Doe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

I heard a rumour that Scott Doe has walked out of the club following a disagreement with John Still. Anyone else got wind of this?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RayleighDagger1986

No.
Where did you hear this?
stanton101

Yes, I heard the same thing yesterday, something about an argument and Doey had walked out.
Our family club is rapidly becoming a military run dictatorship. No one knows f..k all about what's going on.
I know we shouldn't aire our dirty washing for all and sundry but for Christ sake at least give us some idea of who's injured, and transfer news etc. The £3 programme is a pile of shite, all adverts and all manner of bollocks.
Everything about our club is like MI5 ffs.
And what the ****** is Glynn Hopkin doing, or is this only open to a select few?
Dagdale

Well if its true it'll be a real shame, I know his made a couple or so howlers lately but with all his experience should well imagine he'd stand up and admit and 'put it right', he's been a great servant to this club and vast amounts of time our team has been built around him, just hope there becomes a mutual agreement between all parties and it dies down. One of the lads!
RM1Dagger

He's human and he's made a couple big mistakes recently in a struggling team. And he gets slaughtered for it- OTT in my view. He's usually very reliable and our best defender and captain. And Saturday proved we're no better off without him.
Now the SE27 Dagger
A S dagger97

RM1Dagger wrote:He's human and he's made a couple big mistakes recently in a struggling team. And he gets slaughtered for it- OTT in my view. He's usually very reliable and our best defender and captain. And Saturday proved we're no better off without him.
This
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

Doe in my view is certainly not better than Robson. A few years ago yes but the move to Boreham and Part time football made him lose something, certainly not the same player we had previously.
dagger4eva

John still interview up on youtube.

When questioned about changing Ling and Doe he replied
Sam - injured
Scott - unavailable

We know he wasnt injured or suspended so does give some credibility to the rumours of a row.
ARNU

Doe is a fantastic servant to this club and despite a few mistakes of late he's still probably our best defender along with Robson. I reckon he's past his prime now but putting all this current mess on Doey is more than harsh. They're all playing poorly and it's the managers job to sort it out. Still looks mighty pissed off in that interview and so he should be cos he's served up probably the worst football in all the time he's been here lately. Nice dig at the fans there too. At least he acknowledges saturdays performance was shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Doe does get too much blame from certain quarters. I feel our defence are asked to deal with far more than most defences because nobody helps them. Look at the Sutton game. We were playing them with 5 or 6 players in the first half and still went in at the break level. Eventually if you keep knocking on the door it will open, and Lokko was just as much to blame for the backpass goal, he let it bounce.
BB-Dagger

Quite disappointed to hear Mr Still say that Doe was “unavailable” hopefully things will sort themselves out soon, another quote from Mr Stll was “supporters support and critics criticise” I’m not an innocent when it comes to voicing an opinion but let’s get back to supporting the team and leave the inquest until the seasons end when with a bit of luck we might be near the playoffs. COYD
Oxhead

and when he turns up at Billericay
NBDag

Can get why people think this. But if true surely because the club perform the interview themselves they’d just tell the interviewer to not ask about Doe, so as not to raise the suspicions that saying he’s unavailable will.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Must be one of the biggest earners at the Club
and if " The best recent thing to happen to our Club " turns out to be one of the worst decisions ever made then he wont be here next year in any case for the certain relegation battle.

In fact that will apply to half the current team i would imagine .

Whatever we think the Manager has the right to Manage. Not the first time he has thought the Grass is Greener last time he soon found out it was not if i recall.
stanton101

Might the club captain dare to have questioned the fuhrer on team selection and the possibility of playing Robson in ******** midfield.
Yes indeed still is the manager but it seems to me that anyone who questions or raises an eyebrow at his decisions is either dropped or out the door. That's fine if things are going well, but clearly they're not.
Of course it's only surmising but something went on for doe to not be on the subs bench.
And as for the back room staff, I doubt very much they'd open their mouths for fearing the same fate as doe.