THE GLYN HOPKIN APPRECIATION THREAD

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerthroughmyheart

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Could just be that a man of his means swaps the grey of Essex/East London for a sunnier alternative at this time of Year??
Could be but hopefully he will be back soon.
His a great bloke and is being missed around the club.
bloke down the pub

Top Bloke.
daggersjeff

Would be nice to have something official from the club.
Diggerthedog

Official announcement that he is on Holiday? Alerting any local criminals? The club last week mentioned the deal has now gone through. He is now our overwhelmingly majority owner and I'm sure we will hear from him soon with an article in programme or something like that.
bloke down the pub

Do you have to be "Tagged" or be "Chipped" to be a shareholder?
Daggerthroughmyheart

What we need is every move tracked and a webcam recording. I bet Merge would sign up for the webcam of Glyn.
Daggernewbie

Daggerthroughmyheart wrote:What we need is every move tracked and a webcam recording. I bet Merge would sign up for the webcam of Glyn.
Not a bad idea draw names out of a hat who you can track/watch feel sorry for the one`s who get tommo. :lol:
Auntie Merge

I've done a little self pruning. Nothing malicious/North Korean just on reflection a couple of my comments could be taken out of context.
ThatRoundThing

Auntie Merge wrote:I've done a little self pruning. Nothing malicious/North Korean just on reflection a couple of my comments could be taken out of context.
What, like I have been told self pruning could cause a rash or some itching :lol:
Daggerthroughmyheart

Well that turned out well.
I’d really appreciate it if Glyn Hopkin did not ****** this club over. ****
Mike the Dagger

Interesting now to see this thread was started at almost exactly the time he decided to take his ball away.

Doh!
TommyD&R

If there’s any threads that should be deleted it’s this one
BB-Dagger

I do appreciate what Mr Opkins has done, for these following reasons....

I appreciate that it is clear that he has acted like a toss pot (can't edit that) by his actions.

I appreciate that his ego and spineless nature has left our club in crisis.

I appreciate that through his actions he will not be remembered at the club for any of the supposed good he had done previously but by the way he pulled the plug leaving us unable to complete this season pushing for promotion, and also fulfilling the contracts he had funded/approved with the players, and Im sure all of the staff will be very appreciative if they get no money at the end of the month.

I also appreciate that with a bit of luck we wont ever see or hear from him again.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Totally agree. Big girl crush aside, Glyn Hopkin is the best thing that has ever happened to this club.

Other things
staff
staff uniforms
just a general change of attitude about the place
I remember him saying a few months ago he had a long list of things to change, I reckon he has made quite a dent in it already.
‘Best thing that has ever happened to this club’

Somewhat ironically he ended up being the worst thing that happened to this club by effectively killing us off.