Don't know what ya doing !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

That was very bloody frustrating!

Perfecf conditions for the match, the crowds flocked out for it - 1900 or so home fans - a real buzz in the clubhouse before the game and in the ground and yet despite a lot of huff and puff and abit of a frantic 1st half, the overall quality on show was real poor.

Cousins with a few top, top drawer saves and a couple of Ling crosses were about the highlight.

I appreciate there have been a whole number of games recently so its perhaps a case of utilising the whole squad but was Bloomfield up top, on his own, REALLY the best we could muster for such a big and important game.

2 points from 12 over the festive period is a terrible return and it looks like the season is in danger of fizzling out if big improvements arent made quickly.

Guess we'll be back to the usual 1200 crowd again for the next game which is a great shame!

Hey ho - happy new year all
stanton101

To leave your three main goalscorers on the bench was just plain stupidity.
And to not have learned how to score against a very mediocre orient side after four attempts was worse.
Turning in mediocre performances in this piss poor division simply isn't good enough.
Daggernewbie

I agree with lots of comments on here about certain players not putting much effort in, slowing the game down etc. but is it because John Still is persisting on playing a 1-4-5-1 formation at home and away games he needs to go to 1-4-4-2 least at home this might help and get us back on track and start winning again.
Mark

I'm not sure we have the players to play 442. Our wide players are so attack-minded it becomes 424. I hoped Sparkes would be the more balanced wide man that would allow us to go 442 but so far his defensive work has been non existant. Caprice yesterday must've been amazed how easy it was for him to go forward.
Mike the Dagger

Gravy wrote:Kim jong un laughing all the way to the bank. Stewards who hate us. It's pathetic really 1200 away fans at £20 a go thom*** hires 20-30 New steward to look out for daggers fans saying c***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iqYuFmzqg
ARNU

The stewards home and away have been nothing but friendly to me and so have the management and directors. Maybe it's because I behave myself and don't act like a pissed up moron at football matches.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Newdaggersfan

Reading through the thread i can see that there is a lot of negativity towards the players especially a couple of individuals. But if you look at the bigger picture is it always the players fault?

Still looks to like the wingers to be as far foward as possible and the full backs to bomb down the wing ss well, this means we are always going to concede chances as well as creating them, especially with 2 in midfield. He also seems to like 1 striker to stay in the box waiting for that cross (cheek) and the other to be running the channels dragging a defender out (ferrier). With that in mind you need good service in the box.

Cheek - has had an operation on his knee which kept him out for 5 weeks. He then said in an interview he was playing with swelling and fluid in his knee. Then it was the December period where games come quickly and he has been starting almost every game, he came in to the side when they were struggling and the fans on this forum expected him to do miracles as soon as he comes back, which just isn't going to happen after an injury especially after surgery, it takes time. From the goals he has scored this season and from his record you can see he will get a lot of goals and assists but he also needs services and those in forward positions to be playing with him not for themselves.

Ferrier - gets a lot of praise on here but for me i feel he effects the team negatively. Yes he runs a lot but there isn't much end product and he does far too much with the ball. It's like he seems to think he has to keep the ball as he is the only one that can score which just isn't the case. He needs to pass and cross the ball a lot more as sometimes the simple option is the best option. I actually like him better on the wing in a 4-5-1

Whitely - looked better when he came off the bench on Saturday, just seems shot of confidence since the window shut for the leagues above. Maybe a spell on the bench would be good as coming on after an hour when there are tired legs can be very beneficial to him and the side.

Doe - another who has had injury issues. Made mistakes lately but has also been playing with Lokko who for the few months filled no one with confidence .

Sparkes - long long injury lay off. A lot more to come from him, just needs to keep playing games. Feel he has been pretty solid and has made good runs going forward, he's one that will keep improving the more he plays.

The best players so far have been Ling and Cousins both have been fantastic and Cousins I feel is showing he is one of the best keepers in the league
Mark

The point about wingers and full backs seems accurate and is something that really puzzles me.

You'd think if JS was unhappy with them being caught wrong side continually that he'd do something but it just seems to carry on. His sides of the past when we had success were built on more solid foundations. People like Saunders and Foster and Sloma and Ritchie worked their nuts off defensively whilst also being effective in forward areas. These days we only seem to want to play going forward.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:The stewards home and away have been nothing but friendly to me and so have the management and directors. Maybe it's because I behave myself and don't act like a pissed up moron at football matches.
^^^^ This ^^^^
Diggerthedog

Orient fans in the sieve spent all game with Wanker signs, middle finger etc. One of our fans swore and got threatened by the steward to be kicked out. They should have had a word with the Orient lot also but failed to the whole game.
NBDag

Newdaggersfan wrote:
Ferrier - gets a lot of praise on here but for me i feel he effects the team negatively. Yes he runs a lot but there isn't much end product and he does far too much with the ball. It's like he seems to think he has to keep the ball as he is the only one that can score which just isn't the case. He needs to pass and cross the ball a lot more as sometimes the simple option is the best option. I actually like him better on the wing in a 4-5-1

Sparkes - long long injury lay off. A lot more to come from him, just needs to keep playing games. Feel he has been pretty solid and has made good runs going forward, he's one that will keep improving the more he plays.
So you are basically saying that we are a worse team with Ferrier in it? Not 100% on the stats but I’d imagine he has the most assists for us this season, so him not passing or crossing enough seems a bit silly to say. Reason you may think he doesn’t pass enough is because he gets the ball going forward more than anyone, and our strikers have the pace of a dead tortoise so sometimes he has to go alone. To say we’re worse off with him on the pitch is hard to understand. Especially if you reckon what Sparkes has been doing is good.
RM1Dagger

Ferrier has been our best attacking player by a country mile. Yep, he is occasionally guilty of overdoing it but I love his energy and work rate. We looked much more of a threat once he came on on NYD.
Now the SE27 Dagger