We should buy this bloke from Cray.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

I reckon for the price of a pint and a packet of Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper we could get this bloke from Cray Wanderers. Can't be any worse than Cheek has been lately....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ers-goals/
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Newdaggersfan

You mean the clubs top goalscorer and one of the better players lately...
Diggerthedog

3rd most prolific striker per minutes played in the whole division? Had he not been injured we would be higher up the league and he would be top of the charts. Our season fell apart when he got injured.
DaggerJoel11

Must be missing something. Cheek was injured for two months and is our top scorer with nine, respectable I'd say.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DI Mike Dashwood

"Our season fell apart when he got injured". Interesting comment when he has played part in all of last six games where we amassed a massive 5 points.
Daggernewbie

Just having a look at our top goal scores so far this season
1 : - Michael Cheek 9 last goal 9/1/18
2 :- Morgan Ferrier 8 last goal 9/12/17
3 :- Corey Whitely 8 last goal 16/9/17
and Daniel Sparkes has put 3 in the net for us in our last two games,so why do we need another striker when we need a decent left back.
Mark

Our finishing as a team is poor though. We have created shedloads and missed them lately. Ferrier probably takes 1 in 4 at best and same goes for Fejiri. The midfield have pretty much no goals.

Cheek is a very good goalscorer but for me you need more to play as a target man like we're trying. The ball doesn't stick up top much. Ferrier is our only real outlet ball as frustrating as he can be but better in wide areas. Maybe John is happy with Bloomfield as that target option.

We definitely need a left back.
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:"Our season fell apart when he got injured". Interesting comment when he has played part in all of last six games where we amassed a massive 5 points.
Will rephrase, we lost all momentum. Certainly had no clue when he was out injured. He has score most of the chances he has actually had lately despite little service.
DaggerJoel11

Even after a dry spell we're still the league's top scorers. At the minute though we're needing three goals just to get anything from games. We've got Cheek, Ferrier, Bloomfield, Kandi, Romain and White so another striker is the last thing we need, what we need is a decent defender or two. You can score as many goals as you want but you won't win unless you can keep them out too.

That said, Still is probably always on the lookout so if this Cray striker is doing that well he might still be tempted.

Also don't think Cheek gets enough credit to be fair. He's probably our best finisher and I'd bet he wouldn't have passed up that chance against Boreham Wood. Considering his spell out injured and when you also remember that it's his first year of full-time football, I think he's doing pretty well.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''