thompson lying - No comment :banghead:
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby NBDag » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Does look worrying. However I’m confused as his resignation is dated 18/12 but that Resignation document has Glyn’s signature as a Director and he’s dated it 4/1.
NBDag
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Those dates were added afterwards by one person. Look at the handwriting it's the same on all the dates.

It looks like the Articles of Association was signed some time ago and the resignation submitted after.
Mark
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby Daggernewbie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Just adding my piece copied this hope this helps everyone :-
Shareholders and directors have two completely different roles in a company. The shareholders (also called members) own the company by owning its shares and the directors manage it. Unless the articles say so (and most do not) a director does not need to be a shareholder and a shareholder has no right to be a director.

If i`m reading this correctly he does not need to be a director to own shares in the club.
Daggernewbie
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby RampantDuke » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:56 pm

EDITED
RampantDuke
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: Takeover off

Postby SUSSEX DAGGER » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:33 pm

if the takeover was complete then obviously the money for the shares was paid.

In that case the Club has the money , but nothing stopping the owner of them shares selling them.

This sounds to me the only explanation.

All turned out to be a complete and utter waste
of time has it not.

Our Club could now end up in the hands of anybody now i would imagine.

So from standing on the terraces hearing about roofs and bars we now find our beloved Club in Limbo.

Question is would the Members have voted for this chaos if they had known this was going to pan out the way it has.

The money that this generated can only be spent once which i imagine it has.

If this is true then there is a fire sale going to take place and we can all look forward to next season when this appalling run we are currently in will look promising in comparrison
SUSSEX DAGGER
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:47 am

Next

Return to Discuss all things Dagenham and Redbridge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], durnzo, poshdagger, Sagres and 11 guests