Terrible TV

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

Enough about the game..what's this about 'the flags' I didn't see any!?
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dagdale

Flags? What daggers flags? First time for ages never saw one so not sure where's that coming from. As bad as it get's today, many reasons been well documented but amazed it took what four hit's of our woodwork and at least two clearings off our line's before they finally scored and true grit spirit only seemed to show up after we managed to wangle in a goal last 10 minutes. There's obviously some problems going on here internally for a while and really hope our coaching staff nail it down and get back on track asap. When you see what a battering a little club like AFC Fylde done today to league leaders Macclesfield and how all season' we've been saying' how open this league has been' and then to watch a deleted daggers side it cuts you even more.
Blackie645

Obviously problems in the squad, there something wrong as that display today lacked effort and any heart, or any playing for the badge. The team turn it on when they feel like it. It stinks of not playing for the manager.
SUSSEX DAGGER

To many changes for change sake.

What Luke Howell has done to get dropped from the centre of midfield that only knows how to play sideways or backwards i would like to know.

Another tepid display by Bouchard who has gone forward more often to toss a coin then he has in open play .. We wont have many casuals even paying 50 bob next week if they watched that horror show on tv today
ARNU

Our defence is woeful. JS said we've been working on it. It's blatantly obvious we haven't solved any of our defending issues. Get some new players or we're staying down.

Burnett in the end had to go but Adrianand others wanted him gone before we'd even kicked a ball under him and despite finishing 9th and 14th in lg 2.
My whole point bringing Burnett up is that he could do nothing right yet still can serve up some rubbish and gets away with it. That's all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Our defence is woeful. JS said we've been working on it. It's blatantly obvious we haven't solved any of our defending issues. Get some new players or we're staying down.

Burnett in the end had to go but Adrianand others wanted him gone before we'd even kicked a ball under him and despite finishing 9th and 14th in lg 2.
My whole point bringing Burnett up is that he could do nothing right yet still can serve up some rubbish and gets away with it. That's all.
Please stop with your lies. I was more than happy to give Burnett a chance in his first full season despite the form he delivered initially. I just worked out a lot quicker than you did that there we're a lot of problems with what he was doing.
Also, by your logic of Burnett finishing 9th and 14th, Still has won this league more than once so should be completely untouchable.
Diggerthedog

We were utter garbage and lucky we never lost 4 or 5 nil. The manager needs to look himself in the mirror tomorrow and ask himself is this what he really wants, I honestly don't think it is anymore. Thanks John but your time is up, I know it and more importantly the players know it. Do what's best for the club and walk away, once a Dagger and all that don't hang on for your 100 bags.

If you decide to stay play Robson at centre back and go out and get in a proper left back, if not piss off.

Burnett was a shit manager, good coach but incredibly bad manager. Not fit to lace the like of John Stills boots and silly trying to compare them both.
CharlieC

I see no difference in Stilly's body language from when we were successful and to now, claims that he doesn't want it more are not based on any evidence at all. I'm sure he will be as disappointed as we are at the moment, but as the manager, displaying that in public wouldn't be helpful to the team at all.

Also the claim that we are in financial difficulty at the moment, is there any concrete evidence for this at all?

Things are awful on the pitch at the moment, but I don't want us to be a club who makes knee-jerk decisions about managers. Give Still until the end of the season and then assess the situation again.

Make no mistake, this season hasn't been good enough, but it seems people who are assessing Still's current spell here are forgetting last season. That was a fantastic achievement reaching the play-offs after being relegated. But it doesn't surprise me that Sussex Dagger is jumping on the chance to criticise Still.
Mark

One reason the midfield doesn't pass forward is the lack of movement and because if you play to Cheeks feet he loses it about 2/3 the time. The only player who makes runs in behind most of the time is Ling! Ferrier tries but often is being double marked these days. Howell tried to pass forward when he came on and couldn't find anyone because nobody offers.

Most of our players only interested when they have the ball at their feet. When the opposition or a team mate has it they just stand there catching flies.
ARNU

Burnett not a patch on JS no big secrets there.

JS can go whatever he wants unquestioned. Like field the same shit defence in the next game too.

I'm happy being 10th and in with a shout of playoffs, we ain't good enough to go up and we wouldn't stay there either. I'd be happy finishing 8th.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Up his arse again adi baby, well done.[/quote]

Go back and read it again.[/quote]

I'd rather not, quite frankly I thought you were talking shite the first time round.
This team doesn't want to play for the manager anymore, fact.
This team hasn't performed for the manager for a long time, fact.
A season that promised much, is petering out rapidly, fact.
Still, is unable to motivate his players, fact.
The manager doesn't know his best X1 or where to play them, fact.
You with me so far?
What utter rubbish to suggest we're missing the likes of Hawkins and guttridge! So did we miss them at the start of this season then, nonsense, we were top or near the top before we've collapsed. And both were injured for large parts of last season and yet we still made the play-offs.
And what is so wrong with changing the manager, while we're still hovering around the play off positions? Absolutely nothing, because make no mistake if we hadn't already got the points in the bag, this team would be fighting a relegation battle. They were battered today, the manager was clueless, the whole thing was a mess.
Still's been found out, teams have done their homework and he hasn't got a plan B to cope with it, times up I'm afraid.
But you stick with him, cup half full an all that.

