How Meny ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

Where would another 3000 fit into the ground? All the seats were full, the sieve looked full, the east end was about 50% full.
Diggerthedog

Sieve was nowhere near full plenty of room towards the Bury road end and also behind the goal, also many seats were free in the orient end as they went in the terrace instead. That neutral zone is always empty good 300 could be stood there. 6000 has always been a squeeze.
DI Mike Dashwood

I would say over 200 empty seats in TBS and several in Carling (three behind us were free).

Sieve was busy but nowhere near full and loads of room on Bury Road Terrace.

6k would be squeeze but highly unlikely to happen anytime soon anyway.
Daggernewbie

According to our website ( only a section taken ) this what it states :-
Whilst the Dagenham & Redbridge record attendance is 5949, set against Ipswich Town in January 2002, these improvements have enabled the ground to meet football league status and the capacity is now 6078.It be a crush no doubt,but if we do fill the ground is there going to room for mine and others beer bellies :lol:
bloke down the pub

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I would say over 200 empty seats in TBS and several in Carling (three behind us were free).

Sieve was busy but nowhere near full and loads of room on Bury Road Terrace.

6k would be squeeze but highly unlikely to happen anytime soon anyway.
Just looked at the game on U-Tube. No empty seats in the Carling stand.! No empty seats in the TBS,.Were you at the game?.Have a look on U-Tube
Auntie Merge

I was at the game. There were quite a few empty seats in the Carling . Where I sit we tend to mask this by spreading out a bit more.

We always predict the crowd, and the person sitting next to me was spot on.

The ground at the Ipswich game was unbearable. That was also the last time I had a ticket for the sieve, as all I saw of Junior’s goal was the back of everyone’s head, in particular the head of the 6ft man in the hat who always obstructs my view no matter where I stand.
DI Mike Dashwood

Glad you said it AM. There were two empty seats directly behind me at the game, as their often is (that would be Row B, seats 78 and 79). There was also one in same row as us about 4 to the right.

There clearly were a significant number of seats empty in the TBS in the block nearest the Barking College Stand (is it still called that) which everyone at the game would have seen.

Would you also like to dispute whether there was room behind the goal at the Bury Road End??
Mark

I would estimate you could get at least double in the Bury Road than was there. It looked quite populated but in reality there was loads of space to move around in. Ipswich game you were in body contact with at least 4 other people.
ARNU

I think the Morcombe play off semi we had around 4000 in and that was quite tight. Although I don't think that many travelled. Actually I'm sure there was 4000+ at a pre season friendly with West Ham a few yrs back which was pretty crowded. 6000 would be dangerous I think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:I think the Morcombe play off semi we had around 4000 in and that was quite tight. Although I don't think that many travelled. Actually I'm sure there was 4000+ at a pre season friendly with West Ham a few yrs back which was pretty crowded. 6000 would be dangerous I think.
The problem we have when we get a really big crowd is getting them to move to where the space is.

At the Ipswich game late comers just stopped in front of the terracing at the Bury Road end, refusing to move round to the sieve.

Should we ever get another game that big, the club needs to close off the sieve and sell specific tickets to it entering via the gates in Bury Road.

Most likely though, everyone has forgotten the lessons least in the Charlton and Ipswich cup games and it'll be a disaster trying to get a capacity crowd in.
Sagres

ARNU wrote:I think the Morcombe play off semi we had around 4000 in and that was quite tight.
Official Att was 4566