What would you change after last night defeat.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

We have taken 5 points from the last six league games,how we are still in the play offs beats me but at this rate we still be in the national league next season I for one want us to win promotion and back to league 2 football.

What changes would you make a new manager, a major team overhaul by dropping certain players and giving a chance to others to show what they got ,sell some and buy some new blood.

We have most of the same players that we started the season with so where has it gone wrong is it the leadership off the pitch,on the pitch or both ?

Your thoughts on this subject.
Sagres

John Still is going nowhere we do not have the money to cancel his contract, we need to tighten up the defence & it could still be a successful season if we can beat both Sutton & Aldershot in the coming weeks.
BarkingRambo

I think the defence needs more protection. I don't want to stop Ling's runs but the guy is often further forward than our attackers and its leaving us wide open. Bring in Doe/Pennell in CB (Would probably prefer it if we looked at transfer market but if that's not possible) and put Robson at defensive mid so when Ling has bombed ahead Robson can become a 3rd CB. I would probably drop Robinson or Bouchard for it.
Auntie Merge

I wasn’t at the game last night so can’t comment too much but I’d bring in Luke Pennell and Ben Nunn.
Mark

I would be looking to sign some players this week and maybe move some others out on loan to make space in the wage budget.

Adams doesn't even get on the bench at the moment so I'd try to find him game time elsewhere. I think he's decent but I prefer Howell and Robinson in his role. Pennell, either pick him or move him on. Same goes for Nunn. If Romain and NGala aren't going to play for us again then find them permanent clubs.

We need to sign a left back. I also think we need someone else who can finish because as far as I can see only Cheek has any idea how to beat the keeper. Ferrier and Fejiri miss hatfuls, and none of our midfielders can finish well. Howell is the best probably but he never scores from further out than about 10 yards.

I would be looking at some tactical things such as our insistence on piling men forward and the reluctance of some players to get back as quickly as they get forward. I would work on attacking throws in training. I would be reminding our defenders they are primarily there to defend not attack.

In terms of selection I'd stick with the 11 that started yesterday but bring Doe back. Robson looks very tired to me maybe he needs a rest. We can't afford to leave Lokko out against most teams in the league because it's land of the giants but he probably wasn't needed yesterday. It's worth noting that most sides seem to have a better 'big man' at the back than us. I'd consider restoring Nunn and putting Ling on the wing as he's a great crosser but can't really defend. Plus the aforementioned new players because Howells especially is weak.
DI Mike Dashwood

To me the squad is a little un-balanced.

We have a lot of attacking players who play either up top or in the wide attacking roles like Ferji and Morgan did last night. People available for those attacking roles are Cheek, Bloomfield, Morgan, Sparkes, Ferji, Corey, Kandi, Howells (currently being used elsewhere), White and Romain (currently on loan). That is a lot of players in those positions. Do we need them all?? Do we know our best options from them?? A big squad is great, but we actually now have a pretty easy schedule (volume wise). We have one more midweek game, and then Easter, but apart from that it is basically Saturdays, nothing else, no cups, nothing more.

Dagenham teams who have done well in past have done so with consistent selection. I remember the run at end of 09/10 season and the Team was pretty much the same for about last 10 games, including the play offs. Likewise in 06/07 when we were churning out wins, it was with predominantly the same personnel. Stilly and his staff need to decide what the best side is and stick with it. Yes teams need to adapt etc etc, but we are chopping and changing to much in my book.

The area where we maybe need strengthening if anything is central midfield. Adams (where is he), Boucs and Robinson are all in my view very similar. All decent players but often their first thought is to pass sideways or backwards. Luke Howell is slightly different I guess. But to me there is nobody who passes the ball forward incisively or who goes past people in the middle of the park. This is why once we fall behind in games we are basically going to struggle.
A S dagger97

I said thi before the Hartlepool game that We should look at playing 3 CBs which allows more freedom for ling and Howells and I never really understood what Doe has done to be dropped. We look better when Howell plays so I'd start him and KEEP HIM ON! If were losing and need to bring attacking players on I'd take one of Boucs, Robinson or lokko off. Give Mason more opportunities as he's not really done much wrong plus we normally ******** start hoofing when we need a goal so he'd be our best bet in that situation. Also recall Elliot romain from his loan while all our wingers are underperforming.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

The question i have been asking all day was the answer sitting 20 yards away on the opposite bench.

Sometimes you can get fixated in your views and need somebody to at least question your thinking.

Are Darren Currie and Junior Lewis brave enough to do that.

Sometimes i wonder if the bosses ideas are not getting across to the Players and a link between the Gaffer and the Players becomes even more important . The best signing we could make perhaps is Terry Harris to come and give John a Still a hand. Be interested in others thoughts
ARNU

I imagine ( tho don't know) that Juniour Lewis and Darren Currie just do what they are told. I don't think it is or should it be a democracy. Buck stops with the manager why would he let underlings call the shots. I'm sure they bring some ideas but they got to keep the boss happy or like a bolshy player, they'd be out. They are learning their trade, be honest who tells JS what to do ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

Sussex
One of John's strong points is motivation. Team talks before and at half-time is his strengths. A number of games this season have seen performances of two halves. We usually do well in one and then become a different team in the other. Not sure why that is! Im not convinced that Currie and Lewis are at fault here. Im wondering if the methods adopted by JS over the years is becoming dated, similar to Wenger at Arsenal.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I imagine ( tho don't know) that Juniour Lewis and Darren Currie just do what they are told. I don't think it is or should it be a democracy. Buck stops with the manager why would he let underlings call the shots. I'm sure they bring some ideas but they got to keep the boss happy or like a bolshy player, they'd be out. They are learning their trade, be honest who tells JS what to do ??
All the best leaders have advisors Arnu,
Daggerthroughmyheart

Is there any money available to strengthen the squad or did JS spend it all at the start of the season?
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:I imagine ( tho don't know) that Juniour Lewis and Darren Currie just do what they are told. I don't think it is or should it be a democracy. Buck stops with the manager why would he let underlings call the shots. I'm sure they bring some ideas but they got to keep the boss happy or like a bolshy player, they'd be out. They are learning their trade, be honest who tells JS what to do ??
All the best leaders have advisors Arnu,
I'm not disputing that Sussex. Whether we play like idiots or Barcelona we don't credit the advisors with the success or failure. Buck stops at the top. All these moody Arsenal fans aren't saying " Bould out " are they ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

3 at the back. Doe : Lokko : Pennell.
1 sweeper just in front of back 3. Robson
3 midfield. Howell : Robinson: Howells
1 in between midfield and front 2. Boucaud.
2 from Whitley, Morgan and cheek up front.
Gravy

stanton101 wrote:3 at the back. Doe : Lokko : Pennell.
1 sweeper just in front of back 3. Robson
3 midfield. Howell : Robinson: Howells
1 in between midfield and front 2. Boucaud.
2 from Whitley, Morgan and cheek up front.

Plus cousins in the sticks that's 12 shows how much you know about football.