P.s Just out of curiosity, who keeps playing Boucaud every week, regardless of form???
DaggerJoel11

Well if that seemed bad in the flesh then it was even worse watching it back on TV. We were second best in every department; overrun in midfield, bullied in our own defensive area and not good enough in attack and bar the last ten minutes not only lacked the quality but the passion and determination to break down a committed Sutton side clearly giving it all for their manager, can our players really say that?

Amazingly though, that spell at the end showed that Sutton were vulnerable to a bit of pressure, yet we didn't seem to try and put them under any all game. We actually could've nicked an albeit completely undeserved point when you consider the penalty Ferrier should've had if he went down, the fact that the ball probably didn't go out in the buildup for the first goal and the huge chance Cheek had. Even when we're awful we can at least manage to have some chances which I guess was the only positive in the kind of dreadful display we've seen far too often this season. Last campaign that kind of performance was a one-off, but now it seems like it's every other week. Not good enough.

The 2-1 scoreline suggests a tight, even contest but in reality they could've had at least 6, and probably deserved to. Even after they hit the bar three times, the post twice and had multiple others cleared off the line we didn't wake up and that first goal summed it all up for me. Yes it shouldn't have bounced but that's abysmal defending from Doe, especially after he'd got away with the exact same thing first half, and made even worse when you see him trudge away, shaking his head and looking around as if looking for others to blame. Just boot it out of the ground.

Then the second goal was just as bad, I think it was Ling's man. After all the free headers we'd gifted in our own box one was bound to count and it came to nobody's surprise when it did. This game showed how far we are away from potentially being Champions (we'd be happy enough to sneak into 7th right now) but the frustrating thing is that Sutton were pretty much gifted both goals even though they should've had more. How many times now have we played well for less than a half? Boreham Wood the other week, maybe Guiseley at home too, even Torquay (h), Chester away etc. You're never going to win games like that and when you do, such as the Guiseley game, your luck will run out eventually.

Many people seem to think Still's time is up, but I don't think we should be too hasty yet. It's still January and we have a third of the season to go and in this league things can change in the space of a week. If we don't make the playoffs though in what is a generally poor standard league (ie the leaders losing 6-0 yesterday) then it's time to reconsider definitely. If it wasn't for what he's done for us in the past, would we be content with this under say another manager?

Anyway, as they say onwards and upwards, Solihull next. Will be a much harder game than it sounds and with confidence slipping I can easily see a third consecutive defeat, hopefully not though.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ThatRoundThing

Doe and Bouchard seem to be bearing the brunt of recent criticism, could we field a decent side capable of a win without those two? Any suggestions?
But that would mean more changes to an ever evolving team. Can we afford to continue with Still’s experimental sides or do we just have to continue with the pool of players he seems to rotate with others not even making a 61 minute sub position?
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:Up his arse again adi baby, well done.
Go back and read it again.[/quote]

I'd rather not, quite frankly I thought you were talking shite the first time round.
This team doesn't want to play for the manager anymore, fact.
This team hasn't performed for the manager for a long time, fact.
A season that promised much, is petering out rapidly, fact.
Still, is unable to motivate his players, fact.
The manager doesn't know his best X1 or where to play them, fact.
You with me so far?
What utter rubbish to suggest we're missing the likes of Hawkins and guttridge! So did we miss them at the start of this season then, nonsense, we were top or near the top before we've collapsed. And both were injured for large parts of last season and yet we still made the play-offs.
And what is so wrong with changing the manager, while we're still hovering around the play off positions? Absolutely nothing, because make no mistake if we hadn't already got the points in the bag, this team would be fighting a relegation battle. They were battered today, the manager was clueless, the whole thing was a mess.
Still's been found out, teams have done their homework and he hasn't got a plan B to cope with it, times up I'm afraid.
But you stick with him, cup half full an all that.

P.s Just out of curiosity, who keeps playing Boucaud every week, regardless of form???[/quote]

You should try re-reading things. It might stop you making yourself look stupid.
1) Writing fact after your opinion doesn't make it a fact.
2) We do miss Hawkins and Guttridge. They both offered things we no longer have. They might have missed time during last season but our best results and performances involved at least one of them. That's my opinion, which as others (and I'm sure you're included in) have said before to me, I have the right to state. I note that someone else has questioned if we've replaced them which you don't seem to have jumped on. Can't think why that would be. Maybe they don't tend to make you look stupid.
3) Try linking your 'up his arse' comment to your question about who picks Boucaud. Then ask yourself this: If I keep questioning the inclusion of a player, how far up his arse can I be? And then, think about how it's you that tends to defend Boucaud, which must also mean your defending his selection by Still. Once you've put all of that together, I'd suggest you'll probably want to have a sit down because you'll probably be exhausted having never actually thought about anything that much.
Dagdale

Some very detailed and good reports coming in about the way fans are giving their thoughts on why yesterday's game was so disappointing, may I might add I was pretty shocked on how well from the start Sutton were getting behind our defence and staying onside, and thus causing havoc, of cause maybe our own making but Doswell I would have thought done his homework on us well. Couldn't catch the after thoughts of John speaking on TV (noisy pub) but his vast experience should come in and put the finger on this for the remainder because if it doesn't get sorted now were going to blow it. Next game Moors is a massive test now cause they're really picking up form and slowly coming out of the relegation zone, our team should Man Up and be ready for Saturday with vengeance, we saw a team with great spirit not so long ago at Hartlepool and Woking, results didn't go our way there of course but we can and should show utter commitment now like those games.
Last edited by Dagdale on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.