Solihull (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I think this is going to be a tough game. They've started to pick up results. Plus they completely caught us out at their place.

Thoughts as to the score?
Diggerthedog

We will lose this........if we put certain flags up.
Penfold

will make the £2.50 price tag look a bargain...
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote:We will lose this........if we put certain flags up.
I say ban the unlucky flags. Hold on they are at home so does that mean we will win :lol:
DevonDagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I think this is going to be a tough game. They've started to pick up results. Plus they completely caught us out at their place.

Thoughts as to the score?
I've been thinking of this 'every game in this league is a tough game' mentality a lot recently and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Do I agree? Probably yes, this league will generally show most teams fielding players who are playing for their careers, of course they are going to try.

However, many teams in this league are part-time and don't have a great deal of quality. John Still and all the players will specifically say in every interview 'every game in this league is tough' (or to that effect) - it's not that I necessarily totally disagree with it, but are we almost passively giving ourselves a reason to see draws or even away defeats as acceptable because 'every game is a tough game'?

I just wonder if Stilly demonstrated less of the likes of "blimey, this is a tough one, could drop points here" game after game and more confident talk of winning games maybe the players would play-to-win instead of playing not to lose?

I know the alternative risk is players getting complacent but honestly can you think of a game recently in which the team has demonstrated a confident performance?

I've had a long week so this post could just simply be the signs of going mad.
Auntie Merge

Those flags have already cost the club to lose probably the best thing it ever had.
And for what? They don’t represent the club. They don’t encourage the team. It is now just pathetic.

So when the parachute payment ends and we can’t afford to buy any players and have to
sell a few to make ends meet, remember that it is the flags that are mainly responsible.
IanC

What was the best thing we lost
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:
Those flags have already cost the club to lose probably the best thing it ever had.
And for what? They don’t represent the club. They don’t encourage the team. It is now just pathetic.

So when the parachute payment ends and we can’t afford to buy any players and have to
sell a few to make ends meet, remember that it is the flags that are mainly responsible.
Why are you still going on about the flags and what have they cost us because as far as I can see nothing .
RayleighDagger1986

The issue with the flags is irrelevant. Its Whats happening on the pitch that counts. Im already resigned to finishing outside the play-offs. The club has to look at the reasons for failure. I know there's still points to play for and we are still in with a shout of reaching the top 7 but let's not kid ourselves here, we have failed. I would like to see this summer a new management team with fresh emphasis and ideas. Last time we did this was in 1999 and look what happened!!!
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:

Went fishing and caught myself an old trout.
steeevooo

Everyone is ignoring the important factor here: It's Daggers Against Racism Day. Therefore we won't win.
bloke down the pub

steeevooo wrote:Everyone is ignoring the important factor here: It's Daggers Against Racism Day. Therefore we won't win.

How many people in this area are against racism Saturday will tell.
IanC

Auntie Merge wrote:
IanC wrote:What was the best thing we lost
Im still waiting,anyone know.
canveydagger

Auntie Merge wrote:

Auntie Merge, how do you know that it these flags have cost the club probably the best thing it ever had?

Have you got any evidence to back your story up?, or could it be one of the half dozen other stories i hear from other daggers fans that might be costing the club probably the best thing ever.

Me myself think's the flags have made they point by now, i mean the North Korea has been about for at least two years now, (it was funny the first few times), but now i'm sick of the sight of them, i know people don't like the person that the flags were having a go at and i'm not he biggest fan (so not sticking up from him , but if people felt that strongly about him, maybe people should stop coming to home games or buying season tickets (ok that could kill the club or the club might have start to live with in it means) and he wont be able to pay himself big wages like he does, if the club keeps losing money, (Because with out the fans coming thought the gate and spending in the bar before and after the games, he wont have the money to pay he wages).
Daggernewbie

Please remember everyone our dear old Auntie Merge has to have something to crusade against so let her moments when she posts a lot of drivel now and again.