Better

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers4life

NBDag wrote:We were pretty naff defensively today. Ling and Robson on the whole had far from their finest games. There was no excuse for their second goal, we quite simply just decided the match was won and expected them to roll over. Sparkes was a massive improvement from Orient, Fey also looked like the player we had last season again.
I can’t believe how there was not a pass back given against Hartlepool today. One of the most blatant ones I have ever seen. Which was then followed by some decisions that made the officials’ logic seem completely non-existent.
As for the Boucaud stuff, lord knows why he didn’t just spank it up the pitch when he was in our box, but aside from that he always seems to only pass if he is fairly certain that we’ll retain possession. I’d rather our players did that rather than hit and hope like Lokko.

Most blatant pass back you have seen? From where i was standing looked like he played it back using his thigh which is not a back pass.
stanton101

First half, we played some good stuff against arguably one of the worst sides in the league. Thankful for the three points, but I'm under the impression with us that we're always walking a tightrope with these teams when we should be putting them away quite easily.
Boucaud's by far our best ball playing mid-fielder but tends to get swamped by opposing players when in possession when needing help. Motm for me was Robinson, tireless performance.
Onward and upward.
ARNU

Boucard rarely has the ball taken from him too. Now he might give it away occasionally but he's rarely dispossessed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Daggers4life wrote:
NBDag wrote:We were pretty naff defensively today. Ling and Robson on the whole had far from their finest games. There was no excuse for their second goal, we quite simply just decided the match was won and expected them to roll over. Sparkes was a massive improvement from Orient, Fey also looked like the player we had last season again.
I can’t believe how there was not a pass back given against Hartlepool today. One of the most blatant ones I have ever seen. Which was then followed by some decisions that made the officials’ logic seem completely non-existent.
As for the Boucaud stuff, lord knows why he didn’t just spank it up the pitch when he was in our box, but aside from that he always seems to only pass if he is fairly certain that we’ll retain possession. I’d rather our players did that rather than hit and hope like Lokko.

Most blatant pass back you have seen? From where i was standing looked like he played it back using his thigh which is not a back pass.
Last time I checked you don’t have a head in your thigh, so you can’t use it to pass the ball back to the keeper. And he clearly wasn’t using his knee to put it out of play. It was a pass back.
Daggers4life

NBDag wrote:
Daggers4life wrote:

Last time I checked you don’t have a head in your thigh, so you can’t use it to pass the ball back to the keeper. And he clearly wasn’t using his knee to put it out of play. It was a pass back.
You can use knee, thigh, chest and head to pass ball back legally. The only time you cant is by trying to manipulate the rule such as flicking the ball up to head back
steeevooo

Do you have a head in your chest then?

Edited to clarify this was a response to NBDag above
Last edited by steeevooo on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pondfield Dagger

i thought it was a back pass too, and boucard can lose us abit of momentum sometimes when we are on the attack, play can get slowed down.
chants at 1-1, from the a13 stand sounded like Thompson out

No police at the game today?
Mark

It definitely isn't a backpass.
RM1Dagger

I don't think a keeper of Loach's experience would of missed an obvious back pass either. I personally thought it looked maybe a bit iffy but probably not.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

I thought kneeing it back was fine. The ref saw it and the keeper picked it up knowing full well it's fine to do so.

The offense rests on three events occurring in the following sequence:

The ball is kicked (played with the foot, not the knee, thigh, or shin) by a teammate of the goalkeeper,
This action is deemed to be deliberate, rather than a deflection or miskick, and
The goalkeeper handles the ball directly (no intervening touch of play of the ball by anyone else)
When, in the opinion of the referee, these three conditions are met, the violation has occurred. It is not necessary for the ball to be “passed,” it is not necessary for the ball to go “back,” and it is not necessary for the deliberate play by the teammate to be “to” the goalkeeper.
NBDag

Refs at this level wouldn’t have the bollocks to make a call like that at this level. Could even see that even in the Fleetwood game yesterday that no matter how blatant, low league refs just won’t call it out.
But wow- if that’s the rule I’m amazed. Saying a thigh doesn’t count as a kick is sort of like saying if it hits the upper arm deliberately it’s not handball. But if that’s the rule then that’s the rule
ARNU

The rule is clear. Kneeing it back is fine. If the ref had given it he'd clearly not known the rules just like the imbecile behind me yesterday who was calling the ref the C word for the rest of the game after the non incident.
Adrian

RM1Dagger wrote:Well I too disagree with you Adrian on Bouchard and agree with the others. I think he's a good player and I reckon Still probably does too. I suspect there's no point us arguing and we'll have to agree to disagree but I do think once fans make their minds up they don't like a particular player they will look to criticise at every opportunity and never acknowledge when they do well.
I've said several times that he's massively improved from when Burnett was manager and definitely works a lot harder. I've also commented when he's played well.
There do seem to be some amongst our support that will praise him regardless of what he does.
Hes supposed to be this brilliant passer of the ball but how many times has he provided a pass that has led to a goal? Not many.
On the rare occasion he tries to put a cross in they're normally poor.
If he's not playing a pass that goes nowhere they're normally poor as well.
There was great example on Monday - Ferrier was making a run into the box, Boucaud played the ball right into his feet so he couldn't keep going and end up losing all momentum.
Adrian

Lokko wasnt hit and hope. The diagonal ball to Ling was clearly a deliberate tactic in the first half and it cause them a lot of problems.
Beyond that it's a defenders job the get the ball away from his goal.
There was a point yesterday that made a tackle and the ball went a long way up. While a bunch of people were moaning about the lack of quality, that clearance ended up with one of our players and got us going forward.

I'd bet that Lokko created more attacking opportunities for us yesterday than Boucaud did.
RM1Dagger

Yeah but he's a ball player rather than a midfielder that's going to make any defence splitting passes, he's a defensive midfielder. Obviously I'm not comparing him to any of the following based on ability but players like Paul Ince and Nicky Butt did similar roles in their teams.
Now the SE27 Dagger