Piss Poor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Our defence was abysmal barring two individual moments of ok-ness from Howells and Ling. 2nd game in a row we have been shite defensively. Cousins has been great this season, but it looked like Cousins should have done a lot better for their first goal. I personally thought Whitely on for Howell was needed, I just felt like Howell was a bit off today.
Sign a left back and centre back and start getting Nunn back in contention because our defence need a massive kick up the arse. It’s embarrassing that we’re doing so poorly considering the team we have.

P.s. the referee is a twit.
stanton101

A couple of days ago, everyone was kissing stills arse.
The truth is he's an outdated dinosaur whose methods no longer work.
Even the great managers of the past have been found out and the modern game no matter at what level can leave a once decent manager behind.
Time to go John and thanks.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Lung had a shocker. Still dunno what he's doing with these subs. Corey puts in another drab performance that guarantees he shouldn't be going anywhere. Jake Howells loves s pass back , no midfield tonight , Robinson terrible. Why are we taking Howell off every game and leaving lazy cheek out there. Pile of shit tonight.
Howells set up the best chance of the game when Ferrier was out clean through, wonderful ball but Ferrier could not finish is as per usual. We got the wrong striker from Boreham, Andrade is 10 times better.
Daggernewbie

stanton101 wrote:A couple of days ago, everyone was kissing stills arse.
The truth is he's an outdated dinosaur whose methods no longer work.
Even the great managers of the past have been found out and the modern game no matter at what level can leave a once decent manager behind.
Time to go John and thanks.
How dare you say that about John may you get hung drawn and quartered he`s Mr Dagenham , the messiah etc.:lol:

P.S. There are a lot who think it`s time for a change I be up for it but will it ever happen maybe a new one for next season who know`s.
Newdaggersfan

ARNU wrote:Lung had a shocker. Still dunno what he's doing with these subs. Corey puts in another drab performance that guarantees he shouldn't be going anywhere. Jake Howells loves s pass back , no midfield tonight , Robinson terrible. Why are we taking Howell off every game and leaving lazy cheek out there. Pile of shit tonight.
Hmm you mention Cheek every game saying how lazy he is except the last game against Hartlepool? He scored tonight and is the top goalscorer despite being injured for 6 weeks... you clearly have a disliking and are blinded by this
RayleighDagger1986

What a piss poor performance tonight.
Boucaud gave away the ball with a sloppy pass that led to there 3rd goal. Sparkes should have started and why was Doe on the bench.
The manager at Borehamwood is young and on tonights performance is capable of getting a team prepared and performing with little or no budgets/resource. Thats the type we should be appointing when Still moves on
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:
Howells set up the best chance of the game when Ferrier was out clean through, wonderful ball but Ferrier could not finish is as per usual. We got the wrong striker from Boreham, Andrade is 10 times better.
That was Howell, not Howells
Richie

Was trying to think on the train home, have we ever* had a really defensive midfielder? We surely desperately need one with the full-back pairing we currently have, especially with Still seemingly telling them to push on all the time. Centre mids are always ahead of the ball, and we get caught out.

*Ever going back about 10 years when I stated watching.
Mark

Thurgood temporarily. Heffer.
CharlieC

I feel sorry for whoever plays full-back for us, they get such little protection from the wingers.

The team selected tonight seems so unbalanced to me, especially when Howell gets taken off. At the moment, i think one of Fejiri, Whitely or Ferrier should start.

As frustrating as the Orient games were, generally we don't seem to have trouble finding the back of the net (we're joint top scorers in the league). Therefore, we need to look at tightening up the back with our transfer business, although Stilly seems to have this bizarre attacking philosophy since the start of last season.

A word on the midfield too, it's strange how the Boucaud-Robinson partnership that served us so well at the beginning of last season is struggling so much. Unless injured, Adams should get some game time. Failing that, it's time to look at getting a quality holding midfielder (as mentioned before in this threat).
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is no leader and why Ferrier is getting it i dont know. He tried and tried which is a lot more then some did.

The problems not at the top end anyhow.score twice at home and you should not be losing , shocking defence
Alan

We are easy to play against and rarely play well against the top sides because teams figure out very quickly that a lot goes through Boucaud and that when he gets the ball he won’t run with it or play a first touch pass, he will drag it back or roll his foot over it before passing, so the better teams realise they have that bit of time to get tight to the players nearest him, meaning he either passes to somebody who is under pressure or plays it back to a centre half who lumps it forward, meaning we lose possession quickly.

Robinson was bloody poor in possession. For and Robson should be centre half airing every game. Our decision making was at times very poor, eg Ferrier shooting when he had Okenbeherie waiting for the ball to be squared for a tap in.
Mark

Think we've played pretty well against most of the top sides. Unfortunate against Wrexham, beat Boreham away and Macclesfield and Bromley, point at Aldershot. Only real bad one I can think of was Sutton. We created plenty of chances so can't agree with that summary.

I do agree with Charlie above that JS philosophy seems to be far removed these days from his usual values.
Daggernewbie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:There is no leader and why Ferrier is getting it i dont know. He tried and tried which is a lot more then some did.

The problems not at the top end anyhow.score twice at home and you should not be losing , shocking defence
Funny thing SUSSEX DAGGER pointed this out on another thread here is what I said :-
" One thing we do seem to lack is a leader on the pitch,do we have a captain as they never seem to take charge and motivate the team need an old school one who will kick them up the arse when needed " and yes poor Ferrier does get some stick when there are worse culprits on the pitch who don`t try as hard.
Alan

Mark wrote:Think we've played pretty well against most of the top sides. Unfortunate against Wrexham, beat Boreham away and Macclesfield and Bromley, point at Aldershot. Only real bad one I can think of was Sutton. We created plenty of chances so can't agree with that summary.

I do agree with Charlie above that JS philosophy seems to be far removed these days from his usual values.
With respect, you’ve conflated getting a result with playing well. Several people criticised our passing and Boucaud in particular for giving the ball away at Aldershot, for example. Bromley are not what I would call a good side.