Should Still go. .

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
davei

No
RM1Dagger

I think that question might have been answered..
Now the SE27 Dagger
IanC

No
But feel same as daggers4eva
DI Mike Dashwood

Not now, but if we don't make the play offs then maybe it's time for a change.
Kevin

No.
Daggernewbie

Never understand why he never plays two up front when we play at home and If we don`t make the play offs yes it might be time for a change.
dj johnny b

....and I never understand why we have threads like this....so undermining even if all respondents say no. Lots of people who are trying their best and need encouragement will have seen this and on a day when we're supposed to be looking forward positively with hopes for the year ahead.
I appreciate this is a forum for discussion and opinion but why do fans almost always, bar a thread or two about jovial landlords, have to err on the negative?
We're not doing as well as we think we should be doing with this squad but we're still 4th bookies favourites to get in the play offs and 'there's a long way to go'.
I am truly perplexed.
DI Mike Dashwood

If you read through there are a number of positive threads and postings. The thread on GH, postings about the improved atmosphere in the bars, threads about the Youth Team and several partially positive responses to your own post on modernisation.

I think it would be strange to see lots of positive postings about on field stuff at the moment after five games without a win and only two goals in the last four league matches.
ARNU

This is the discuss all things Dagenham and Redbridge forum not the blow smoke up john stills arse while we're struggling to get 2 points from 12 appreciation society. I think Stilly has got the overwhelming support from all of us in this thread. But we must be allowed to air an opinion when things are a bit bumpy. I haven't got many complaints, if Corey whitely could find his previous form and Cheeky could just look a bit more like he gives a shit I'd be ecstatic.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

I posted this to get a consensus on what supporters think. I heared a couple of fans on Monday as I was leaving the ground talking about Stilly losing the plot. It just got me thinking as to whether he is still the man for us, hence should he go? The responses says it all!!
DI Mike Dashwood

So my view is still the same. We need to make top 7 or his position should at least be reviewed.

Anyone changing their view, or all still happy to muddle long as we are.

Oh, and only 4 months till the parachute money dries up...................
Coydagger

So where has it all gone wrong? Did we replace Widdowson? No, Hawkins? No, Guttridge (maybe with Whitely but hasn’t been played central all year)
Why didn’t we bring Corey on today? When he was in terrible for a month or so ago he wasn’t dropped, so why the change now? He’s a better option than bringing on Robinson today. If we aren’t going to use him, then cash in.
We can’t defend for toffee and will never challenge for playoffs this season unless this is sorted out. Doe and Lokko are too inconsistent. Why don’t he give Pennell a go in his natural position? Ideally we need to dip into the loan market if we want to make a go of it and get some defenders in who can actually defend consistently. A centre back and left has to be top of the list.
There is a lack of creativity in central mid. Our forwards are starved of ‘proper’ service. Amount of times Luke Howell has been the most advanced of our midfielders is beyond belief. He’d be better off paired with Boucaud. A long way away from Guttridge last season, regardless if he wasn’t popular with a lot of people on this forum.
Still has to take the blame for this I’m afraid. We’ve got some very good players for this level who are underachieving in an extremely unbalanced squad. The team keeps changing week in week out which doesn’t help. We’re over halfway through and Still doesn’t know what his best team is.
Plenty more points to be won but need to address this defence to give the team a base and go from there. Can’t keep conceding goals the way we are and expect to score more than the opposition. He scoreline flattered us today I thought.
daggersjeff

GO......Now
ARNU

I don't think he should go but Still has to be accountable for this mess.do think we should expect to be in this league quite a while. Our defence is shit, we've known it most of the season and apparently still has been working on it. . Why drop Luke Howell ?? What is going on with substitutions? We have only 1 defender I'd keep , Robson and I'd make him captain as Scott Doe is no longer good enough I'm afraid. It's just age and pace and nothing personal as he's.been a great servant. Whitely can't get in this shambles side and I've seen nothing that suggests he'll ever return to form. Midfield ain't doing it either. Get some new players in and build for next season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Pace? Doe is quicker than our other defenders by some margin.

Our defenders are not playing well and we can't get away from that. I don't think there is a capable partnership to be had between the 3 centre halves, Howells is useless one on one and Ling is not a good defender.

Having said all that, why are they always under so much pressure? Because we allow endless crosses into the box because our wide players do not work hard enough. Bolarinwa and Cadogan today were superb. They did so much good work to protect Sutton suspect full backs and still had energy to cause us problems. I can only assume JS is happy with what he sees us doing because it never changes. Sparkes routinely allows people to run off him whilst he walks around waiting for us to get the ball back.