Should Still go. .

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Doe is slower, he has been outrun a good few times this season. I can forgive him the clumsy errors but he's definitely on his last legs.I agree about ling. He's great going forward but I'm not sure he's a brick wall at right back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

I dunno if he's slower but he's definitely playing badly. His general defending is ok but he seems to have at least 1 horrible mistake per week atm. 2 today and at least 1 at orient.

We also saw against Boreham the weaknesses of Lokko and Robson as a pair.
Daggernewbie

So how many now are still saying John Still is still the man for the job after another clueless performance
RayleighDagger1986

I was on the fence when I initially posted this but today's performance has edged me to say "time to go". Its not getting any better but in reality its getting worse.
We can blame the players, weather, pitches, daggets against racism day etc but the buck stops with John.
The team today lacked everything. Shocking!!
Ian Culverhouse at Kings Lynn has turned them around. Sitting nicely in second place. One name thrown into the hat here!
NBDag

My opinion is unless we are looking at getting relegated, it’s not worth the risk of sacking a manager without the guarantee of going up. If we don’t make the playoffs, reassess at the end of the season. Otherwise I’d not say it’s worth it if we’re in a league that everyone thought was our natural level for another year.
RayleighDagger1986

NBDag
I respect what you say but do you see us getting many mote points before the end of this season playing like that today. I dont.
We played on paper a poor team who we made to look good. Why is that? I dont know the answer...
Pondfield Dagger

yep, re assess at end of the season, he is well respected in non league, we would lose our ability to sign the leagues better players. we may have well lost the signings of cheek, ferrer, corey to other clubs.
SUSSEX DAGGER

No point throwing good money after bad. We is were we is and likely to be for a good while yet .

The heady days are over thats for sure , if the money has been pulled then we are in the do do cos there will have to be a fire sale.

This time next year we could be involved in a relegation battle, the finances dictate that and looking at numbers today we cant even give it away for 50 bob.
ARNU

He'll go one day. They'll probably give it to juniour Lewis. What is the long term plan ? I don't think we have one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

The club is similar to JS. No plan B!!!
Adrian

Of course we don't have a long term plan.
Does any football club has a long term plan for their manager when things change so much.

Man Utd seemed to with Moyes replacing Ferguson.
That didn't work out that well.
dagger4eva

God help us if lewis takes over the main post.

I listened to his pre match interview before todays game and honesttly switched off after 1 minute of it and his 7th (seventh) "ya know"...

Utterly un-inspiring.

As for stilly staying or going. I think this season needs to be re-assed at the end. See where we finish up (it aint gonna be league 2) and go from there.

I do start to imagine stilly rather wishes he had of retired and was currenrly sunning himself in cyprus. Perhaps thats what does need to happen come the summer.
bloke down the pub

Mr Still is a good manager but youed need to be Jesus Christ to make a winning team out of these.
stanton101

dagger4eva wrote:God help us if lewis takes over the main post.

I listened to his pre match interview before todays game and honesttly switched off after 1 minute of it and his 7th (seventh) "ya know"...

Utterly un-inspiring.

As for stilly staying or going. I think this season needs to be re-assed at the end. See where we finish up (it aint gonna be league 2) and go from there.

I do start to imagine stilly rather wishes he had of retired and was currenrly sunning himself in cyprus. Perhaps thats what does need to happen come the summer.
I rather wished he retired as well mate. Unfortunately us mere mortals won't have his bank balance in which to do so. Utterly hopeless.
NBDag

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:NBDag
I respect what you say but do you see us getting many mote points before the end of this season playing like that today. I dont.
We played on paper a poor team who we made to look good. Why is that? I dont know the answer...
Our season has been riddled with inconsistency, so yes I can see us getting more points. As people have pointed out we probably don’t have a plan B so this season gives us as great chance to make that plan if we don’t go up. We aren’t going down so we may as well take the chance of keeping him in instead of kicking him out and finding ourselves out of pocket and in the same position. If we aren’t in the play offs come May we can look at a properly planned alternative.