Better

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Thought sparkes had a decent game today, not sure why still always brings Luke Howell off when others are putting in a worse shift. Still a lot of faffing about and sideways footy but got to be happy with the win.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

It was pretty entertaining, but not a good advert for defending.

Sparkes added something by getting into the box and was a lot better than he has been. Not sure what the letting the ball just go out twice in the second half was about though.
Fejiri was much better as well, a lot more positive.

Cousins pulls off down great saves but then manages some shocking kicking and that punch instead of a simple catch near the end was just strange.

Boucaud was shocking. Most of his passes were either under hit or over hit at shin height. The point in the second half where he tried to keep the ball in our box rather than just getting it out was ridiculous.
RM1Dagger

Strange game. Played quite well in first half without any hint of what was going to happen second half when I thought we were generally poor but managed to score three more goals. We frankly invited Pools to score. However, nice to get the win for course...
Now the SE27 Dagger
lupins

Predictable criticism of Boucard as per but I really don't think you were either watching or understand the game. Or maybe you just don't like keeping possession of the ball
Boucard will always take the ball and always makes himself available and generally his passes come off and find a red shirt
And with the incident you mention he was given the ball immediately under pressure but still had the confidence to try to do something before he had to kick it out. Being as that was what you wanted that should have kept you happy
RM1Dagger

^ what he said
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

If you walked to Hartlepool you would have a job finding worse defending.

First half was the best we have played since up there but the oppsistion but we have not had such poor opponents since tgen.

Vastly improved performance by Feji but my god he will struggle to find a worse opponent then their left back if he plays another 20 years.

The half time oranges worked again 4 free headers we gave them they were never going to miss the fifth. If it was not for the farce that their defence got into for our second the result could have been very diffrent.

Dreadfull team Hartlepool who are going down if one of the bottom four managed to get the normal push on like happens most seasons.

As one of our loyalist fans oftens says two very poor teams.
Defensiveley he is right on this occassion and you have to be as plssed as he normaly is if you think otherwise
Mark

Sparkes much improved today but still don't fancy him defensively he left Howells with 2 on several occasions. Howells also for my money isn't up to it when someone runs at him as their sub did.

First half excellent but should've taken more of our chances. Agree with lupins largely about Boucaud. Robinson and Fejiri did well.
TommyD&R

lupins wrote:Predictable criticism of Boucard as per but I really don't think you were either watching or understand the game. Or maybe you just don't like keeping possession of the ball
Boucard will always take the ball and always makes himself available and generally his passes come off and find a red shirt
And with the incident you mention he was given the ball immediately under pressure but still had the confidence to try to do something before he had to kick it out. Being as that was what you wanted that should have kept you happy
This is spot on, I’d rather he’d recycle it and kept us in possession and kept the ball moving than sending a 50 yard diagonal or a ball down the line to no one.

Good to see Fej looking more like his usual self, about time Sparkes showed us what he could do too. I find it hard to criticise Cousins kicking because some of the back passes he receives are awful, always seem to go to his left foot when he struggles enough with his stronger one!

Overall good performance, and good to see we managed to see out our usual start of the second half slump without too much damage
TommyD&R

Also, did I hear Still out chants from the tbs after it went 1-1 or am I going mad?
Adrian

lupins wrote:Predictable criticism of Boucard as per but I really don't think you were either watching or understand the game. Or maybe you just don't like keeping possession of the ball
I think it's you that wasn't watching. Yes his passes found a player today but they were largely to players that were in a worse position and played poorly as well. Try watching a bit more and you'll actually see how poor his passing really is.
He can make himself available so much as the opposition are happy for him to have the ball as they all know that they're won't be in any danger while he's got it.

Trying to justify what he did in his own area is ludicrous. He put himself and his own team under completely unnecessary pressure. He completely screwed up and was pleading desperately for the referee to bail him out.
Adrian

TommyD&R wrote:
This is spot on, I’d rather he’d recycle it and kept us in possession and kept the ball moving than sending a 50 yard diagonal or a ball down the line to no one.

Good to see Fej looking more like his usual self, about time Sparkes showed us what he could do too. I find it hard to criticise Cousins kicking because some of the back passes he receives are awful, always seem to go to his left foot when he struggles enough with his stronger one!

Overall good performance, and good to see we managed to see out our usual start of the second half slump without too much damage
He doesn't keep us moving. He regularly kills our momentum stone dead because he won't play a simple pass to someone going forward and would rather do a turn or step over before giving the ball to someone that isn't going anywhere.
The longer he has the ball the less likely we are to score.
RM1Dagger

Well I too disagree with you Adrian on Bouchard and agree with the others. I think he's a good player and I reckon Still probably does too. I suspect there's no point us arguing and we'll have to agree to disagree but I do think once fans make their minds up they don't like a particular player they will look to criticise at every opportunity and never acknowledge when they do well.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

Always liked Boucard. Dunno why he gets so much stick. Probably our best player. Certainly most skilful.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

We were pretty naff defensively today. Ling and Robson on the whole had far from their finest games. There was no excuse for their second goal, we quite simply just decided the match was won and expected them to roll over. Sparkes was a massive improvement from Orient, Fey also looked like the player we had last season again.
I can’t believe how there was not a pass back given against Hartlepool today. One of the most blatant ones I have ever seen. Which was then followed by some decisions that made the officials’ logic seem completely non-existent.
As for the Boucaud stuff, lord knows why he didn’t just spank it up the pitch when he was in our box, but aside from that he always seems to only pass if he is fairly certain that we’ll retain possession. I’d rather our players did that rather than hit and hope like Lokko.
Mark

Both have their place. Lokko played a lot of big diagonals first half which gave us territory in their half. Even if it goes for a throw it's better than our usual straight down the middle to the gk. It also gives you a chance of winning a throw or corner yourself. Orient did it to us constantly.

Boucaud always tries to find a pass when defending rather than give the ball straight back to the opponent like most panic stricken players. He also passes forward more than he used to and has the best first touch in the division. I would say he occasionally passes to people under pressure not regularly. He is also happy to just clear it when necessary these days rather than take too many risks. It's no surprise that many of the team rate him as one of the best they've played with.