Better

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I believe Boucaud also played an excellent ball forward inside the full back which led to Fejiri offside goal. Will need to check highlights.

He passes forward to feet plenty, he doesn't generally get high enough to play the through balls because he's normally playing the deeper role. Tbf how many players in this division are playing great through balls anyway? Most 10s shoot rather than pass.
Mike the Dagger

A bit of a patchy performance on Saturday. When we were good we were very good, when we were bad it was awful.

After strolling the first half really, Hartlepool came out and battered us for the first 20 minutes or so of the second half. Again Mark Cousins made a couple of great saves to keep us in it and deserves massive credit for his recent form. Having let them back into the game it was great that we then took back control and put the game out of sight only to let them have a bit of hope late on.

Is it just me or do we seem to be letting the same goal in time and again at the moment, cross from our left, unchallenged header at the far post?

On Andre, he is undoubtedly the best "footballer" in our team, but way too often he wants an extra touch, or slows it all down when he doesn't have to by insisting on rolling his foot over he ball a couple of times. Also he often he completes a pass to someone under pressure having done this, typically one of the centre halves, who can then just hoof it. Completed pass Andre, ball lost Daggers.

Having said all that, He's doing a decent job at the moment, just wish he'd shoot sometimes when he has the opportunity.
Adrian

Mark wrote:I believe Boucaud also played an excellent ball forward inside the full back which led to Fejiri offside goal. Will need to check highlights.

He passes forward to feet plenty, he doesn't generally get high enough to play the through balls because he's normally playing the deeper role. Tbf how many players in this division are playing great through balls anyway? Most 10s shoot rather than pass.
That was Howells that played in Sparkes.

How many players in this division are lauded as being these great ball playing midfielders? What's the point in a ball playing midfield that plays it nowhere a lot of the time?
For someone who is supposed to be a good a passer as I'm repeatedly told he is, his final ball is generally lacking quality.
His forward passes to feet are generally to someone a few feet in front of him that is facing him and has no option but to give the ball back to him. He then passes it backwards to a centre half who has to lump it forward to someone who has been marked because they made a run while we were passing it nowhere and they've been picked up again.
Mark

Think I'm getting my chances mixed up. There was another where Sparkes got in behind after the offside goal.

Needless to say I disagree with the rest of the summary :)